Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

some people can get lucky but I had to do a third playthrough just for this bullshit trophy. I even had to record EVERY unique line she said just to keep track of where I was.

I got my plat already but nevertheless good luck to everyone attempting this.

Finally someone who went through the same pain as me. I also recorded every line and had to grind things like getting everyone hit by all status ailments, which seemed to take forever.

This one is by far the grindiest trophy in the game, because it's not clear which lines count and which don't. Opinions differ greatly about it. Good luck with this trophy.

I think it mostly has to do with your personal play style. I always keep changing my party members often, even when I was playing P3 and P4 on the PS2, so that's why I think it unlocked so early for me (Secret Lab, first playthrough). Only thing I did to try and speed it up was make sure I got Rise's line whenever anyone in my party got an ailment or a debuff. I also made Naoto use a few elemental items to get a few extra lines, but I got the trophy so early I probably didn't even need to do that.

Personally, I don't think it was hard at all (the trophy isn't even that rare), but again, it depends on your personal playstyle and how careful you are in harnessing everything the game just naturally throws your way.

I think it mostly has to do with your personal play style. I always keep changing my party members often, even when I was playing P3 and P4 on the PS2, so that's why I think it unlocked so early for me (Secret Lab, first playthrough). Only thing I did to try and speed it up was make sure I got Rise's line whenever anyone in my party got an ailment or a debuff. I also made Naoto use a few elemental items to get a few extra lines, but I got the trophy so early I probably didn't even need to do that.

Personally, I don't think it was hard at all (the trophy isn't even that rare), but again, it depends on your personal playstyle and how careful you are in harnessing everything the game just naturally throws your way.

I mainly used a party of MC, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. and started using the other three after Naoto joined. That might have something to do with it.

I mainly used a party of MC, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. and started using the other three after Naoto joined. That might have something to do with it.

Perhaps. I switched characters around as much as possible from the moment they first joined the party, so that's probably why HRF unlocked so early for me.

really? even when I did a specific playthrough for it, it didn't unlock until around the end of the second to last mandatory dungeon.

nanako's

then again, this trophy is fairly luck dependent as well because Rise needs to constantly say different lines even if you switch your party members often.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

really? even when I did a specific playthrough for it, it didn't unlock until around the end of the second to last mandatory dungeon.

nanako's

then again, this trophy is fairly luck dependent as well because Rise needs to constantly say different lines even if you switch your party members often.

True. It may have had to do with me switching party members often, but part of it may have been also that I was just lucky.

Then again, the dungeon you mentioned comes right after Secret Lab (the earliest you can unlock it), so there may have just been some slight discrepancies between our playthroughs.

True. It may have had to do with me switching party members often, but part of it may have been also that I was just lucky.

Then again, the dungeon you mentioned comes right after Secret Lab (the earliest you can unlock it), so there may have just been some slight discrepancies between our playthroughs.

the difference is you played the game naturally and I actively went out looking for lines (i.e. getting different ailments for each party members, seeing x amount of enemies, etc.)

regardless, fingers crossed that P5 doesn't have anything like this.

the difference is you played the game naturally and I actively went out looking for lines (i.e. getting different ailments for each party members, seeing x amount of enemies, etc.)

regardless, fingers crossed that P5 doesn't have anything like this.

I also unlocked HRF in Heaven, I don't think it's that late in the game, even if you're actively farming the lines.

Doesn't maxing out Rise's social link offer you more lines since her Persona gets more abilities to use while in battle? I'm rank 5 with her and she pretty much has everything I need to destroy enemies easily.

I believe it does, but those lines aren't character-specific. Things like status ailments, defeating 2, 3, 4, and 5 enemies with one attack are specific for every character, but it takes a bit to encounter the right enemies and get her to say the line.

Doesn't maxing out Rise's social link offer you more lines since her Persona gets more abilities to use while in battle? I'm rank 5 with her and she pretty much has everything I need to destroy enemies easily.

Before Rank 2 -> preemptive, ambush and number of enemies lines are easier to get.

After Rank 2 -> Rise starts to tell you about the enemies weakness or strength (I got up to four lines for each element, I don't know if there is more)

Exactly. Best party (if Chie was better at Ice spells, though), no need to change =D

Perhaps. I switched characters around as much as possible from the moment they first joined the party, so that's probably why HRF unlocked so early for me.

That's for sure.

Most people surely went with the optimized party (the one Dragon mentioned with Chie possibly being replaced with Kuma or Naoto) with other characters being forever in back.

Actually... some people say it's better not to overlevel her S-Link since on lower level, you can get some lines more easily...

It's like the trophy itself. There are contradicting statements. 

As far as healers are concerned, Yukiko is by far the best. Teddie is a close second if you ask me as while he does get debuff and buff spells, it is not enough for me to have him in my party at all times. The only real reason to keep him around is for Risette lines and his Bufula ability; however, if you play it right with fusions the MC can main Ice and destroy people. Also, Black Frost is stupidly overpowered in this game.

My group consists of brosuke due to his wind abilities and Dekaja (nullifies enemies stat buffs), Yukiko mainly for healing AND because she has the Healing Grace ability which outclasses Teddie every time, and Kanji for his raw physical power. Kanji also has lightening and learns Ziodyne + Maziodyne once you start using him enough. I am, however, going to replace Kanji with Naoto once she recovers. Chie is a close second for me since she learns Gale Slash and more AoE moves as you level her up.

Edited by x410xDragon

Oh yea! =D

But is it really that uncommon? I've seen people mostly using this party even in later dungeons =D

I can't imagine using someone else =D

Maybe people are using Kanji for physical attacks, but his magic is shite.

Actually it is quite rare for me. People I've talked to use Kanji and Naoto a lot.

Oh yea! =D

But is it really that uncommon? I've seen people mostly using this party even in later dungeons =D

I can't imagine using someone else =D

Maybe people are using Kanji for physical attacks, but his magic is shite.

Kanji is better than Chie if you ask me. In terms of SP, Chie has the lowest of all the characters. Yukiko on the other hand has SP for days which makes her one the best healers in the game. On top of all that, give the MC invigorate 3 and you just break the game. 

I used MC, Naoto, Yukiko, and Kanji. I really liked this team. I could have switched Kanji for Chie, though but liked his physical attacks more. Later used his increased attack skill for the last bosses. 

If anyone is in doubt what to use, I used this website to help me pick out my members: http://diehardgamefan.com/2012/11/20/diehard-gamefan-presents-twenty-or-so-helpful-hints-for-persona-4-golden/

I used MC, Naoto, Yukiko, and Kanji. I really liked this team. I could have switched Kanji for Chie, though but liked his physical attacks more. Later used his increased attack skill for the last bosses. 

This was my main party too. The combination of Yukiko's amazing healing spells, super high SP and pretty great fire attacks, Kanji's strong physical attacks and great for buffing and debuffing and Naoto and MC just being all-round badasses  :lol:

Actually it is quite rare for me. People I've talked to use Kanji and Naoto a lot.

Interesting...

I suppose they weren't overeleveled when they reached Nao xD

I tried using Nao, but since she does not have access to AOE Ice, I stopped =D

Kanji is better than Chie if you ask me. In terms of SP, Chie has the lowest of all the characters. Yukiko on the other hand has SP for days which makes her one the best healers in the game.

Yuki is literally the best party member, there are no doubts about that =D

give the MC invigorate 3 and you just break the game. 

Give MC Victory Cry and everyone is dead before they start xD

Well, Rise has joined the party for me, now it seems that the nightmare starts. This trophy brings a lot of discussion, huh? Searching about in other foruns, players are always like: "No, scan doesn't work", "Yes, it does", "Yup, your progression does carry over ng+", '"no, it doens't", "This one it's easy", "this is the most terrible trophy ever", haha. I just hope that I can earn it soon @.@

Edited by Yazoo_Rafa