Your Next Game - The Lottery 4 (prizes awarded)

It appears as though the posts have really slowed down over the course of the last week or two so, I'm gonna declare to everyone that we're in the home stretch. Even though there's officially two weeks left in the event, the current speed tells me to give it one week to "bring it on in" and the final week to fully "shut 'er down" and give our final thoughts. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for hosting the event Eff! I appreciate the effort put into hosting these events, and even though I didn't enjoy my appointed game, I at least tried it, which is more than I ever would've done if I hadn't signed up. Puppeteer was a nice idea which got too repetitive and stale for me before I could even finish the second act. The constant stage switching, sub par gameplay, and grating voice acting really put a dent in my experience, and it came across as 'just another platformer'. That may not be the case past the 2nd act, but the only parts of the game I enjoyed were the boss fights, everything else was mindless.

I enjoyed reading everyone else's experiences, especially Delboys and Coochs!

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 3

Thanks for hosting the event Eff! I appreciate the effort put into hosting these events, and even though I didn't enjoy my appointed game, I at least tried it, which is more than I ever would've done if I hadn't signed up. Puppeteer was a nice idea which got too repetitive and stale for me before I could even finish the second act. The constant stage switching, sub par gameplay, and grating voice acting really put a dent in my experience, and it came across as 'just another platformer'. That may not be the case past the 2nd act, but the only parts of the game I enjoyed were the boss fights, everything else was mindless.

Cheers Saltyie and I second the thanks to FDG for hosting the event.  I am looking forward to the next one  :)

I am glad I wasn't the only one who just couldn't get into Puppeteer.  I will probably go back to it at some point (it has an ultra rare plat) but I know I wont enjoy it.  I seem to remember it getting half decent reviews as well on release.  

• Like 2

I found Puppeteer to be a fun games but yeah the voice acting is not very good. Combine that with the fact that you'll have to replay almost every stage 2+ times , with a ridiculous amount of collectible trophies and the plat isn't fun. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

I have just platted Xcom:Enemy Unknown, and I am doing a final playthrough for the DLC.

I am thinking of starting Trine 2 next for all those UR trophies, any tips A-Brawl3r ?

Self Levitation, Use it and abuse it for everything you can ( can't for Walk in the Park run)

• Like 1

Boom 100% so I will wrap up my experience now.

My opinions on difficulty for the platinum:

Xcom: Enemy Within

7/10 (if never played Enemy Unknown - or 3 year gap between playing)

3/10 (if played Enemy Unknown, so know all the best loadouts, and the ability to save in mission :facepalm: )

Xcom: Enemy Unknown

8/10 (difficulty is based on the grind (5 playthroughs - you start to know where the alien spawn points are e.t.c) rather than twitch/reaction skill, perfect for us older gamers)

Slingshot DLC is not worth the money (except to those who need 100%)

Final thoughts .......   (screen goes hazy, weird harp music starts playing)

In a few years time, I may put on my Sony VR headset and take a tour of my museum of trophies, stopping off at the Xcom exhibit and reminiscing of effdeegee's lottery 4.

A smile may flicker across my face as I think of James "The Couchster" Bond's exploits against the forces of Exalt.  Armed with nothing but a pistol and a can do attitude.

A solitary tear may roll down my cheek as I remember being unable to save Saltyie from the mechanoid scrapheap.

I may even throw a salute to my alien slaying killing machines effdeegee and feral611.

I just need someone at Sony VR to come up with the cool idea of a VR trophy museum now.

Thanks for the memories chaps.

Bravo! Here here! :yay:

and right back at you. It's been said before; your updates have been a favourite part of this installment for our viewers and your fellow participants. Cheers, kudos and any other cool words that means the same. :)

• Like 1

I just need someone at Sony VR to come up with the cool idea of a VR trophy museum now.

Holy crap dude, that would be awesome! Please, Sony, make it happen!

Also nice final thoughts, and it's been a pleasure to follow along your journey :)

• Like 3

I liked Pupetter alot. I played cooch co-op with a friend for some of this game and that definitely made it more enjoyable but I still thought it was great playing alone. I thought the actual idea of the game was great and the way they incorporated the audience into the play and made the whole thing theatre style was excellent and new and different. Glad you like my experience lol One of us had to enjoy their game.

I found Puppeteer to be a fun games but yeah the voice acting is not very good. Combine that with the fact that you'll have to replay almost every stage 2+ times , with a ridiculous amount of collectible trophies and the plat isn't fun. 

Meowgic to much for you? lol I agree with the grind of each level being a bit boring but overall I enjoyed it as I said above.

*snip*

Congrats delboy. They should pronounce you king of xcom. And being your right hand man as the bondster...I should get part of the spoils :P I hope it's waffles

• Like 3

Go make 10 dozen waffles couch, the game lottery is in desperate need of it

Now I want some waffles.

I should get part of the spoils :P I hope it's waffles

Should I be worried? Or...

Anyway, I liked reading about everyone's different experiences with their games. Might just join in on one of these events soon, maybe once I get my backlog and such sorted out.

My opinions on difficulty for the platinum:

Xcom: Enemy Within
7/10 (if never played Enemy Unknown - or 3 year gap between playing)
3/10 (if played Enemy Unknown, so know all the best loadouts, and the ability to save in mission :facepalm: )

Xcom: Enemy Unknown
8/10 (difficulty is based on the grind (5 playthroughs - you start to know where the alien spawn points are e.t.c) rather than twitch/reaction skill, perfect for us older gamers)

Slingshot DLC is not worth the money (except to those who need 100%)

Final thoughts .......   (screen goes hazy, weird harp music starts playing)

In a few years time, I may put on my Sony VR headset and take a tour of my museum of trophies, stopping off at the Xcom exhibit and reminiscing of effdeegee's lottery 4.

A smile may flicker across my face as I think of James "The Couchster" Bond's exploits against the forces of Exalt.  Armed with nothing but a pistol and a can do attitude.

A solitary tear may roll down my cheek as I remember being unable to save Saltyie from the mechanoid scrapheap.

I may even throw a salute to my alien slaying killing machines effdeegee and feral611.

Thanks for the memories chaps. 

RIP The Lottery 4:  February 15, 2016 - March 15, 2016.

Well, I guess I'll break the current stretch of silence then. To be completely honest, I was gonna let it go just to see how long it would last but, I actually have a legitimate reason to post so, boo me. I'll just end it by saying, 1 post in 5 days? Really? :|

With that being said, I'm not even sure it's worth saying that I found a copy of the event banner and have replaced it. Oh, wow. Everyone, hold your applause. <_<

• Like 1

well, the grind is almost over - got the two difficult trophies done, and all I have left is the 'max an items level' and 'max an items rarity' left. So I look forward to having the most expensive Can of Unopened Soda the world has ever known.

Hope to finish up tonight, cause I'm away for a week tomorrow morning - but either way, almost got this game out my life, and in the pile waiting to be traded in for Dark Souls 3! :)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Anyone get a good haul from the sales on the NA and EU stores?

I got Game of Thrones and Of Orcs and Men on PS3 in the NA flash sale. Both seem to be from the same b-game rpg dev, but look enjoyable enough on the story front, just no in terms of gameplay. EU sale wise I was considering picking up Trials Fusion for a tenner, but I'm unsure. Nothing else interests me too much, there's alot of JRPG stuff on sale but I've pretty much given up trying to get into them, they're too daunting for me to pick up, and imo most aren't worth the time required.

I played the Trackmania turbo beta this weekend, pretty cool game, and it releases at a budget price. It has some great 30 second levels that are genuinely fun to replay to get better times and such, and the track creator seems deep enough for people that aren't me to make good maps :)

• Like 1

Looks like I'm getting to the point where I'm only on PSNP once a week now besides checking a trophy or something. I haven't played Diablo 3 on the PS3 for a little while but I've been playing the ps4 version with some friends. It's far superior to the ps3 game and enjoying it a great deal. In terms of trophies I'm at 34%. Going to start my hardcore run this week but I'm not rushing it.

• Like 2

Currently i'm commited to knock out The Deadly Descente related trophies on SSX , those trophies are the most fun and frustating moments with getting frm this game . Not being much active on this lottery mainly cause I'm playing casually my lottery game and not much as I would want until this period . Btw , i've already beat all Deadly descents on World Your but can't beat Griff on The final Challenge but i'll get back to him eventually and Kick his ass. Hope all you guys had or still are having fun with their games and most of all experience something different out of their usual gaming habitantes like myself since I don't care at all for sports games right now unlike when I was younger and not much of a fan for racing games either since I get bored really quick .

A

A huge praise to Brawl3r and Delboy , you guys achieved The plat already and had a bunch of fun doing so . I couldn't do that in such short period . You guys deserve a Medal :D

That's all for now, folks . Keep gaming and have fun until The End .

Anyone get a good haul from the sales on the NA and EU stores?

I was hoping The Abyss of Artorias DLC and The DLC for Dark Souls 2 will be on Easter's sale on PSN but got dissapointed . Was Looking at getting either Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 or Victory for Ps3 to try out to see what's all The fuss about this series but not sure if i'll buy . Was thinking of getting Evil Whitin or/and Wolfenstein New Order but the size of each is Big for my ps3 storage disk (80GB) and I Need to save up space só not sure what to get out of this sale . Hatsune Miku Project Diva (PS3) was The most wanted for me on this sale but it's too much expensive even on sale :(

• Like 2

I got Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition. Tempted by Tales of Zestria as well, but not enough to buy it yet.

I was kind of hoping that The Bureau: XCOM Declassified would be on sale, but no such luck.

During the week of silence, I went back and read through all 4 installments and was shocked to see that 2/4 had my partner getting an Arkham game, with the Blackgate Vita version being one of them. Oddly enough, he was the person in that installment that finished his game early, too.

To add to that, Cassiopria and I are currently in a year long plat race and the Blackgate PS3 port version was my first contribution on Feb 7th.

To add to THAT, 3 weeks later (also 3 weeks ago), I bought my first ever Vita and the store owner only had one Vita game left in the store to offer and, you guessed it, Blackgate.

I hope you enjoy it. I thought it was pretty good, considering what it was made for. :)

Edited by effdeegee

During the week of silence, I went back and read through all 4 installments and was shocked to see that 2/4 had my partner getting an Arkham game, with the Blackgate Vita version being one of them. Oddly enough, he was the person in that installment that finished his game early, too.

To add to that, Cassiopria and I are currently in a year long plat race and the Blackgate PS3 port version was my first contribution on Feb 7th.

To add to THAT, 3 weeks later (also 3 weeks ago), I bought my first ever Vita and the store owner only had one Vita game left in the store to offer and, you guessed it, Blackgate.

I hope you enjoy it. I thought it was pretty good, considering what it was made for. :)

I have been pleasantly surprised so far, although I am not that far into it.  I heard the 100 combo trophy could be a problem but I didn't think so.  My only worry is the backtracking aspect, and whether it is going to get annoying.

After knocking out all the MP trophies in Frozen Synapse really quickly you seem to have slowed down.  Is there any reason for that?  Is it getting boring or do you just have better games to play?

I still want to buy/play the game but might rethink.

• Like 2

I have been pleasantly surprised so far, although I am not that far into it.  I heard the 100 combo trophy could be a problem but I didn't think so.  My only worry is the backtracking aspect, and whether it is going to get annoying.

After knocking out all the MP trophies in Frozen Synapse really quickly you seem to have slowed down.  Is there any reason for that?  Is it getting boring or do you just have better games to play?

I still want to buy/play the game but might rethink.

You won't have any problem with the 100x combo. By the time you get to that section, you'll know what to do and how to do it. I watched one video and then did it first try.

In my opinion, the backtracking isn't as bad as one would think. Since there is 2.5D, 4 possible directions for each and the map is only in 2D, the levels can become rather convoluted and confusing so, the backtracking actually aids the player. By the third playthrough, you'll be whipping through the whole game without an issue, simply due to memorization.

Frozen Synapse Prime was a good, new experience for me, but not enough to make it my only focus over these last few weeks. I'll probably play it again for a few trophies but, I think in this case, it's a matter of "better games to play." It's a nice game, but kind of bland so, when someone asks me to choose between Solitaire on Windows 94 and an actual trip to Las Vegas, I might consider playing Solitaire during my cab ride to the airport. :P

• Like 1