Your Next Game - The Lottery 4 (prizes awarded)

Sorry guys for not being able to post regularly but in the last month or so I had so much to do. I'm disappointed because I spent 50€ on a game I'm yet to play and because joining this event was like stealing the place to someone that could've been alot more active than me. I also bought The Phantom Pain on sale but still haven't played it :/. I saw that 3 guys got the platinum of their game so congrats!

• Like 3

Still steadily making progress through Rainbow Moon, although pretty slowly nowadays. I've come to the part where the game opens up the map, and instead of giving you a single objective marker it's given me more freedom in that I have to figure it out for myself what it actually is I'm supposed to be doing. It's nice to have that freedom and all, but now I'm playing in a state of perpetual doubt of whether I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to or I'm doing something completely arbitrary that isn't actually any help whatsoever.

That being said, Delboy's updates got me to start playing XCOM: Enemy Within (it's been in my backlog for a little while), and damn are these Mechs fun! It's so satisfying to be able to punch thin men right in the face after all those times they crit me through full cover in Enemy Unknown! :D

• Like 1

I got stuck in Deception IV and got sick of enemies slaughtering me so I've gone back to Fallout 4. Probably go back to Deception IV soon and see if I can get past these bastards.

Edited by feral611

I got stuck in Deception IV and got sick of enemies slaughtering me so I've gone back to Fallout 4. Probably go back to Deception IV soon and see if I can get past these bastards.

I watched the trailer and a review of the game (since I had never heard of it) and it looked quite fun.  Looking at the trophies (and your experience) it looks like a really tough game to advance in though so I can imagine your struggle.

Still steadily making progress through Rainbow Moon, although pretty slowly nowadays. I've come to the part where the game opens up the map, and instead of giving you a single objective marker it's given me more freedom in that I have to figure it out for myself what it actually is I'm supposed to be doing. It's nice to have that freedom and all, but now I'm playing in a state of perpetual doubt of whether I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to or I'm doing something completely arbitrary that isn't actually any help whatsoever.

That being said, Delboy's updates got me to start playing XCOM: Enemy Within (it's been in my backlog for a little while), and damn are these Mechs fun! It's so satisfying to be able to punch thin men right in the face after all those times they crit me through full cover in Enemy Unknown! :D

I noticed that you had started getting a few trophies.  This thread would certainly benefit from another Xcom injection.

You know what to do.....  :D

• Like 1

I noticed that you had started getting a few trophies.  This thread would certainly benefit from another Xcom injection.

You know what to do.....  :D

Actually since then XCOM: EU Plus came out, so I can play Enemy Within while at home and Plus on the bus (or the toilet ;) ). It's a bit of a shame they don't have cross save, so I've kinda got two different games of XCOM going on at the moment :D

If you think the thread needs a bit more XCOM, I'd suggest buying EU: Plus for the Vita, it's pretty good from what I've played so far. Not as good as the home console versions of course, but not a bad game for the Vita. Plus, I couldn't possibly take over the reigns while you still have more Xcoms to plat ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time and running the event again Eff, had a great time reading everyone's updates and playing my own game. It was my first attempt at engaging a bit more in the PSNP community, and though I didn't post as much as some of the other guys, it's baby steps for this Shy Guy shyguyplz.gif. Thanks to Delboy for suggesting Rainbow Moon, it's a nice game to pass the time with when I'm bored, and I'll go get that platinum someday ;) . I'm also glad you seemed to enjoy Enemy Within (I was actually considering putting up EU instead of EW in my suggestions.... I think it's good I didn't as you already had that game :P )

I think I'll sum up my final thoughts on Rainbow Moon in the coming days, and I'll eagerly wait for the return of the Lottery for round 5 (even if I'll probably sit this one out... gotta give others a go, ya know? :) ). Also, to be fair, I don't think the $20 prize could have gone to a more fitting person ;)

• Like 2

Congrats to winners :) I quite enjoyed this event and getting my arse kicked by a game that I would never have played if not for this.

I watched the trailer and a review of the game (since I had never heard of it) and it looked quite fun. Looking at the trophies (and your experience) it looks like a really tough game to advance in though so I can imagine your struggle.

It certainly is tough and also likes to trick you into thinking that you're getting good then knocks you down in the next mission. Edited by feral611
  • Like 2

I second, third or fourth the thanks for running messages FDG. I enjoyed my time here. I would've liked it if I participated more but I'm happy with the amount I did. On a side note, I did pick up half the trophies now for the PS4 version of Diablo which I'm stoked about. Should have 1 of the two versions platted by the end of the month lol.

Looking forward to watching season 5 and congrats to the winners :)

• Like 3

WoW , i won something for a change? That's sweet  :D  Wasn't expecting that one coming out of nowhere but i actually really enjoyed participating in this event and still compelled to play my designed game nontheless .

Have to thank all of all you who participate and also keep up with the news from this awesome event . Many thanks to the host , Effdeegee for all his work and dedication to make this event going on smooth and fun all the way and also for the people who actualy platted their games and i suppose had fun doing so . And not to forget to all the other ones like myself who got their game and played something different for a change but above all had fun  :wave:

Excited for the next lottery to begin although i'm not sure if i will even take the seat with the big guns again  ^_^  but good luck for those who will participate next time  :awesome:

SSX was a good surprise indeed imo however i had some issues in the beginning but after some practise i got used to it and start having fun and really enjoyed some challeging tracks . Who knows maybe in the future i wil leven master it and plat the damn out of it  :eyebrow:

• Like 3

Just want to say thanks to Eff and all of the participants for providing us viewers with some entertainment.

As someone who enjoys watching this event but is always too chicken to sign up, usually the most interesting part is the anticipation for the games to be announced and seeing what game is selected for everyone. However, this time delboy_rules stole the show and had me anxiously waiting for his latest XCOM updates. Nicely done and I enjoyed watching the event from the sidelines.  :)

• Like 4

Will past participants be able to participate again?

Yes. One of the options of this event is that past participants get to play a second time, only not in back to back installments. There's also a loose rule that, even if one is eligible to play a second time, it would be nice to give up the seat if a newcomer wishes to join.

• Like 1

Yes. One of the options of this event is that past participants get to play a second time, only not in back to back installments. There's also a loose rule that, even if one is eligible to play a second time, it would be nice to give up the seat if a newcomer wishes to join.

I like this idea Eff, but perhaps you may consider a sort of power league for next time running concurrent to the lottery 5 but consisting of only past lottery players .... I'm feelin the itch to jump back in but don't want to take someone else's spot :)

While the quantity of posts may have been overall lower I would posit that the overall quality was higher.  Except my posts but somebody's gotta be the funny one :awesome:

Totally agree was only one participant that really failed to provide any excitement and that was obviously Couc....... I've said enough

Totally agree was only one participant that really failed to provide any excitement and that was obviously Couc....... I've said enough

Why is it that I wake up to you talking crap about me in every thread? You sir are one serious monster. Now go back to playing your tough game....what is it this week? Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. You disgust me :D

On a side note, Up to 58% on Diablo 3. I know the event is over but just wanted to share one last time. This plat is coming (or breathing hard haha) soon

• Like 1

Why is it that I wake up to you talking crap about me in every thread? You sir are one serious monster. Now go back to playing your tough game....what is it this week? Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. You disgust me :D

On a side note, Up to 58% on Diablo 3. I know the event is over but just wanted to share one last time. This plat is coming (or breathing hard haha) soon

I know it's like people just spend all their time sitting on you...

#dadjokes

• Like 1