Your Next Game - The Lottery 4 (prizes awarded)

On a different note, I just scored the Far Cry 4 :platinum: tonight. I think I'm now obsessed with killing people while riding an elephant. :lol:

:platinum: #128 :)

Congrats FDG. I just scored the plat in Far cry Primal yesterday as well. Riding around on a sabretooth is pretty badass.

I also just spent the last 3 hours playing Diablo III. Moved up to level 19, unlocked the enchantress, killed Mahdga ( I think that's the name), Found Leah's mother and spent the last 2 hours dungeon crawling to find the next boss. Got another cut scene in sweet HD and OMG I want some more :holy:

• Like 3

Haven't really played anything over the weekend due to being swamped with work to finish, but I did play two betas.

The Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta took all the things I liked about the last of us' factions mode and made it more 'uncharted-y'. It's faster paced, but still not a twitch shooter like call of doots, meaning a degree of tactical thinking and strategy when playing can still be employed, rather than simply running around the map scoring kills (still a valid playstyle here though). This is compounded by the sidekick feature, where with a high enough score, you can spawn in A.I to fight with you, I believe you can currently use Heavies or Snipers, both are effective when placed in chokepoints. I even made a video about the sniper sidekick's effectiveness when placed at a chokepoint:

Other Beta was Hitman. While I'm not the biggest Hitman fan (I haven't even played the first game or Contracts, and never finished Blood Money), it is certainly one of my favourite franchises for offering a true 'assassin' simulator. No flashy combat ala Assassin's Creed, just a target, multiple tools and opportunities (overheard from other npcs in levels here) and a silent kill. The beta made me pre-order the game after finishing it's two 'training' levels with cutscenes. While the A.I was as dumb as [something dumb] when it came to detecting you, I still felt the level designs and multiple opportunities to kill a target made up for this. The beta is apparently on all week up until the games release on Friday, even though I completed the two training levels in an hour I still pop on daily to redo them in a different way, definitely check it out. I mean, how freaking cool is this trailer??

The game even has a cheeky nod to Skyfall: 

N0NpoHa.jpg

So that was my weekend in gaming, hopefully it's alright to post what I've been doing even if it's not related to my assigned game (which I will get around to, promise), happy hunting :)

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 4

Congrats FDG. I just scored the plat in Far cry Primal yesterday as well. Riding around on a sabretooth is pretty badass.

I also just spent the last 3 hours playing Diablo III. Moved up to level 19, unlocked the enchantress, killed Mahdga ( I think that's the name), Found Leah's mother and spent the last 2 hours dungeon crawling to find the next boss. Got another cut scene in sweet HD and OMG I want some more :holy:

I so wanna play Primal, but I'm not gonna pay full price for it.  I would love to see the relative production costs between Farcry 4 and Primal.  I bet it cost them about 1/10th of the price it cost them for Farcry 4 - but do we see any discount, nope.

@saltyie - I missed the uncharted beta, gutted, day one purchase then?

Edited by delboy_rules
  • Like 1

@saltyie - I missed the uncharted beta, gutted, day one purchase then?

Definitely, though I'd like to platinum the first 3 beforehand. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 3rd beta after a delay was announced. You didn't miss a ton, just 3 maps and one mode, though it still gave me a chance to get a feel for the game, and it feels gooood.

• Like 2

Done with the main game, began the process towards power levelling to complete the post game.

Still a few mechanics I don't fully understand (the chara world is just bizarre) but getting there

How many hours would you say for main game then?  I am guessing end game is where the time comes in but handy to know what a normal playthrough is.

Finished level 19 in Trine 2 CS. Still have to do level 20 which is locked until I get all the chests in the expansion levels. Might as well get all the collectibles out of the way at this point.

I also got all the miscellaneous trophies out of the way, so currently I'm at 46/51 trophies.

All those ultra rare trophies you have got - should they be ultra rare?  Or were they pretty easy to get?  (I have Trine 2 in my backlog)

All those ultra rare trophies you have got - should they be ultra rare?  Or were they pretty easy to get?  (I have Trine 2 in my backlog)

The trophy rarities for Trine 2 CS are heavily skewed because it was on PS+. The UR miscellaneous trophies are pretty simple to get if you just do methods mentioned online.

• Like 2

How many hours would you say for main game then?  I am guessing end game is where the time comes in but handy to know what a normal playthrough is.

Probably somethhng like 10 hours.

Can't really say, as i spent a while figuring out levelling paths and doing some other stuff, and I'm not sure if you would need to grind a little to beat the main story (I suspect yes, at least some - I had by the end anyway)

It's one of those games that doesnt really kick in until after the main path though.

• Like 2

Done with the main game, began the process towards power levelling to complete the post game.

Still a few mechanics I don't fully understand (the chara world is just bizarre) but getting there

Yeah they majorly changed the character world from D3 and D4

• Like 1

Still making progress through Rainbow Moon, although I didn't quite play as much as I planed this past weekend. I'm a terrible multitasker, so when I tried to play some while watching the V8 Supercars over the weekend I either found myself watching the racing too much and not making any progress in the game, or paying too much attention to the game and end up missing out on the racing :S .

However, I've now made it past the desert level and the ice level, so I was very disappointed that the next level didn't complete the video game world cliches trifecta by being a water level (although, that could still come later in the game.... but hopefully not)

Unfortunately I've come to a part of the game where the ranged characters are able to put several hits on your party before you can even take a single move, which means you can't defend which is almost always my final move for each character. No, I'm serious, defending is like the difference of damage between the bullets of a gun and the enemies spitting on you. It's almost a bit too overpowered, and unfortunately takes out a bit of strategy out of the game. So yeah, because of that my archer Trisha stands about as much of a chance surviving the first turn in a battle with lots of enemies, as Zimbabwe becoming the world's leading economy. Recently I've had battles that have had so many enemies that the screen darkens a bit because I've been idle for so long, so I'm sitting here thinking what's late game going to be like? Is the Vita going to go into full on sleep mode or something if I don't touch the screen during the enemies' turn? :lol:

But for now, I'll make like I'm playing a Tony Hawk game and grind away. :awesome:

• Like 1

Grinding away, got my first few haracters to the lv9999 mark last night.

Finally decided to have a look at some of the requirements for the silver trophies, and starting to have some doubts that I will be able to plat the game by the end of this event (my game time is strictly limited by having a wife and kids, and I'll be on holiday for a week in 10 days or so)

I was not part of any previous Lottery, but I hope i won't be the first one to fail to finish :(

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I'm definitely not getting the plat in Diablo 3 however, I'd like to make more progress in the game before the event is over as once it's over, I will probably shelf it for a little while.

Getting the platinum for your game has never been a requisite of these events and I'm pretty sure it's been said on a dozen occasions already. It is in no way a competition of any sorts.

It is meant to be a fun event, to help build a stronger community and maybe get some folks to play some games they normally wouldn't have picked for themselves.

As a matter of fact, I think this is now recognized as an official part of the event; in the introduction post, I say it's not a competition, or that your game needs to be finished by the end, then have to reiterate the point a second time, within the first couple of weeks, as if nobody read the intro before signing up.

I believe it's happened in all 4 installments so, I guess there's something to be said about that.

If I were any good at it I would make a fake campaign ad about it saying how you never complete any of your lottery games and then with a tagline like Do we really want the guy who doesn't complete games as our next president?  Then it would be Paid for by the people for #neverFDG.  Your ad could then be a parody of "I'm not a crook"

If I were any good at it I would make a fake campaign ad about it saying how you never complete any of your lottery games and then with a tagline like Do we really want the guy who doesn't complete games as our next president?  Then it would be Paid for by the people for #neverFDG.  Your ad could then be a parody of "I'm not a crook"

Plus, he didn't even complete his 30 day challenge.. How's Bioshock coming by the way Eff?  :ninja:

Getting the platinum for your game has never been a requisite of these events and I'm pretty sure it's been said on a dozen occasions already. It is in no way a competition of any sorts.

It is meant to be a fun event, to help build a stronger community and maybe get some folks to play some games they normally wouldn't have picked for themselves.

As a matter of fact, I think this is now recognized as an official part of the event; in the introduction post, I say it's not a competition, or that your game needs to be finished by the end, then have to reiterate the point a second time, within the first couple of weeks, as if nobody read the intro before signing up.

I believe it's happened in all 4 installments so, I guess there's something to be said about that.

I don't think its a competition - there is a difference between not wanting to lose and not wanting to fail....

Almost done with trophies in Trine 2 Complete Story. Today I managed to get all the collectibles and complete the Story ( which I doubt many did in either the PS3 or PS4 versions lol).

All there is to do is A Walk in The Park, which is completing the game on Hard mode with the Hardcore setting on.

• Like 3

Almost done with trophies in Trine 2 Complete Story. Today I managed to get all the collectibles and complete the Story ( which I doubt many did in either the PS3 or PS4 versions lol).

All there is to do is A Walk in The Park, which is completing the game on Hard mode with the Hardcore setting on.

Good luck!

• Like 1

This morning, I sent a squadmate out to take my car to the garage, a squadmate to start making breakfast, and a squadmate to get showered and dressed.  While I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I might need to take a break from Xcom for a bit  :)

Now I see why I was referred to as the support character :)

• Like 1