Your Next Game - The Lottery 4 (prizes awarded)

Surprised I didn't make the top 10 in posts.  :o

lol well, I don't tabulate individual viewers' stats but, if it's any consolation, if it wasn't for your participation, this would've been the lowest amount of posts ever. Thanks for helping stave off the stench of utter failure! :P

lol well, I don't tabulate individual viewers' stats but, if it's any consolation, if it wasn't for your participation, this would've been the lowest amount of posts ever. Thanks for helping stave off the stench of utter failure! :P

Googled stench of utter failure and came up with this: Artie Lange: Stench of Failure

FDG is Artie Lange confirmed.  :lol:

To be fair, I joke about a low level of participation but, the truth is, I'm actually quite happy with this event. It has that sense of "slow and steady" and I feel like this is the highest level of trophy output as well (5 people at 22+ is pretty cool).

• Like 1

I am so lazy, effdeegee when is the official end date?  I might set a target for getting 100% in Xcom: Enemy Unknown as well.

Hey, if you're going for the XCOM:EU plat then you might be interested in this thread which is full of tips and motivation: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/34081-ur-conqueror-xcom-enemy-unknown/?hl=xcom

Pretty sure someone suggested it before, but just to remind you ;) . Good luck on your quest to becoming one of us immortal XCOM gods, commander :) 

Thanks for the stats Effdeegee! I'm a bit surprised I've only made 11 posts :blink: it felt like I've made more, but the numbers don't lie.

• Like 2

I am so lazy, effdeegee when is the official end date?  I might set a target for getting 100% in Xcom: Enemy Unknown as well.

The events usually run for 6 weeks, with the closing falling somewhere around the end of the next month (15th - 30th of the following month).

Also, I saw you started the blue XCOM and thought that looked pretty cool, having them back to back on your profile. :awesome:

• Like 1

Hey, if you're going for the XCOM:EU plat then you might be interested in this thread which is full of tips and motivation: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/34081-ur-conqueror-xcom-enemy-unknown/?hl=xcom

Pretty sure someone suggested it before, but just to remind you ;) . Good luck on your quest to becoming one of us immortal XCOM gods, commander :)

Thanks for the stats Effdeegee! I'm a bit surprised I've only made 11 posts :blink: it felt like I've made more, but the numbers don't lie.

I will certainly check out the thread cheers.  Any reason why you didnt buy/play the DLC? 

• Like 1

I will certainly check out the thread cheers.  Any reason why you didnt buy/play the DLC? 

The DLC was included with Enemy Within, so I thought I'd just play it whenever I got round to Enemy Within (which I've made a small start with recently thanks to your updates reminding me how awesome XCOM is :D ). It's a bit of a bummer not to have EU at 100%, so I might purchase it in the future when I need a reason to play XCOM again, but for now I'm just happy with the platinum and I don't feel that buying it just to get 100% is really worth it for me (right now). I have heard that the enabling the DLC makes your classic ironman and impossible runs a little bit easier, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

• Like 2

Started playing Xcom: Enemy Unknown and I have just had the biggest  :facepalm:  of my gaming life!!  I was looking at what Ironman mode was and save scumming etc and then the :facepalm: happened. When I played Xcom: Enemy Within, I didn't even realise that you could save DURING a mission.  I never even pressed pause during a mission (its turn based so I didn't need to pause the game).  This meant that when I went through my Classic with only 4 soldiers run, if I had a bad mission I had to restart the mission completely.  I now realise why I was biting my nails so much.

On the plus side it should make my classic ironman run on Enemy Unknown a bit easier!

One more point, I hadn't played Enemy Unknown since 2013 before I started Enemy Within, so EW felt pretty new.  However playing EU now I don't see much difference other than the mechs (although I havent progressed too far in the game yet).

• Like 3

It's the only trophy I've ever planned, or will ever plan.

Although, the idea to make Barbie & Her Sisters Puppy Rescue as platinum #150 has been in my brain for quite some time now so, that may very well happen too.

That would be awesome, although from the trophy guide, I would start working towards it now.   :)

Edit: but I think loads of people are doing the same right?

Edited by delboy_rules

Finished level 19 in Trine 2 CS. Still have to do level 20 which is locked until I get all the chests in the expansion levels. Might as well get all the collectibles out of the way at this point.

I also got all the miscellaneous trophies out of the way, so currently I'm at 46/51 trophies.

• Like 3

Finished level 19 in Trine 2 CS. Still have to do level 20 which is locked until I get all the chests in the expansion levels. Might as well get all the collectibles out of the way at this point.

I also got all the miscellaneous trophies out of the way, so currently I'm at 46/51 trophies.

Nice work! Almost done! :jaymon:

On a different note, I just scored the Far Cry 4 :platinum: tonight. I think I'm now obsessed with killing people while riding an elephant. :lol:

:platinum: #128 :)

• Like 4