What's your inspiration/ reason for trophy hunting?

Fallen_Chaos_

Do you do it for fun? To be the best there is? To compete? etc. What got you all into trophy hunting? That wonderful DING sound? To level up as high as you can go? I think it'd be interesting to hear all your reasons.

For me I always found trophies pretty fun when I first got my ps3 many years ago, but I never thought too much of them nor did I go out of my way to achieve them. However a friend of mine who does tend to talk a lot of crap sorta "challenged" me, albeit in a rude sorta way, by stating how low my trophy score was and how I can never surpass him. Now usually I'm not a competitive person, very casual, but for some reason that just sparked a flame that can now never be extinguished. I worked hard from then on to get those trophies, to hear that glorious sound, but most importantly to beat his trophy score. I've actually surpassed his score him currently being level 13 at 36% with one platinum and I at level 14 at 55% with five platinums, and I have no intent on slowing down! So I guess you can say my driving force for trophy hunting is rivalry/ competition against someone. Whatever your reason I'd love to hear it :)

• Like 2

I always was a completionist but I was an avid achievement hunter on Xbox thanks to Halo 3 and the yearn to get every achievement for bragging rights.Trophy hunting to me is very fun and I really feel like I get my money's worth for getting every trophy possible.

Edited by TristanTehGamer1

For fun. I'd never be able to play a game I didn't enjoy or replay a game several times for the sake of any trophy, I know I'd get bored way before the end. So I don't take it seriously. I'm not competitive when it comes to gaming, I've never played for anything other than my own enjoyment and the second that goes, I'll move onto something else regardless of how incomplete the trophy list is. 

I don't tend to buy new games either. I usually wait a year or two until it's halved in price or pick up a used version, so value for money isn't much of an issue. Now that I have more time off work and uni doesn't take up too much time, I'll probably hunt trophies a bit more often, so long as it's enjoyable and I don't forget why I started gaming in the first place.

• Like 1

I always was a completionist but I was an avid achievement hunter on Xbox thanks to Halo 3 and the yearn to get every achievement for bragging rights.Trophy hunting to me is very fun and I really feel like I get my money's worth for getting every trophy possible.

Getting your money's worth of games is crucial in this current era, with the way games tend to be nowadays if you pay full price.

For fun. I'd never be able to play a game I didn't enjoy or replay a game several times for the sake of any trophy, I know I'd get bored way before the end. So I don't take it seriously. I'm not competitive when it comes to gaming, I've never played for anything other than my own enjoyment and the second that goes, I'll move onto something else regardless of how incomplete the trophy list is. 

I don't tend to buy new games either. I usually wait a year or two until it's halved in price or pick up a used version, so value for money isn't much of an issue. Now that I have more time off work and uni doesn't take up too much time, I'll probably hunt trophies a bit more often, so long as it's enjoyable and I don't forget why I started gaming in the first place.

Yes, having fun with games is always a must. Lol I have so many incomplete trophy lists that'll always be that way because the trophies are just too hard for me to get (Im looking at you Star Ocean 4) but I still enjoy the games nonetheless

• Like 1

Well I can't really call myself a trophy hunter (yet at least :P, still have so much to do), but I plat games b/c it's a way for me to explore a game much more, give myself a challenge sometimes, and just have something to show off.

The biggest reason for me though is probably cuz getting plats is just an excuse for me to spend more time on games I already love. :)

Well I can't really call myself a trophy hunter (yet at least :P, still have so much to do), but I plat games b/c it's a way for me to explore a game much more, give myself a challenge sometimes, and just have something to show off.

The biggest reason for me though is probably cuz getting plats is just an excuse for me to spend more time on games I already love. :)

This guys alright. So im gonna leech off of some of their post. 

My main reason. They exist. I game. So i hunt.

This website is what started the addiction for me. I didn't even know trophy hunting was a "thing" until I arrived on this site. Though I am by no means a completionist or even a competitive trophy hunter (one who soars through the leaderboards) at that, but this site made me realize how fun trophy hunting can be! :)

Once I found this website, I got really into trophy collecting and fell out of favor with achievement collecting. There simply isn't a site like this for achievements. Want to know how many trophies you have unlocked on a Tuesday? It's there. Want to know how many trophies you unlocked in the 2 o'clock hour? It's there.

So basically, I like seeing the numbers go up.

To me anyone who just enjoys obtaining trophies is a trophy hunter in my book :)

This website is what started the addiction for me. I didn't even know trophy hunting was a "thing" until I arrived on this site. Though I am by no means a completionist or even a competitive trophy hunter (one who soars through the leaderboards) at that, but this site made me realize how fun trophy hunting can be! :)

YES I know what you mean, this site makes it all the more fun and better, and you inspired me for a follow up question!

Basically, I don't feel like a game is truly 'finished' until I earn the platinum. Only once I earn the plat can I truly put the game away for good and be at peace with myself. I also like building up a collection to feel proud of.

Somewhat off topic, but it's for this reason I get really depressed when games have several trophy lists. The Evil Within, for example, has like 6 trophy lists and I don't feel motivated to earn a single one of them because it won't feel like I accomplished anything since there will be 5 more plats left of the same game. Anyone feel the same way?

That's an interesting take. If a games trophy list is too difficult for me, then I feel it's complete when I get all the trophies within my ability. As for the multiple trophy lists, if I had the time to be able to get every single one for multiple plats I so would but I don't have that kinda time right now v_v lol

I like to show my apperication for the game by getting the platinum. Sometimes I go far beyond by trying to platinum all the games of a series that I love (Neptunia, Infamous, God of War)

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS I hope to platinum all the HDN games <3 (except MK2 and Rebirth 2 because I REFUSE to get the conquest ending) but the only downside to them is they're so time consuming, and as much as I love this series to death I just don't have that kinda time in my life to dedicate the hours that I'd love to to the series :(

I enjoy it plus I want to prove to myself that I can focus on a game instead of keep adding games to my backlog ^_^

I'm so guilty of adding too many games to my backlog lol

Once I found this website, I got really into trophy collecting and fell out of favor with achievement collecting. There simply isn't a site like this for achievements. Want to know how many trophies you have unlocked on a Tuesday? It's there. Want to know how many trophies you unlocked in the 2 o'clock hour? It's there.

So basically, I like seeing the numbers go up.

YES I love love LOVE the statistics that are shown on this site!

Ok guys so bonus question to add to the discussion: How did you all find out about this site?

For me I think I was looking up a trophy guide for a game and then somehow this popped up and caught my eye and intrigued me so I just stuck with it :P I love it it's really fun to see everyones lists and how we're all working hard on our profiles.

• Like 1

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS I hope to platinum all the HDN games <3 (except MK2 and Rebirth 2 because I REFUSE to get the conquest ending) but the only downside to them is they're so time consuming, and as much as I love this series to death I just don't have that kinda time in my life to dedicate the hours that I'd love to to the series :(

The one hyperdimension game that I personally found super slow and boring gameplay is Hyperdevotion Noire. The Lily rank trophies are the biggest pain to get in that game due to how slow they raise.