Mass Effect Andromeda coming out Q1 2017

As much as I want to play this I'm glad its getting a q1 2017 release.

Am I the only one who seems to enjoy games more when they release in the quiet months after Christmas where your waiting for each one to arriver and buying as they release rather than buying loads in November and trying to go through every game to get onto the next :D

• Like 1

Here's hoping it's not a let down. BioWare is the only part of EA I'm willing to buy from, but only cautiously.

Eeeexactly, I mean, look at this majestic pic:

mass_effect_4-3319180.jpg

It's hype giving! imo.

• Like 4

Eeeexactly, I mean, look at this majestic pic:

<pic snip>

It's hype giving! imo.

I have no doubt that they can make incredible environments and even if the game itself is bad I'm sure at least I could say the places to visit are nice. But at least with BioWare there's a chance the story will be decent at least.

• Like 1

I hope that they make the mc feel more tactical. I didn't get that vibe playing the last two. It felt more about who my partners were.

I imagine they'll talk a bit more about this at E3.

EA Play Event

They don't have a booth at E3. The best they could do was appear in either Sony's or Mircosoft's conference.

As much as I want to play this I'm glad its getting a q1 2017 release.

Am I the only one who seems to enjoy games more when they release in the quiet months after Christmas where your waiting for each one to arriver and buying as they release rather than buying loads in November and trying to go through every game to get onto the next :D

Nope. I'm right with you.

I'm stoked for this game. But let's not have the MP this time.

Sorry, forgot.

Nah, that's okay. Let's be honest, this is the first time we've seen this many dropouts from E3. Activision, EA and Disney aren't making appearances, but by the same token people like Square Enix and Bethesda are now holding conferences. Industry is changing.

• 4 weeks later...

Top game i'm looking forward. Shame that you can't use a different race for your main character. It will be human as default from what i've heard.

I know it's just human for Andromeda but I would love it if they eventually do a ME game with a DA: Origins set up. You choose your race and start out as a member of your specie's special forces for the origin mission (Human = N7, Turian = Blackwatch, Salarian = STG etc.) then that mission gets you noticed and you join the Spectres and go into the main game.

Still hyped for Andromeda though, will finally be preordering a PS4 game.

• Like 1

I know it's just human for Andromeda but I would love it if they eventually do a ME game with a DA: Origins set up. You choose your race and start out as a member of your specie's special forces for the origin mission (Human = N7, Turian = Blackwatch, Salarian = STG etc.) then that mission gets you noticed and you join the Spectres and go into the main game.

Still hyped for Andromeda though, will finally be preordering a PS4 game.

That would be great indeed. Or even a spin off game with Garrus and Wrex as playable characters.

It always strikes me as odd when a game with a heavy emphasis on character creation introduces a world full of varied, interesting races... and you're locked just to humans for gameplay. Granted, in the original ME trilogy's case, it made sense because a lot of the story revolves specifically around humans, but I don't see that same thing applying to Andromeda. At least ME3's multiplayer let you make your own aliens (albeit with limited options), which was cool in its own right, and I'd expect that to return for Andromeda's multiplayer.

Also, a mini spin-off starring Garrus and/or Wrex would be cool. But methinks it would be a terrible opportunity to let the most important Mass Effect character go neglected if we could get a non-mobile spin-off of any ME character.

We need to experience Blasto's adventures through his own... uh... however he sees.

Oh, also, them jet packs look fun. If it opens up a lot more 3D movement, like jumping in a platformer, that should have interesting implications for exploration and combat.

Exactly my words. They have a whole galaxy with tons of interesting races and places and yet, once again you're generic human soldier man.

I dunno. I really miss pre-EA BioWare...

• 3 months later...

Only reason I'm not hyped for Andromeda yet is because I have too much stuff to be hyped about already. Andromeda is still too far away for me to be anxious about, especially after ME3 wich I thought was a bit disappointing (for other reasons than the ending). I'll get hyped come 2017, once all those awesome games from 2016 I want have been dealt with.

In a recent trailer though, I saw what looked like an update to the normandy model. Would not mind a statuette of that... I think they still owe us a good Normandy model.

http://segmentnext.com/2016/06/15/bioware-introduces-mass-effect-andromedas-tempest/

That would be great indeed. Or even a spin off game with Garrus and Wrex as playable characters.

I'd rather not have established characters suddenly be playable. I would definitely not mind getting to play a Turian though.