Trophy Thoughts?

DemonK1ller10

Im really hoping there will be added trophies when the full game releases. There are like no achievements for a big game like this..

Or is this the list for the full game? If it is it's really bad...

Edited by BestGregger

I was disappointed by the lack of platinum at first, but actually now I think that's predictable, specially when we look at the trophy list..

I think that there was to little content to award a platinum and opposite to Tell Tales games or Life is Strange where they define a set number of episodes they have no clue how many episodes will be.. So they can't release a full trophy list from the start, and release the episodes later like the other 2 examples.. 

Anyway, I wasn't going to buy it for now regardless of trophies.. will wait for a full release on disc when it's finished..

And actually I'm mainly interested in how this goes because I think all this Hitman going episodic is a test to see how FF7 Remake release will be handled..

• Like 1

The reason it doesnt have a plat is because half the game is still in Alpha. Moaning about it being episodic is fair play, but moaning that it doesnt have a platinum is short sighted and makes me ashamed to be a trophy hunter. IO Interactive have spent years of their lives on this game (more to come), and the deciding factor isnt "The assassinations look amazing and well planned" or "the gameplay is a tighter, modern Blood Money". Its a fucking icon you'll glance at once, snort air through your nose at, before moving on to the next one. Having a platinum for what is essentially a tutorial (the first proper sandbox level is dlc trophies) would be much worse than not having one altogether. I knew thered be bitching but jesus christ, im glad i have this game on Friday to de-trigger me, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that Im not a slave to a side hobby.

• Like 3

The reason it doesnt have a plat is because half the game is still in Alpha. Moaning about it being episodic is fair play, but moaning that it doesnt have a platinum is short sighted and makes me ashamed to be a trophy hunter. IO Interactive have spent years of their lives on this game (more to come), and the deciding factor isnt "The assassinations look amazing and well planned" or "the gameplay is a tighter, modern Blood Money". Its a fucking icon you'll glance at once, snort air through your nose at, before moving on to the next one. Having a platinum for what is essentially a tutorial (the first proper sandbox level is dlc trophies) would be much worse than not having one altogether. I knew thered be bitching but jesus christ, im glad i have this game on Friday to de-trigger me, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that Im not a slave to a side hobby.

Well said. I'm looking forward to Friday, this game looks fantastic. 

Im really hoping there will be added trophies when the full game releases. There are like no achievements for a big game like this..

Or is this the list for the full game? If it is it's really bad...

There will be more trophies added down the line, the Paris DLC is just the first one that is going to be out at launch. I believe they're going to be adding more on a monthly basis.

• Like 1

There will be more trophies added down the line, the Paris DLC is just the first one that is going to be out at launch. I believe they're going to be adding more on a monthly basis.

Yup, right now the release schedule is:

March: Prologue/Paris

April: Italian Coastal Town of Sapienza 

May: Protests in Morocco

June: Thailand

July: USA

August: Japan

The last 3 may release later than that, but to my understanding the first three sandboxes are pretty much done. There's also rumours of a 'seventh episode' release after square enix said seven installments. I hope HITMAN sells well, as the devs have said they want it to be a 'platform' for the series. Sure, the first year will be waiting for a full game, but imagine a season 2 adding 6 more locations next year.

I don't personally care about whether a game has a platinum or not (I like the approach of this trophy list, even, and I feel it's how all episodic games should be handled), but I think the bolded point is a little subjective. I often look through my trophy list to relive the memories of the games I've played - I don't just earn the trophy and be done with it - and I'm sure there are other people like this too. By not having a platinum, they won't see it when they look at the platinums via the trophy log.

(Again, I really couldn't care less, but look at it from the other side of the argument.)

I don't really care about this game, but I do find it bizarre that there isn't a platinum. Maybe they just can't think of trophies for future episodes because they're that unfinished. TWD Season 2 didn't have much of an excuse, but maybe this does, despite it being a full-priced game. Regardless of the trophies, I think this is an awful way to release a game. As far as I can tell it doesn't make sense for this game to be split up like your typical episodic game. I hope it doesn't become a trend, but I guess I'm getting off topic.

So is it a 100% certainty a Platinum won't be added by the end of the season (episode 7)?

I don't know a lot about episodic games. Even if this has never happened before, an episodic with no initial Platinum and then later added at the end, couldn't Hitman still be the first?

• Like 1

Um, I'm sorry but that's a pretty stupid comment, considering Square Enix was also publisher of Life is Strange and THAT had a platinum.

Hitman shouldn't be episodic in the first place. Life Is Strange was DESIGNED as a episodic game. They changed Hitman at the last minute and fucked everything up. I actually don't really care about the platnium either. I was really REALLY excited about this game until they turned it episodic for no reason. Now I might not even ever get the game because of their shitty business model. Which is quite the shame considering the Hitman franchise is one of my most cherished in gaming. Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 4

So is it a 100% certainty a Platinum won't be added by the end of the season (episode 7)?

I don't know a lot about episodic games. Even if this has never happened before, an episodic with no initial Platinum and then later added at the end, couldn't Hitman still be the first?

I like this line of thinking, but I don't think sony's trophy database (or whatever holds the trophy data) was designed to let developers add a platinum trophy after the fact.   

Edited by soultaker655

Hitman shouldn't be episodic in the first place. Life Is Strange was DESIGNED as a episodic game. They changed Hitman at the last minute and fucked everything up. I actually don't really care about the platnium either. I was really REALLY excited about this game until they turned it episodic for no reason. Now I might not even ever get the game because of their shitty business model. Which is quite the shame considering the Hitman franchise is one of my most cherished in gaming.

But it was designed as an episodic game, hence the... episodes. Youre acting like it was a last minute change but we've known this for a while now.

• Like 1

But it was designed as an episodic game, hence the... episodes. Youre acting like it was a last minute change but we've known this for a while now.

You mean how they changed it to an episodic game? They changed it to an episodic format in the middle of January. It clearly wasn't designed to be episodic and they changed it so they could make more money.
  • Like 2

I like this line of thinking, but I don't think sony's trophy database (or whatever holds the trophy data) was designed to let developers add a platinum trophy after the fact.   

i think this will have a platinum when it gets released as a complete game, since back to the future didn't had a plat at first and then it got one when it was released on physical.

You mean how they changed it to an episodic game? They changed it to an episodic format in the middle of January. It clearly wasn't designed to be episodic and they changed it so they could make more money.

yeah it shouldn't have been episodic in the first place, they just copied the despicable formula from telltale games, revelations 2, life is strange, etc to make more money instead of releasing it as a full game like all the previous ones and like it should be done in the first place, or well at least personally i think that's how games are supposed to be released.

games like revelations 1 and until dawn had an episodic scheme but they were released as a full game, not splitted into different parts.

Edited by smellslikejavier

i think this will have a platinum when it gets released as a complete game, since back to the future didn't had a plat at first and then it got one when it was released on physical.

Technically that would be a entirely new trophy list. If you have this version of the game, you would have buy the whole game again and redo every trophy in the game just for the platinum.

Technically that would be a entirely new trophy list. If you have this version of the game, you would have buy the whole game again and redo every trophy in the game just for the platinum.

yeah but i wasn't talking about this trophy list in particular, i was talking that maybe the game itself might get a platinum when a complete version gets released or something.

According to this https://hitman.com/news/announcing-hitman it was planned to be episodic since June. January was when it was changed from "4 chunks" to "6 chunks".

I have hard time believing this "make more money" reason, people are scared of the idea of Hitman + episodic, of course that won't make them more money.

This topic needs it's own thread by now huh.