Trophy Thoughts?

DemonK1ller10

I hate episodic anything. I always wait for it to get fully released and as physical which im excited to see a retail "TFTB" popping up. This is the same with most TV series, i wait for Game of Thrones to be available on DVD so i can watch whenever i want and as much i want.

The lack of a Platinum is surprising when you consider the amount of content the game will have when the whole thing has been released. Maybe this is the pay-off for Hitman GO having a 3 hour Platinum :)

I was planning on waiting for the disc version regardless because I'm not a fan of this episodic structuring of the game. If the physical version gets a Platinum like Assassin's Creed: Chronicles did, it becomes a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

I am surprised how judgmental some of you are about the griping about lack of a platinum! I mean, really, Hitman is a Triple A series by a Triple A publisher coming out at triple A prices. How much does it cost Square Enix to include a platinum? Stop belly aching about gamers who rightfully say that it sucks that a platinum wasn't included, ESPECIALLY since Life is Strange and Hitman:GO have one!

And yeah, I'm not getting it until they fix this issue. And I do think it's an issue. An issue of temporary stupidity.

Edited by Bullstomp

Why is everyone bothered about no plat. I am not against going for a platinum but if a games good then why complain. Trophies aren't everything. Don't get me a wrong I am a trophy hunter myself albeit a new one but nonetheless as long as it has trophies and is a good game who cares?

While I am upset that this is episodic, people are seriously overreacting. I'd rather wait for the full game to come out before playing but it's really the developer's choice to choose how they want the players to experience the game. Also, I think that a platinum will be added with the disc version but it shouldn't matter too much if that doesn't happen. You'd still be getting the same amount of trophy points.

All the comments from people 'surprised' there's no platinum most likely don't understand game development.  Don't get me wrong, that's not a cheap shot, just an observation.  Per Sony's TRCs, you cannot require an end-user to make an additional purchase to earn a platinum trophy.  That's why you can't add DLC trophies to the base game list.  For games like Telltale's (Walking Dead Season 1, Wolf Among Us, etc) and Life is Strange, not only would they need to submit the entire game as Large Scope, but a waiver would also have to be submitted to Sony to allow this.  An entire trophy list would have to be made, approved, and published in advance and submitted with the base game (Episode 1 or whatever they want to call it) and more than likely would require a Season Pass option on the store.

Squeenix would have had to plan in advance to have all trophy packs listed from the start and they would need Sony's approval to add a platinum to a game that was to be released episodically.  My guess is they either didn't bother, as getting a waiver isn't always that easy, or they didn't plan ahead/didn't care.

As far as a future collection goes, they could easily follow the route of Ubisoft with Ass Creed Chronicles or even Telltale's BTTF where the digital products had their own trophy lists, but then the full disc version had a platinum added (with a separate trophy list).  As this is probably what we can expect (and I don't yet have a PS4, lol), I will wait for a full disc release to see what they put out.  Other than Hitman GO I have every Hitman plat and would love to get this one as well.

Edited by Matto_lsi

I completely understand people saying that no platinum shouldn't matter and that's true but how difficult is it to organise one?  There are gamers that simply don't buy games that don't have a platinum trophy, I know it, others know it and developers should know it.  Including that 'little pointless icon' can increase your sales, whether its 10, 1,000 or 10,000 players that don't purchase the game because of it, at the end of the day its lost income.  It really should be an automatic inclusion in any game, AAA, indie or anything in between, if it helps your sales by even the smallest margin, why not? 

It'll definitely have a plat when the full game gets released as a disc/digital download, similar to what Ubi did with the AC Chronicles games, so not sure why people are bitching about no plat for the first episode.

Edited by GIONAScm2

I don't care about whether a game gets a platinum or not, but I wish the lists we have so far (Prologue + Paris) had been a bit more creative or required more of the unique kill methods. Hopefully the later locations offer some fun trophies.

I completely understand people saying that no platinum shouldn't matter and that's true but how difficult is it to organise one?  There are gamers that simply don't buy games that don't have a platinum trophy, I know it, others know it and developers should know it.  Including that 'little pointless icon' can increase your sales, whether its 10, 1,000 or 10,000 players that don't purchase the game because of it, at the end of the day its lost income.  It really should be an automatic inclusion in any game, AAA, indie or anything in between, if it helps your sales by even the smallest margin, why not?

Trophies are unfortunately not up to the devs alone, Sony has to approve them and they decide if the game is allowed a platinum or not.

It'll definitely have a plat when the full game gets released as a disc/digital download, similar to what Ubi did with the AC Chronicles games, so not sure why people are bitching about no plat for the first episode.

It's not a definite guarantee though. Games like The Walking Dead Season Two did not get separate platinums in their disc releases.

• Like 1

zadorvp, on 14 Mar 2016 - 2:01 PM, said:

I don't care about whether a game gets a platinum or not, but I wish the lists we have so far (Prologue + Paris) had been a bit more creative or required more of the unique kill methods. Hopefully the later locations offer some fun trophies.

I expect the dlc sets for the rest of the maps will be extremely similar or almost the exact same as the Paris one.

---

It's not a definite guarantee though. Games like The Walking Dead Season Two did not get separate platinums in their disc releases.

To be fair, TWD offers very little player agency aside from choosing dialogue options, so there's not much creative room to implement a platinum. I've got no idea why they excluded a plat from TWD S2 but put one in Tales from the Borderlands, but their games have no business containing platinums.

Like you said, Hitman has a lot of creative room for trophies and the game revolves around player agency (no pun intended), so I 100% expect the final product to have a platinum.

Edited by GIONAScm2