Digital Homicide is suing Jim Sterling for 10 million dollars.

Wavergray

This is their full list of developed games as well as the known psuedonyms or alternate names they went under. If you can release a game AND ITS SEQUEL ON THE SAME DAY, you either made a big game and split it up into 2 games for more $$$, you're publishing some serious shovelware shit. 

25allY3.png

Also too if anyone missed this (Kishnabe already mentioned it), but they've been forced to close after they had dropped the lawsuit. Romine stated the studio was "destroyed" due to the lawsuit. Though that would just presumably be Digital Homocide Studios that got banned from Steam, not the other countless names they went by.

That's just the games they actually got up on steam I think! It is NOWHERE near the amount of games they've released or made. :P I think you can find that stuff on ichio or something.

Edited by MMDE

Digital Homocide was a shit developer who stole assets from other games and tried to play them off as their own. They put no effort into the games they made. I'm glad they shut down, as that gives room for better developers to move in.

That's not correct. They didn't steal assets from other games. They got assets from the Unity store, or so they say, might be they got it illegal (probably), but they didn't steal from other games. It's just that when you got a lot of random assets put into a game, and very little effort is put into it and little to no edits or original material or creative coherence, yeah, it looks like shit. That's the problem. Little effort put into the games and you could tell. And then they got super mad and played some kind of victim when people criticized their games. Jim in particular, he just did his usual first impression video of the game. They got super mad that Jim wasn't making some serious review and didn't tell them about bugs instead of putting them in his video for everyone to see. Or that he didn't react to bugs that happened while he played, because it made their game look even worse.

Edited by MMDE

That's not correct. They didn't steal assets from other games. They got assets from the Unity store, or so they say, might be they got it illegal (probably), but they didn't steal from other games. It's just that when you got a lot of random assets put into a game, and very little effort is put into it and little to no edits or original material or creative coherence, yeah, it looks like shit. That's the problem. Little effort put into the games and you could tell.

aka Shovelware

aka Shovelware

Not even Shovelware. Most Shovelware devs put a mild amount of effort into making a game, making their own assets and stuff. All DH did was jam pre-made Unity assets together and attempt to pass it all off as legitimate work, then act likely they were being personally attacked for their "work" when people like Jim called them on it. 

That's just the games they actually got up on steam I think! It is NOWHERE near the amount of games they've released or made. :P I think you can find that stuff on ichio or something.

Each game has 6-7 clones of themselves. They abused Greenlight every day. If one fails to get green lit due to Digital Poop Army efforts. Back again as a new project the next day.

Think they probably had 8+games greenlit before Steam gave them the boot. Now all DH is doing, is giving out free copies of their games. They still get kickbacks from the Steam Card sales.

Digital Homicide were a good company that was killed by the jealousy of a person whose last name is a currency. I do hope they rise up again.

You have to be joking. Nothing about their games, or their behaviour, has been anything even remotely close to good.

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 2

Digital Homicide were a good company that was killed by the jealousy of a person whose last name is a currency. I do hope they rise up again.

Can you please point me to some of the good things they gave developed because the only "games" I've ever seen from them have been hot garbage. 

Parker

You have to be joking. Nothing about their games, or their behaviour, has been anything even remotely close to good.

I never joke about stuff like this, their games were quality and vastly exceed my already lol low expectations.

Can you please point me to some of the good things they gave developed because the only "games" I've ever seen from them have been hot garbage. 

Parker

I wish I could show you some of their awesome and fabulous games like the Slaughtering Grounds and Operation: Global Shield but alas, their homepage on Steam doesn't exist anymore. What a sad time for gaming.

Z6n-Ie.gif

Edited by FlareXV

Digital Homicide was a good company that was killed by the jealousy of a person whose last name is a currency. I do hope they rise up again.

EDIT: Spelling typo.

Let's say your whole post was a typo, duh. What "good company" would make TWENTY ONE GAMES in TWO YEARS?

Edited by Lance_87

I can't give a damn about Internet "celebrities" and even lesser game developers.

If at least 50% of the people that do could be swayed by your opinion, I believe the world would be a better place.

But if that were to happen, said internet "celeb" would become irrelevant, and have to go back to their shitty Walmart job.

If at least 50% of the people that do could be swayed by your opinion, I believe the world would be a better place.

But if that were to happen, said internet "celeb" would become irrelevant, and have to go back to their shitty Walmart job.

What a glorious time that would be...

Why so much hate for someone doing what they love and making a living off of it?

• Like 3

In what sense? Would we have cured cancer? Mastered interstellar travel?

Wouldn't that actually make the world a worse place? Earning more money means more tax dollars and less government assistance, which is largely beneficial.

In what sense? Would we have cured cancer? Mastered interstellar travel?

Wouldn't that actually make the world a worse place? Earning more money means more tax dollars and less government assistance, which is largely beneficial.

So I guess what's holding us back from curing cancer and mastering interstellar travel are the people that care too much about internet celebrities (or actual celebrities). No, that doesn't sound like an over exaggeration at all, I completely agree.

Jim Sterling, preventing the cure for cancer. Ironic considering his subject matter as a whole.

So I guess what's holding us back from curing cancer and mastering interstellar travel are the people that care too much about internet celebrities (or actual celebrities). No, that doesn't sound like an over exaggeration at all, I completely agree.

Jim Sterling, preventing the cure for cancer. Ironic considering his subject matter as a whole.

Are you actually going to explain your strange vendetta against YouTube celebrities or will you just keep running in circles around the question?