Banned in Brazil

straysheep87

Unfortunately this game was banned in Brazil in 2008, back on PS2 days, so we won't get this PS4 remastered version on our local store. The funny thing is Manhunt is avaliable, so I assume the brazilian raters found that a game with gruesome executions, explicit gore and extreme violence, is not so "graphic" like a game with a fat high school boy scoring some jailbaits, breaking the rules and kicking some geekie's ass.

• Like 2

They think that because it's in a school setting it'll leave more of an impression on youth to do bad things at school. What they don't know is that plenty of the same kids that won't get to play Bully will simply play Manhunt, or GTA lol

Anyways, just do what people in other territories do and make a UK account

Edited by SoulxVanguard
  • Like 1

Unfortunately this game was banned in Brazil in 2008, back on PS2 days, so we won't get this PS4 remastered version on our local store. The funny thing is Manhunt is avaliable, so I assume the brazilian raters found that a game with gruesome executions, explicit gore and extreme violence, is not so "graphic" like a game with a fat high school boy scoring some jailbaits, breaking the rules and kicking some geekie's ass.

To point something out this isn't the remastered version, it's a full 1080p up-rendering and enhanced features such as trophies, share play, remote play. The graphics are still horrible. 

To point something out this isn't the remastered version, it's a full 1080p up-rendering and enhanced features such as trophies, share play, remote play. The graphics are still horrible. 

i don't think he was mentioning the remastered "scholarship edition", people just tends to get confused between ports, remasters, remakes, etc so some people still refers to this PS2 emulation thing as "remasters"

• Like 1

I assume the brazilian raters found that a game with gruesome executions, explicit gore and extreme violence, is not so "graphic" like a game with a fat high school boy scoring some jailbaits, breaking the rules and kicking some geekie's ass.

One visit to LiveLeak should tell you that much man.

It really annoys me that this game got banned in places and even forced a name change in EU although I think Canis Canem Edit is a clever alternative. 

They don't even play the game and they would see that the game is not a bullying simulator at all. You stand up to the bullies

It really annoys me that this game got banned in places and even forced a name change in EU although I think Canis Canem Edit is a clever alternative. 

They don't even play the game and they would see that the game is not a bullying simulator at all. You stand up to the bullies

I noticed that, it's the same in Australia, Canis Canem instead of Bully. Plus we don't get Manhunt because we aren't old enough!  :facepalm:

Could have been banned because you can also kiss boys in the game and a lot of countries are backwards as fuck on that kind of thing. Not saying it is that, but that's about the only "controversial" thing I can think of in the game that's not in Grand Theft.

Oh really? It's just that this is an English forum, not a Portugese one.

i don't see any rule saying that you can't talk on any other language that isn't English on here, and since they are all Portuguese-speaking people talking to each other and not bothering any other English-speaking people that doesn't understand that language then i think that's fine.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 3

SuperFly Spider Guy is here. Where is Yuri G?

On topic, I understand some games can be banned due to their nature. Gta was explicit Content. Bully is based on a school environment and as such they deem it inappropriate, alot of places have bullying as a huge concern. Kids nowadays :facepalm:  :D  :D  :D

SuperFly Spider Guy is here. Where is Yuri G?

On topic, I understand some games can be banned due to their nature. Gta was explicit Content. Bully is based on a school environment and as such they deem it inappropriate, alot of places have bullying as a huge concern. Kids nowadays :facepalm:  :D  :D  :D

i think he requested to be banned from the site or something, a shame when users decides to leave a site in which they shared many experiences.

is kind of ironic that they banned bully because they said it promoted bullying when that's the opposite of what the game is about (at least in its main storyline missions): to stand up to bullies.

• Like 1

i don't see any rule saying that you can't talk on any other language that isn't English on here, and since they are all Portuguese-speaking people talking to each other and not bothering any other English-speaking people that doesn't understand that language then i think that's fine.

While it may not be an actual written "rule", this is an English only forum

Even though the title has "Brazil" in it, that doesn't mean that everyone can start typing in Portuguese, so I would ask that any further discussions be conducted in English only please.

• Like 2

While it may not be an actual written "rule", this is an English only forum

Even though the title has "Brazil" in it, that doesn't mean that everyone can start typing in Portuguese, so I would ask that any further discussions be conducted in English only please.

so r u telling that i cannot speak in portuguese in a english forum with brazilian mates because some people feels incomodate?  :blink:

• Like 4