Sony isn't sure there will be a PS5.

JapanimeGamer

Or from 1 to 2 to 3 to 95 to 98 to 2000 to XP to Vista to 7 to 8 and then to fucking 10.

Edit: Actually, you go from 8 to 8.1, then to 10.

The latest Windows is called "10" because they didn't want to make confusion with Windows 9x, AFAIK.

Edited by Lance_87

Kudos to you for knowing what the "if" was in regards to.

e.g. There's no need for a physical PS5 Console, if everything is streamed to an existing capable device (in the future, not next year...).

OP, if you going to post crap like this at least bring the context with it, before it becomes a bait/shame thread.

Too many ppl don't read the terrible article, or just post bs because they can.

I don't even know if your having ago at me or agreeing with me. 

Getting back to (the possibility of) the opening post, I could care less, but not much. If Sony doesn't make a console, someone else will. Besides, Japanese companies always say stupid stuff like this - I think they need fanboy gyrations to get it up or something. I'm still shocked that American business actually thought there was something to learn from these morons at one point.

In the remote chance that this does occur, I'll miss trophies.

Second, it's the usual PR talk; do you seriously expect him to confirm a PS5? Way too soon for that. It would drive people away from buying the PS4K/Neo if PS5 was confirmed.

While this might be true, why not approach more directly? Just say, "We are committed to the PS4 and its new iteration, the Neo, as well as <insert whatever the name of the VR system is>. There are absolutely no plans in the near future to create a PS5."

Seems simple enough to me...

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

it was supposed to be fully Cloud-based with no HDD and other crap like that!

Actually, I read somewhere post-release that Sony was planning that. The developers they collaborated with on the PS4 design told them "no, we need an HDD to deliver the kind of games we're building" and so Sony put one back in. The article I read said that Sony was trying to ditch the HDD to make a cheaper, more mass-marketable console. 

I haven't even convinced myself to buy a PS4 yet, much less thought about a PS5.

I guess the urgency to have myself the newest tech has diminished as I've gotten older. That and I'm still enjoying my PS3 too much to move on.

• Like 1

They probably meant that PS5 won't come out anytime soon. Since if PS5 is announced to be made, it will make people start saving their money for the PS5 and skip out on the current PS4.

Hell that is what my friends did by the time they got bored with their Xbox 360 and wanted to buy PS3 but they estimated that PS4 would be announced, so they saved their money and a year and half later they were right.

I honestly wouldn't care too much in the short run. Yeah I'd be pretty sad in 2025 or so but in my personal opinion, I want them to drag the PS4 out for a LONG time. This system is the best system in a very long time that I've ever played, and I'd like to see this PS4 live out about 2 more InFamous games and maybe 2 more Walking Dead seasons. At a minimum. I don't want us to think too far into the future yet. If they do come out with a PS5, I'd prefer it to be announced around 2021-2023. 

Sony needs to hook Japan back on consoles, it's not really that early if you consider that.

Of course it is. PlayStation 3 had 10+ years support, I'd say it's pretty early to bring up/want a new system (excluding, VR) at the moment.

• Like 1

Developers arnt happy about the Neo cause they already said its gonna be a hassel to develop for that AND the PS4. I just got my PS4 this christmas and i dont give a s**t what is coming out. If i wanted to spend $500+ every five years to play games, id go to PC

I Don't blame them. I can't see myself buying the new version either, no doubt it'll cost another 350. I don't think we needed it, that's my honest opinion anyway.

I Don't blame them. I can't see myself buying the new version either, no doubt it'll cost another 350. I don't think we needed it, that's my honest opinion anyway.

Yer. That whole developers are not happy thing came from Colin Moriarty. To quote "A trusted source tells me most developers are not happy with PS4.5, and having to develop around it. Extra cost, planning, other nonsense."

Not to say you can't have a opinion on it of course, but people using that as fact from a complete internet idiot like him as what all devs think is kinda funny(lol). makes me laugh. Unless ofc I've missed multiply devs saying otherwise.

Infact on these very boards in another thread, a actual dev has explained just how not difficult it is. I'll search for it if needed I can't recall the thread but it was the other day.

Because guess what. Devs make PC games and the theory is pretty much the same. 

No one is been forced to buy it. It runs the same games, same PSN, same store, its a option for those that fancy it. And in theory will allow the PS4 to sell cheaper and introduce more gamers to the system. I really don't see the issue. Time will tell how it pans out. But no one is been forced to upgrade, that's one of the most stupid idea's I've read on the net in a long time. the PS4 won't magically break on you when this thing comes out and small power boost won't make anything less enjoyable on the PS4.

On topic ;) And I still think there will be a actual PS5. Why would they announce it now?

Edited by VitalFury

I think people were spoilt with the PS3. That was an exception rather than the norm. Console generations don't normally last that long.

When the PS4 should have released the world was in financial meltdown so the PS3 got dragged out longer. I woudnt base my expectations on PS4 lasting that long.

Yer. That whole developers are not happy thing came from Colin Moriarty. To quote "A trusted source tells me most developers are not happy with PS4.5, and having to develop around it. Extra cost, planning, other nonsense."

Not to say you can't have a opinion on it of course, but people using that as fact from a complete internet idiot like him as what all devs think is kinda funny(lol). makes me laugh. Unless ofc I've missed multiply devs saying otherwise.

Infact on these very boards in another thread, a actual dev has explained just how not difficult it is. I'll search for it if needed I can't recall the thread but it was the other day.

Because guess what. Devs make PC games and the theory is pretty much the same. 

No one is been forced to buy it. It runs the same games, same PSN, same store, its a option for those that fancy it. And in theory will allow the PS4 to sell cheaper and introduce more gamers to the system. I really don't see the issue. Time will tell how it pans out. But no one is been forced to upgrade, that's one of the most stupid idea's I've read on the net in a long time. the PS4 won't magically break on you when this thing comes out and small power boost won't make anything less enjoyable on the PS4.

On topic ;) And I still think there will be a actual PS5. Why would they announce it now?

I'm sticking to 4 until at least another 6 years, if 5 get's released by then, I'll get it, sooner, nope. As for 4.5, screw it. I'm not into binocular gaming. xD

I think people were spoilt with the PS3. That was an exception rather than the norm. Console generations don't normally last that long.

When the PS4 should have released the world was in financial meltdown so the PS3 got dragged out longer. I woudnt base my expectations on PS4 lasting that long.

Except the PS1 sold from 1995 until 2005 (10 years)

The PS2 sold from 2000 until 2013 (13 years)

and the PS3 has been selling since 2006 (10+ years)

I don't think anyone was spoiled with the PS3. Sony has, from the beginning, set a pretty long lifespan for their consoles. And the PS4 never had a planned release year. Going from history, there was a 5 year span, then a 6 year span, it only makes sense that a more complicated machine and complete architecture change, while being compatible with existing services would take 7 years to launch. 

Anyone who looks at the facts of the history of Playstation can and should expect a lifespan that exceeds the prior generation. Since the PS3 still hasn't been selling longer than the PS2 and is generation a significant portion of Playstations revenue, I expect to *at least* beat PS2 and likely be phased out around 15 years, around 2021. Right before PS5 is released the same year.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone was spoiled with the PS3. Sony has, from the beginning, set a pretty long lifespan for their consoles. And the PS4 never had a planned release year. Going from history, there was a 5 year span, then a 6 year span, it only makes sense that a more complicated machine and complete architecture change, while being compatible with existing services would take 7 years to launch. 

Anyone who looks at the facts of the history of Playstation can and should expect a lifespan that exceeds the prior generation. Since the PS3 still hasn't been selling longer than the PS2 and is generation a significant portion of Playstations revenue, I expect to *at least* beat PS2 and likely be phased out around 15 years, around 2021. Right before PS5 is released the same year.

this, this right here. best comment on this thread

A 5 year span then a 6 so the next must be a 7 span? Really thats your logic? As I see it were around 2.5 years in to the lifespan of the PS4 and the ps5 could drop at the 5 year point so around 2019. 

None of us know how long it will take for the PS5 to come out but in my opinion it wont be as long as the gap between 3 and 4 was. You can say I was right in 2019 :)

There will be a ps5 obviously, but not now. Ps4 neo to come out fırst

Neo fail more like. Games will be up converted to 4-K resolution. The actual games will be in 1080/2K@60. No way can developers pull off 4-K with such outdated components. Even Neo (4.5) won't handle real 4-K unless significant detail in the graphics department is reduced, making the whole experience a horrible one. I've got to hand it to Microsoft, for not shoving a new system down their customers throats so early.

Edited by rektcar

Neo fail more like. Games will be up converted to 4-K resolution. The actual games will be in 1080/2K@60. No way can developers pull off 4-K with such outdated components. Even Neo (4.5) won't handle real 4-K unless significant detail in the graphics department is reduced, making the whole experience a horrible one. I've got to hand it to Microsoft, for not shoving a new system down their customers throats so early.

Why will it be a worse experience than what we have already? Genuine question I'm not a technical expert at all?