PS+ May Games

Kishnabe

I don't think some skins can erase the fact that it's just a PSP game.

JUST a PSP game?! Just a PSP game?! What? Besides my Vita, I don't think any of my consoles ever got the play time my PSP did and still does. 

My opinion of you just dropped a few dozen points, Satoshi. :(

Id prefer it if Plus cut its price in half and ended the IGC. The discounts are good, the ICG collection not so much. And no, I don't expect them to give us UC4 or something like that. Just expect after 2 and a half years we would get something like Killzone like Japan got.

If Japan got Killzone, it might come here eventually too. It wasn't all that well received in the west. PS+ games usually got a pretty decent metascore rating. They aren't giving away trash, unlike what you'd think by a lot of people's reactions. :S Personally, I very much prefer PSN games, not these big budget games, because they're digital games I won't get a physical copy of anyway. If I still want to play them and I feel they cost too much, then PS+ is perfect for this IMO. I'm super happy whenever I see they give a lot of PSN games, and not put all the money into a couple of "bigger titles".

If you want me to mention some really good stuff we've got, then I can do that, but here's a couple of lists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

I do agree with what you said, I just thought the way you said it was a bit condescending. Also, you have to factor in different opinions as well, some make sense while some don't.

Condescending? Can be a bit harsh! I just found the post and the support of it mind boggling. Maybe they have different opinions on what makes for a good deal, but from my stand point, you getting a lot of small bonuses along with saving a lot of money, doesn't sound like something to complain about. :\ It's not like they didn't respond with a condescending post, eh? Pretending not to understand what I said, and even doubling down on it. :\

Edited by MMDE

If Japan got Killzone, it might come here eventually too. It wasn't all that well received in the west. PS+ games usually got a pretty decent metascore rating. They aren't giving away trash, unlike what you'd think by a lot of people's reactions. :S Personally, I very much prefer PSN games, not these big budget games, because they're digital games I won't get a physical copy of anyway. If I still want to play them and I feel they cost too much, then PS+ is perfect for this IMO. I'm super happy whenever I see they give a lot of PSN games, and not put all the money into a couple of "bigger titles".

If you want me to mention some really good stuff we've got, then I can do that, but here's a couple of lists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

Some of it is trash. Sony doesn't even have to try now since Plus is required if you want to play online. Which is why I think they should offer different plans. But they wont because they would lose money cause a lot of people would jump ship.

Some of it is trash. Sony doesn't even have to try now since Plus is required if you want to play online. Which is why I think they should offer different plans. But they wont because they would lose money cause a lot of people would jump ship.

PS4 games that I think are good that I've got through PS+ (this ignores the fact that you get PS3 and Vita games too):

Resogun

Don't Starve

Outlast

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (already got the PS3 version free)

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Trine 2: Complete Story (not a big fan, and already got the original PS3)

Doki-Doki Universe (my wife enjoyed this one)

Strider

Fez

Velocity 2X

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Spelunky

Escape Plan

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition (no fan of fighting games like this)

InFamous: First Light

Apotheon

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!

OlliOlli2

Valian Hearts: The great War

Ether One

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (already got PS3 version, but this was a bit different)

The Unfinished Swan

MGSV

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Limbo (already got it for PS3)

Rocket League

Sound Shapes

Flower (not my idea of good, but highly praised)

Grow Home

Teslagrad

Broken Age

Super Meat Boy

Unmechanical Extended

TWD:S2

Grim Fandango Remastered

Broforce (unfortunately we got it at release and the port was kinda broken at release)

Galak-Z: The Dimensional

This would be 1 game in average for more than 3 years. And I'd easily pay 4USD for most of them, except a couple I'm not interested in at all.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Why would I be joking? Did you have any issues reading the post in question? It was simply a lame reply that didn't address what I said at all, but instead redirect the attention elsewhere. Also, did you not agree with what I said? That it's mind boggling how someone could complain about getting several games in addition to the 60USD game they were going to buy for 4USD. :S

Because we don't own it. We could buy Tropico and own it for life (or until we get banned at least), or we could buy PS+ and be forced into constantly renewing if we want to play it.

If Tropico is the only game that interests you for the rest of the year, I'd personally rather choose the former option.

Because we don't own it. We could buy Tropico and own it for life (or until we get banned at least), or we could buy PS+ and be forced into constantly renewing if we want to play it.

If Tropico is the only game that interests you for the rest of the year, I'd personally rather choose the former option.

This is true, which is also why I prefer PSN titles (digital only), and is also why I'm annoyed whenever I see people complain about getting "indie" titles. That's the games that are perfect for PS+. Anyway, they were implying that they wouldn't be buying the game anymore, since they were happy about getting it from PS+, so it didn't seem like a problem.

People have different opinions on whats good.

Would you prefer it if the service only gave away very popular games AKA games that tons of people already own?

Speaking of differnet opinions, checked your trophy list, and I see you got one of my favorite PS3 games, Demon's Souls, on there, down at 2 trophies obtained. That game was PS+ at some point. You should 100% it. Great game and a pretty quick 100%. :)

Would you prefer it if the service only gave away very popular games AKA games that tons of people already own?

Speaking of differnet opinions, checked your trophy list, and I see you got one of my favorite PS3 games, Demon's Souls, on there, down at 2 trophies obtained. That game was PS+ at some point. You should 100% it. Great game and a pretty quick 100%. :)

Yeah they gave it out when Plus was a great deal. And honestly, Id prefer 1 AAA, 1 indie per months for each console. That way everyone is happy. But Sony doesn't have to try now. I'm just lucky I have a backlog so no need to depend on Plus for "free" games.

This is true, which is also why I prefer PSN titles (digital only), and is also why I'm annoyed whenever I see people complain about getting "indie" titles. That's the games that are perfect for PS+. Anyway, they were implying that they wouldn't be buying the game anymore, since they were happy about getting it from PS+, so it didn't seem like a problem.

I prefer PSN games only also with PS+ because i buy physical. That being said have we ever gotten Payday with plus yet?. If we haven't i assume we'll see it one day. 

• Like 1

Yeah they gave it out when Plus was a great deal. And honestly, Id prefer 1 AAA, 1 indie per months for each console. That way everyone is happy. But Sony doesn't have to try now. I'm just lucky I have a backlog so no need to depend on Plus for "free" games.

Do you ever get any use of the discounts? I get a lot of the money back that way, and often save some too. I'd prefer 3 "indies" for each console. ;) I think 1 AAA and 1 indie for each console is way too much to ask for 4USD. Honestly, just 1 AAA is too. It's rare that I either don't have or don't prefer to buy the big budget title on disc instead of rent it through PS+, that is if I want it at all. So yeah, PSN titles is way better for this. :P It seems they tried to do some a bit bigger titles this month, but I'd honestly prefer it if they didn't.

I prefer PSN games only also with PS+ because i buy physical. That being said have we ever gotten Payday with plus yet?. If we haven't i assume we'll see it one day. 

PayDay 1 and PayDay 2 has been PS+ games for PS3, and PayDay 2 was after the release of PS4...

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Do you ever get any use of the discounts? I get a lot of the money back that way, and often save some too. I'd prefer 3 "indies" for each console. ;) I think 1 AAA and 1 indie for each console is way too much to ask for 4USD. Honestly, just 1 AAA is too. It's rare that I either don't have or don't prefer to buy the big budget title on disc instead of rent it through PS+, that is if I want it at all. So yeah, PSN titles is way better for this. :P It seems they tried to do some a bit bigger titles this month, but I'd honestly prefer it if they didn't.

PayDay 1 and PayDay 2 has been PS+ games for PS3, and PayDay 2 was after the release of PS4...

We used to get AAA games pretty much only at one point. Back when Sony had to try. So it isn't asking for too much since Sony did it at one time and MS is doing it now with their GWG. Now they don't and for some of the indie fanboys (not saying you) Sony can do no wrong. Really wish they would do various plans. I don't need or want the Plus games,

• Like 1

We used to get AAA games pretty much only at one point. Back when Sony had to try. So it isn't asking for too much since Sony did it at one time and MS is doing it now with their GWG. Now they don't and for some of the indie fanboys (not saying you) Sony can do no wrong. Really wish they would do various plans. I don't need or want the Plus games,

The games MS does has very often been PS+ games like years earlier. ;p

Can't say I have downloaded a lot recently other than for vita but let us say Sony offered a basic online plan with no games or store discounts how much would you be willing to pay for a year (free is not an option )? Personally if this was 30usd I would still rather pay 60usd with the benefits of additional discounts and the chance that something like Rocket League might come along again whilst also filling out my vita back catalogue.

• Like 2

JUST a PSP game?! Just a PSP game?! What? Besides my Vita, I don't think any of my consoles ever got the play time my PSP did and still does. 

My opinion of you just dropped a few dozen points, Satoshi. :(

Yup, JUST a PSP game for Vita. PSP is not a part of ICG, hence, PSP games should NOT be put there.

PSP is obviously the second best console after Vita Sony ever made. But if it's not a part of IGC, its games should not appear.

PS2 games also did not appear as a part of PS3/PS4 lineup. Why does Vita have to get the short stick?

You shouldn't devalue opinions of people when they are speaking the truth :P

• Like 1

Yup, JUST a PSP game for Vita. PSP is not a part of ICG, hence, PSP games should NOT be put there.

PSP is obviously the second best console after Vita Sony ever made. But if it's not a part of IGC, its games should not appear.

PS2 games also did not appear as a part of PS3/PS4 lineup. Why does Vita have to get the short stick?

Actually, Max Payne for PS2 was part of IGC (the only PS2 title, though, and only in EU), and so several PSOne Classics games, back in 2012 and before.

Edited by Lance_87

I wasn't aware that Sony ever said only PS3, Vita and PS4 games are part of games included with Plus. I thought the PS1 games that were part of Plus back in the day established that it didn't have to be "trophied" games only.

I don't mind PSP games at all and would prefer some good older PSP games to games debuting on Plus with bugs. 

I spent a moment trying to verify your "truth" and can't find anywhere Sony ever promised the kind and type of games that would be on Plus. I maintain my devaluing of your opinion. :D

The current PS plus 12 month sub wording in the website says

"Monthly Games: download 24 hand-picked PS4 games every year at no extra cost" no mention of any other platforms which seems a bit ominous for future Vita games but am I missing something?

Absolutely disgusting. I normally add every game to my library but for the first time in the last few years, I can't bring myself to do it.

Not the whole selection though. I'm very happy with Tropico 5, although the two DLC pack with trophies cost $30 each here. Table Top Racing looks good too. But PS3 and PS Vita were really let down. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2...no thanks. GOW Ghost Of Sparta is a good game but it's the PSP version, why??? LocoRoco was launched before trophies existed and Open Me! well the base game appears to have no trophies and requires you to buy the DLC packs to gain access to them.

I don't normally rant about PS Plus games, I generally sigh inwardly and take it on the chin and play one (maybe two if we're lucky) of the monthly games. I'm aware that PS4 users are paying for the online service and that the monthly games are (an added bonus) before someone pulls me up on that. What about PS3 users? What about PS Vita users? Yes, the PS4 is the main focus now, fair enough. But they used to provide good games for all the consoles. PS3 would get games like Uncharted 3, Spec Ops, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, Dishonored, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Far Cry 3, etc. Vita would get games like Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Muramasa Rebirth, Soul Sacrifice, etc. I am honestly confused by the sudden lack of interest we are seeing as of late.

I'm not blaming Sony as a whole, I'm blaming the person(s) responsible for selecting the monthly lineup. I'm extremely disappointed and it appears that many of us are. Honestly, it would just be nice if the people responsible for selecting the monthly lineups would actually listen to our feedback.

• Like 2

The current PS plus 12 month sub wording in the website says

"Monthly Games: download 24 hand-picked PS4 games every year at no extra cost" no mention of any other platforms which seems a bit ominous for future Vita games but am I missing something?

They just pretend the other platforms are automagically crap because newer is better, and that's why they don't even show them in monthly lineup videos anymore...

Can't say I have downloaded a lot recently other than for vita but let us say Sony offered a basic online plan with no games or store discounts how much would you be willing to pay for a year (free is not an option )? Personally if this was 30usd I would still rather pay 60usd with the benefits of additional discounts and the chance that something like Rocket League might come along again whilst also filling out my vita back catalogue.

I didn't say exclude the discounts, just the "free" games. I have no problem with the discounts