Games Library.... 'The' games

Just a thought,,,,

Maybe put the games that start with 'The..' also in the next word/letter alphabetically

eg:     The Last Of Us

Maybe post that also in the list under the L

--------------------------------

Feel free to rip into my obvious dumbass idea, but it was just a thougt

Edited by JadeShark
  • Like 3

Just a thought,,,,

Maybe put the games that start with 'The..' also in the next word/letter alphabetically

The people that came up with these names specifically put "The" at beginning of the title, so in my view it is how the game should be referred to. I don't know how much benefit it would really have to have two entries for each game that starts with "The".

Just a thought,,,,

Why would you want to do that? You know it's called 'The Last of Us' so you either look under the letter or search (The) Last of Us in the search bar in the top right.

Don't get me wrong,,, I'm absolute fine with 'THE'

It was just a thought

'The Last of us'    was just a reference

But would it bother you if it was listed under the L in the games list ??

Edited by JadeShark

This was just a thought to place the games list  (on the website) that started with THE... into the alphabet

I meant no disrespect, I have no disrespect

It was a simple idea, from a simple girl

I thought it was pretty simple

How it offends people is the problem

I can see why you've written this post. To be honest "The Last of Us" is a bad example because it doesn't sound right without "The". but here's another example

"The Simpsons Arcade Game" - To me if I wanted to find a Simpsons game I would have looked under "S"

On saying that as someone else mentioned, all you need to do is enter "Simpsons" in the searchbar at the top and it's returned immediately no matter which letter you're currently on so I don't think it's necessary.

Edited by FawltyPowers

I am sort of surprised that people are fighting against ignoring the world "The" if it's the first word in the title, since doing that has been the standard in alphabetizing for a very long time.  I personally would prefer if it "The" were ignored, but I can manage if it's not.

• Like 1

I am sort of surprised that people are fighting against ignoring the world "The" if it's the first word in the title, since doing that has been the standard in alphabetizing for a very long time.  I personally would prefer if it "The" were ignored, but I can manage if it's not.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Quite a few libraries, stores, and even iTunes (as previously mentioned) drop the 'the', so it would make perfect sense to me if the convention were applied here too. I too, would prefer having it ignored, but it's not a strong preference on my end either. 

Just a thought,,,,

OfYGY.gif

There are a lot of games that I don't know they are called THE Game Title. I used to work at Blockbuster for over 9 years and we would put titles Last of Us, the because most people take out the "THE" when saying a name.

I would look under A for Amazing Spiderman or D for Darkness 2 not T for The Darkness 2.

• Like 2

It's definitely against the norm to alphabetize starting with The, but it's something I've gotten used to here so it's just an afterthought.

I'm fine with it as is, but it's certainly not an issue that should raise any saltiness. 

Edited by Sofa King