I Have Been Flagged

I highly doubt this platinum is legit as you require at least 7 playthroughs of this game in order to unlock all the emblems required for all soundtracks, and one of those emblems requires a playthrough of atleast 35+ hours so I can't see how your platinum has been obtained within the time that it states you have :)

So then all the people who have multi-plats (like Sound Shapes for example), who earn the platinum is 8 SECONDS....... those people are considered cheaters too?? right? I'm just a little confused. I don't see how using old save is any different.

So then all the people who have multi-plats (like Sound Shapes for example), who earn the platinum is 8 SECONDS....... those people are considered cheaters too?? right? I'm just a little confused. I don't see how using old save is any different.

This is because the trophies don't auto pop from a previous save as the trophy patch was added at a later date and requires a new save in order to get the trophies

You need to complete a playthrough that's at least 35 hours long for the Chicken emblem. I have no idea how you got it done in 25 hours.

If you used a save then most of the trophies should have popped quickly one after another.

• Like 1

The cross save feature is something that both Sony allows and individual game developers have to allow it as well. As such, using a feature that has been okay'd by two different parties means that a person who decides to take advantage of the feature isn't a cheater and won't be reflected as such on PSNP. 

As you can tell, if you use a previous save to auto pop trophies they happen within seconds of one another, something that didn't happen here. In fact, I believe in the very patch notes for the trophy patch for Guns of the Patriots it stated that prior saves would not be compatible with the new patch and trophies would not auto pop. 

Parker

Edited by Parker

The cross save feature is something that both Sony allows and individual game developers have to allow it as well. As such, using a feature that has been okay'd by two different parties means that a person who decides to take advantage of the feature isn't a cheater and won't be reflected as such on PSNP. 

As you can tell, if you use a previous save to auto pop trophies they happen within seconds of one another, something that didn't happen here. In fact, I believe in the very patch notes for the trophy patch for Guns of the Patriots it stated that prior saves would not be compatible with the new patch and trophies would not auto pop

Parker

This is indeed true :) 

According to this, it should also be ok to download another person save, since its a feature sony authorized and that the developers didn't forbid...

I highly doubt this platinum is legit as you require at least 7 playthroughs of this game in order to unlock all the emblems required for all soundtracks, and one of those emblems requires a playthrough of atleast 35+ hours so I can't see how your platinum has been obtained within the time that it states you have :)

This post holds no ground as I haven't played MGS4 before, but couldn't you just wait out the 35 hours to get the chicken emblem before popping a trophy? This site starts the time when you get a trophy, but not before.

This post holds no ground as I haven't played MGS4 before, but couldn't you just wait out the 35 hours to get the chicken emblem before popping a trophy? This site starts the time when you get a trophy, but not before.

No because in order to unlock the emblem you are required to complete all 5 acts to just unlock one emblem. then there is the factor of unlocking all the other emblems which will require a minimum of 6 more playthroughs :)

• Like 1

According to this, it should also be ok to download another person save, since its a feature sony authorized and that the developers didn't forbid...

As far as I know, Sony does not authorize such "feature", considering it involves editing formats with 3rd party programs for those save files to be used on the system in the 1st place.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that Sony doesn't really like it when game saves are being shared. Especially because they upped the security quite a bit since the release of the PS3. Game saves are now encrypted and most are even copy protected.

I think some games allow to share their save between différent account (by i may be wrong).

And yes of course psnprofile has its own rules, but if those rules (as parker said) are "if something is not forbiden neither by Sony nor the developers, then it is ok", and if save sharing without editing it with an alternate tool is fiable, then it should be authorized.

I dont vote for this, i Just point out a potential flaw in à moderator quote :-)

I think some games allow to share their save between différent account (by i may be wrong).

That's only if the console id is the same. (sharing game saves locally between users) But it was always a hit and miss whether or not the game allowed it. And i'm pretty sure this only applied to old games, '07-'08 era.

And this is allowed! You can even copy saves from one account on your PS3 to another, but if you use that save, the trophies are disabled.

Edited by MMDE

And yes of course psnprofile has its own rules, but if those rules (as parker said) are "if something is not forbiden neither by Sony nor the developers, then it is ok", and if save sharing without editing it with an alternate tool is fiable, then it should be authorized.

I dont vote for this, i Just point out a potential flaw in à moderator quote :-)

Cross-saving is a feature that any gamer could encounter while playing the game because it's a feature built into the game with cooperation from Sony and the developers themselves. It's a feature commonly "advertised" in posts, podcasts, and so on by Sony and developers around the time of that features launch and is a specific feature through Sony's servers. This is why it's not considered cheating. It's a somewhat "cheap" feature but it's also something that you still have to put full effort into yourself at least once on one version of that game. 

If you are taking another persons save file to unlock trophies which you put no effort into yourself at all, those trophies could potentially unlock out of order, in an impossible order, or so on - that is considered cheating. It's not your work or your effort, you didn't do it on your own and shouldn't stay on a leaderboard because you used someone else's effort to possibly put a time advantage above someone else on the boards who put their legitimate work into the game. So, quite simply, your profile is taken off the leaderboards, it's put back on the leaderboards if you hide that game though.

That's the difference between them and why we allow one and don't allow others. Hopefully that makes sense. :P

Edited by BlindMango

If you are taking another persons save file to unlock trophies which you put no effort into yourself at all, those trophies could potentially unlock out of order, in an impossible order, or so on - that is considered cheating. It's not your work or your effort, you didn't do it on your own and shouldn't stay on a leaderboard because you used someone else's effort to possibly put a time advantage above someone else on the boards who put their legitimate work into the game. So, quite simply, your profile is taken off the leaderboards, it's put back on the leaderboards if you hide that game though.

You can use other people's save, but if you do so, you can't unlock trophies.... unless of course you've hacked the save, and that is not allowed. I think there is a couple of cases where this is not required though, one such case is having an old save and when you patch the game, the save is somehow made yours. :o The game I'm thinking about had it's trophies patched in long after release.