What's your favourite video game based movie/show/book?

The non-animated Resident Evil movies have become an abomination of visual media, but the first one was actually a pretty sweet zombie/sci-fi flick.  One of the better ones out there.

I don't really watch/read many video game cross-overs, so that's the best I got.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 1 month later...

I would also have to go with Steins;Gate, great adaptation. I actually watched the anime first before playing the VN. Can't wait for 0!

A lot of people give these OVA's flak, but I enjoyed them: Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals. It takes place in the FFV universe two hundred years after the game. Definitely not my favorite, but worth noting. Plus Prettz's nodachi kicks ass.

51S5XZNFESL._SY445_.jpg

Edited by xoxoagent

I would also have to go with Steins;Gate, great adaptation. I actually watched the anime first before playing the VN. Can't wait for 0!

A lot of people give these OVA's flak, but I enjoyed them: Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals. It takes place in the FFV universe two hundred years after the game. Definitely not my favorite, but worth noting. Plus Prettz's nodachi kicks ass.

51S5XZNFESL._SY445_.jpg

They had these at my local Blockbuster. I never checked them out, truth is I forgot they existed until now.