What's your favourite video game based movie/show/book?

This should be easy considering that game franchises work best as... well, games.

Regardless you have no doubt found at least one game based medium that you enjoyed, or at least tolerated.

For me, it has to be the Persona 4 Animation, loyal to the source and manages to be better when it isn't.

Another one I like is the Steins Gate anime, it's good.

Sorry if this is a previous topic, I couldn't find any mention so I assumed no one has.

• Like 3

The first Halo books (Fall of Reach, The Flood and First Strike) are probably my favorite game based media. Halo lore is really cool and the Spartans in the novels can do way more cool shit than you can in the games. I keep telling myself I need to read the rest of them but I never do. 

Recently I have been reading the Ratchet and Clank book to my son and he has really been enjoying it. When we finish with this book (which is based off the movie which is based off the game) I'll be ordering another one for us to read. 

Parker

• Like 3

The first Halo books (Fall of Reach, The Flood and First Strike) are probably my favorite game based media. Halo lore is really cool and the Spartans in the novels can do way more cool shit than you can in the games. I keep telling myself I need to read the rest of them but I never do. 

Recently I have been reading the Ratchet and Clank book to my son and he has really been enjoying it. When we finish with this book (which is based off the movie which is based off the game) I'll be ordering another one for us to read. 

Parker

The book based on the movie based on the game based on the game... My head hurts

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

I also like Street Fighter Assassin's Fist, it's a web series so you can watch it on YouTube I think.  It's one of the best live action shows based off a game series (since they are usually pretty crap).

The Resident Evil books by S.D. Perry!

It's a nice read, where she stays wayyyyyyy more true to the source than the movies, even her originals are great! The movies should've taken a hint from her.

51XUdYKstnL._SX297_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles. The anime was really loyal to the 1st game and they even managed to add more funny and sad moments to the story.

I second this

Clannad

I also second this!
  • Like 2

For me, it has to be the Persona 4 Animation, loyal to the source and manages to be better when it isn't.

Came here to post with that in mind when I saw the topic.

I finished Persona 4 Golden on my Vita and a friend told me there was an animation for it (as well as Golden). Absolutely loved it from start to finish. Very true to the game. Enjoyable, fun and engaging from start to finish and had every bit of charm that made me enjoy the game so much!

The book based on the movie based on the game based on the game... My head hurts

It is like the Remake of the Producers :)

A movie based on a Broadway play based on a Movie about a Broadway Play...150px-Scanners_head_explode_screenshot.j

Came here to post with that in mind when I saw the topic.

I finished Persona 4 Golden on my Vita and a friend told me there was an animation for it (as well as Golden). Absolutely loved it from start to finish. Very true to the game. Enjoyable, fun and engaging from start to finish and had every bit of charm that made me enjoy the game so much!

You should check out this video as well.

• Like 2