Would really love for a 'backlog' or 'wishlist' feature

This would help me immensely, especially for my digital only games. Often I grab something on sale, but don't necessarily download it right away.

While it is easy enough to search my library on the PS4, I have almost no idea about my PS3 or PSVita games. Even being able to search my digital content would help, but since Sony isn't going to be doing anything, it would be great for me to at least track my games here.

Not a bad idea, but you're probably better off doing that in something like Excel where you have full control and can change anything (including the format/layout) as you please. That's where I track my backlog, and it works fairly well.

Also, note that games don't appear on your PSN profile until you actually download + start them, so you'd presumably need to do that in order for such a feature to work.

Edited by GIONAScm2
  • Like 1

If you want, you could use the wishlist feature on the PS Store for the games you will still get, then put 0% lists on your profile to remember you of the games you already own and will play someday, that's what i do.  :)

Why so angry. Sometimes we need these not as useful overly complicated features to open up for better features of tomorrow.

Why so angry. Sometimes we need these not as useful overly complicated features to open up for better features of tomorrow.

Are you a company CEO? That sounded like so much spin I thought a tornado was starting before my eyes.

Being able to pull up a list of what I own and what I plan to play would be great, especially with it being implemented into PSNProfiles.

Use your Profile to record your Wish/Play list. You can keep it up to date and rearrange as much as you wish.

This has been suggested a couple times in the past. I'm certain at least a couple of those threads had different solutions to do what you're looking for.

Very good idea. It makes much more sense than writing it all down again separately. The database is already there after all, so that is the simple solution obviously.

And the real waste of time is "improving" on features that are already great rather than implementing new meaningful additions.

In other words, no need for a overly complicated feature when you can just write it down.

Isn't searching for games from an existent database and adding them to a neatly organized list less complicated than opening the forums (or a document of any kind) and having to organize it yourself? :P

KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid.

In other words, no need for a overly complicated feature when you can just write it down.

I'm joining team Write it Down. Isn't that the entire purpose of the trophy checklist forum? I don't see a rule against writing down your backlog and wishlist there. You could also just register the game's trophy list on your profile by playing it for a second. There are also tons of apps and services that already exist to help you keep track of stuff besides paper and pen.

And let's be honest, who actually cleans out their backlog  ;)

How is it overly complicated? 

Because it's like inventing a Rube Goldberg machine to write down your to do list for you, when you could just pick up a pen/keyboard and do it yourself. It's feature creep, it's some else's idea for a website that they'd probably not be too happy about seeing co-opted, and the capability already exists in another form here. Namely booting the games up so the trophy lists show up as 0% on your profile, and 0% games don't affect you overall completion percentage. Also the Trophy Checklist forum exists for that use.

Would the backlog just be a list of games you can re-order?

Possibly with the ability to select the games like we can select trophies for the trophy cabinet.

Thinking about it, having something like the trophy cabinet would be awesome.

But with a lot more than 10 slots.

I use the wishlist on TrueTrophies for things like that. The neat thing about it there is that as soon as I unlock at least one trophy and add the game to my profile, it's deleted automatically from the wishlist.

Because it's like inventing a Rube Goldberg machine to write down your to do list for you, when you could just pick up a pen/keyboard and do it yourself. It's feature creep, it's some else's idea for a website that they'd probably not be too happy about seeing co-opted, and the capability already exists in another form here. Namely booting the games up so the trophy lists show up as 0% on your profile, and 0% games don't affect you overall completion percentage. Also the Trophy Checklist forum exists for that use.

LOL! Ya, that website was the first ever to have a wishlist, sure.

What about my nintendo Eshop profile? What about my PSN store wishlist? What about playstationtrophies.org or xboxachievements.org, they have a wishlist feature. What about truetrophies, and wal-mart, and amazon, and barnes and noble, and gamestop, and a billion other websites? Guess that "the backloggery" better start suing people for using their idea.

A wishlist of stuff you would like to remember to purchase, or remember to use now that you have purchased it, is an extremely common tool, on literally hundreds of websites. I prefer "Work Smarter, Not Harder" over KISS personally.

Anyway though, I would love this idea! I could put all the games I want to play but don't have the money for yet, so I don't forget to buy them once I have the cash. I used to use this feature over at playstationtrophies.org, but have since migrated to this site, so I would love to see this feature become available here as well.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2