Would really love for a 'backlog' or 'wishlist' feature

Would the backlog just be a list of games you can re-order?

I was thinking if you setup the trophy cabinet but instead of just being able to check mark trophies, you can check mark games. I think you can already manually sort the cabinet?

The benefit to you would be it's a fairly flexible solution to a lot of problems that can quickly be referenced when new topics inevitably come up. I want to see just non 100% games: solved. Backlogs: solved. Favorite games: solved. Proudest 100%: solved. Etc.

It would be better if we could add some kind of title to the cabinet but I don't want to be greedy.

This would be extremely welcome.

It would also be good if on your "Wishlist" this could also be broken down for DLC's too. In other words I purchased Metal Gear Rising Revengeance when it was on sale but I've not purchased the DLC's yet. It would be easy to forget about the DLC if you're waiting for them to appear in a sale.

A backlog could be good too although it could become messy depending on the level of depth (ie if you set up a backlog on a trophy by trophy basis). I check my backlog a lot and it contains the following:

DmC Devil May Cry - Vergil's Downfall, Estimated Time required - 10 hours, Trophies - 10, Estimated Difficulty - 6.0/10, Total Trophies when complete - 2568

Metal Gear Solid 2, Estimated Time required - 40-60 hours, Trophies - 46, Estimated Difficulty - 7.0/10, Total Trophies when complete - 2614

You can then add in Milestones too. For me the next one is:

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Estimated Time required - 20-40+ hours, Trophies - 51, Estimated Difficulty - 9.0/10, Total Trophies when complete - 2784. Level 19, Platinum 50

It's something you can have a lot of fun with if you're so inclined :D

• Like 1

Why do you need a backlog?  Just look at your "unearned trophies" 

Isn't the whole trophy advisor pretty much a backlog thing?

Because the game has to be loaded and synced first for the trophies to appear unearned. A lot of people have games they haven't downloaded yet but would like to keep track of them.

• Like 2

It would also be good if on your "Wishlist" this could also be broken down for DLC's too. In other words I purchased Metal Gear Rising Revengeance when it was on sale but I've not purchased the DLC's yet. It would be easy to forget about the DLC if you're waiting for them to appear in a sale.

That would be a very interesting additional feature.
  • Like 2

I personally would love a feature like this. I have over 150 games in my PS3/PSV backlog and can't even remember what I have been buying from Flash Sales and other sales through the years. I have games from 2-3 years ago I got for a real low price but haven't played yet and I am sure there are there are tons of games I don't even remember buying. Of course you can write them down on paper, but I think it would be more convenient and even helpful to have them shown on-site.

I would love to go through my download list just 1 time and list all of my games somewhere else than the 'about me' section.  Even give us the ability for it to be private or public. You could take it a step further and allow people to vote on your backlog and titles with the highest votes can optionally be made a priority. That would help someone like me that can be quite indecisive when choosing what game to play next when you have so many options. Another feature could be a difficulty statistic that you can vote on. I know the trophy guides already have a difficulty assigned but it would be nice to have an averaged number. I think it would be best to make the difficulty vote a premium only feature simply to minimize troll votes.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

Because the game has to be loaded and synced first for the trophies to appear unearned. A lot of people have games they haven't downloaded yet but would like to keep track of them.

So install them?  I really don't get why people are making their lives harder than it is. 

So install them?  I really don't get why people are making their lives harder than it is. 

People have bandwidth caps man, it is pretty common. I couldn't download all the games I bought if I wanted to. I can't go over 150GB a month or it is $5 per 1GB over. On top of that not everyone has a huge hard drive to fit all their games on. Since I have a bandwidth cap, I am not going to buy a new PS3 hard drive because I would blow through my limit so quick trying to download everything again. 320GB is enough for me to keep recycling the last 50GB free I have. There are plenty of factors that play into it rather than you assuming people just want to make it difficult for themselves.

• Like 1

And let's be honest, who actually cleans out their backlog  ;)

Well I had 2 users in the past that scolded me on my low completion rate so out of fear I began cleaning up my backlog :P I went from like 55% to 71% so I didn't do too badly ^_^

On point though, I would like a Backlog feature. I personally don't care about a wishlist feature because that would get messy with games being announced at E3 and then having to add those games to the site just so someone can put it on their wishlist (seems like a lot of work) but a Backlog feature would be for games that are already on the site so it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

I would rather see that as oppose to the Trophy Advisor because a Backlog is games I still intend to play while the Trophy Advisor contains games that I have long since gotten rid of.

People have bandwidth caps man, it is pretty common. I couldn't download all the games I bought if I wanted to. I can't go over 150GB a month or it is $5 per 1GB over. On top of that not everyone has a huge hard drive to fit all their games on. Since I have a bandwidth cap, I am not going to buy a new PS3 hard drive because I would blow through my limit so quick trying to download everything again. 320GB is enough for me to keep recycling the last 50GB free I have. There are plenty of factors that play into it rather than you assuming people just want to make it difficult for themselves.

If they're a real gamer they should A) Upgrade internet, B) Upgrade storage capacity. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2016 at 3:37 AM, skateak said:

I personally would love a feature like this. I have over 150 games in my PS3/PSV backlog and can't even remember what I have been buying from Flash Sales and other sales through the years. I have games from 2-3 years ago I got for a real low price but haven't played yet and I am sure there are there are tons of games I don't even remember buying. Of course you can write them down on paper, but I think it would be more convenient and even helpful to have them shown on-site.

I would love to go through my download list just 1 time and list all of my games somewhere else than the 'about me' section.  Even give us the ability for it to be private or public. You could take it a step further and allow people to vote on your backlog and titles with the highest votes can optionally be made a priority. That would help someone like me that can be quite indecisive when choosing what game to play next when you have so many options. Another feature could be a difficulty statistic that you can vote on. I know the trophy guides already have a difficulty assigned but it would be nice to have an averaged number. I think it would be best to make the difficulty vote a premium only feature simply to minimize troll votes.

I like this idea! It's probably the closest to what I want in a backlog feature.

24 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

P.S: I wish PSN Store had a wishlist like Steam and the eShop. It's the only online store I use where I can't track all the games I plan to buy one day.

It does have a wish list, I just can't remember if you have to go through the website to access it.

well just to have it said:

I love to have everything in one page, I hate to have to use 500 different apps, pages and whatever to keep track of things that belong together.

I dont ever use the psn store webpage. I use the store on consoles, maybe that will change when they decide to close them on the consoles xD but currently thats what I do.

I keep track of several things via google documents excel equivalent.

A wishlist is not mainly what I need, but I would totally use it if there was one on psnp. I just dont want to go somwhere new only to have a wishlist.

What I'd really love to have would be a backlog, like someone mentioned before to keep track of my digital games.

Maybe it could be connected to the advisor, where I can see how many and which trophys the backlog has.

if I could sort out the trophies I don't want to earn like I mentioned in the suggestion topic for the advisor, this could be the perfect to do list.

(yeah there are trophies I dont want to earn in some games like the 3 online trophies of fifa 13 I missed and which aren't possible anymore due to server shutdown, such trophies could be taken from the to-do list)

Edited by Ai-ds_low
  • Like 1