Mission 100%: Summer Backlog Challenge

comingtoamerica12.jpg

Mission 100%: Summer Backlog Challenge

Details:

If you're like me, you have a fuckload of unplayed games on hand, and no dearth of reasons why you haven't completed them yet. With that in mind, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 10 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting at 00:01 US EST on June 1st and ending at 23:59 US EST on August 31st.

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 10. Once you confirm the games you will be completing, you will be locked in to those games and you cannot remove them off your list to pick something else. If you have finished the list of games you first signed up to play, you may continue to add more games for the event up to 10 maximum for the entire event. If you want, you can also add more games to your list at any time, up to a maximum of 10 total games for the event, but you must complete everything you've added. The object is not to just earn the platinum as applicable, but to reach 100% trophy completion for it. This means DLC is included if the content has trophies, and also means you will be on the hook to complete that DLC if it is released on PSN during the event timeframe. If you have a moral objection against DLC, don't choose a game that has it. The deadline for submitting your list of games is by 00:01 US EST on June 1st. All games you have promised to complete for the event must be at 100% by 23:59 US EST on August 31st.
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few caveats. To be considered as part of your backlog, the game must currently be in your possession either physically or in your PSN Library or purchase history as of the time of this post; anything purchased after the time of this post is ineligible. The game must have a current trophy completion percentage of 10% or under, anything higher than 10% is ineligible. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. Additionally, if your current geographical location is either in the Southern Hemisphere or any another location where the current meteorological state does not fit the conventional definition of "Summer", you will be excluded from participating until you make a solemn promise to not quibble over semantics.
  • Info For Late Entrants: If you'd like to enter this but if it's past the official start time of June 1st, you can still enter but you do not receive the same grace time with your gaming list as the others did. Once you enter your choices are locked in from that point on. All other rules as outlined above apply.

Participants:

Edited by damon8r351

Alright I'll join this one. Here are my 5 games. May add more but these are my main ones that I want to play or complete.

- E̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶P̶S̶4̶ (Completed on June 12th.)

-  ̶A̶p̶o̶t̶h̶e̶o̶n̶ ̶P̶S̶4̶ (Completed on June 17th.)

-  ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶R̶e̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶P̶S̶3̶ (Completed on June 14th.)

- Infamous 1 PS3

- Far Cry 3 PS3 (I may still do Zombi but not too certain. Plus I was planning to play it before Zombi anyways.)

Edited by DanteHellMode98

I'd like to use this event as a means of completing games I haven't started yet/barely started but I'm unsure of the "punishment" for not completing the games within the deadline if there is one, so some clarification and insight would be appreciated

I really wanted to sign up for this, I've been following the spring backlog challenge sillently and was preparing to enter the summer challenge, however me and my girlfriend decided to go away for 2 months during the summer so I'll have to sit out this one. I'll be there for the fall backlog challenge though.

I wish all participants good luck and just like the spring backlog challenge I'll follow this thread silently

I'm down for this, cleared out so older stuff in the spring.

PS4 - The Walking Dead Michonne
PS4 - Agatha Christies the ABC Murders
PS4 - Whispering Willows
PS4 - Gone Home
PS3 - Monkey Island SE
PS3 - Monkey Island 2 SE
PS3 - The Raven
PS3 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

All of the above are fairly short so will probably add to the list once I bash them out.  Going away for the 2nd half of August so avoiding sticking a monster like Witcher III on the list just now.
  • Like 1

i think i can work with this....

1. borderlands 2 and DLC's

2. borderlands presequel and 2 DLC's

3. grim fandango

4. little big planet 3 and DLC

5. Overlord Fellowship of evil.

i will add more as i figure more out. rather play it safe as i know the borderland series took well over a month each or so.

Edited by kingdrake2

I'd like to join in :)  Will start with 5 games for now and then add more later

1. Alice: Madness Returns 

2. Assassin's Creed Rogue

3. Bastion

4. Magicka 2

5. Zombi

6. Koi (Completed 15th June)

7. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (10%)

If anyone else has Magicka 2 on their summer backlog and would like to play co-op, send me a friend request on PSN

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

Alright I'll join this one. Here are my 5 games. May add more but these are my main ones that I want to play or complete.

- Ether One

- Apotheon PS4

- Master Reboot PS3

- Infamous 1

- Zombi PS4 

Nice I would like to join

FINAL FANTASY VII 5 %

ZOMBI 0 %

-The Last of Us 0 %

Mass Effect 1 0 %

Mass Effect 2 0 %

Mass Effect 3 0 %3

-Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition 2 %

I AM ALIVE 4 %

-Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power 0 %

-Trine 2: Complete Story 0 %

I'm down for this, cleared out so older stuff in the spring.

PS4 - The Walking Dead Michonne
PS4 - Agatha Christies the ABC Murders
PS4 - Whispering Willows
PS4 - Gone Home
PS3 - Monkey Island SE
PS3 - Monkey Island 2 SE
PS3 - The Raven
PS3 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

All of the above are fairly short so will probably add to the list once I bash them out.  Going away for the 2nd half of August so avoiding sticking a monster like Witcher III on the list just now.

i think i can work with this....

1. borderlands 2 and DLC's

2. borderlands presequel and 2 DLC's

3. grim fandango

4. little big planet 3 and DLC

5. Overlord Fellowship of evil.

i will add more as i figure more out. rather play it safe as i know the borderland series took well over a month each or so.

I'd like to join in :)  Will start with 5 games for now and then add more later

1. Alice: Madness Returns 

2. Assassin's Creed Rogue

3. Bastion

4. Magicka 2

5. Zombi

If anyone else has Magicka 2 on their summer backlog and would like to play co-op, send me a friend request on PSN

Added. If you change your mind, modify these posts I've quoted and then comment in a separate post.

PS3 - The Raven

A word of warning on The Raven: once you start the game, don't delete any game files no matter what even if a guide advises you to, otherwise you'll glitch yourself out of the plat. If you screw up the requirements for the Crime Scene Investigator trophy, just restart the game from the beginning, don't delete any game files. I have a trophy guide and walkthrough awaiting review that negates all of this and tells you exactly what to do so the glitch becomes irrelevant, but in case you start it before it gets published, I'm letting you know so you don't make the same mistake I did.

I still have some work to do on the spring challenge but I think I want in on this one too.

Might switch up some of these games before the 1st but this is what I am thinking for now:

Gone Home (PS4) - 9%

Home (PSV) - 0%

AC Chronicles China (PS4) - 0%

Fez (PS4) - 9%

Rochard (PS3) - 0%

Edit 6/6/16: Adding in Bully (PS4) and Teslagrad (PSV). Both at 0% at the start of the challenge.

Edited by XX_FTW

I want to chip away at all the silly games I have downloaded. Here is my list.

1. Thomas was Alone 4% | 5h
  2. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate 2% | 10h 
  3. Flower 4% | 6h
  4. Ether One 0% | 5h
  5. Teslagrad 0% | 4h
  6. Super Exploding Zoo 3% | 6h
  7. Valiant Hearts: The Great War 0% | 8h
  8. Grim Fandango 4% | 13h

According to this thread, this should take me 57 hours to complete. Hopefully I can start deleting all these downloaded games off my systems!

• Like 2

Psvita:

Djmax Technika Tune (10%)

Zero Escape: Virtue Last Reward(100% July 4th)

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (100% August 30th)

Stein's Gate UK (100%  June 1st)

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (100% July 25th)

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (4%)

PS3:

Far Cry Classic (4%)

Magrunner Dark Pulse(0%)

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (0%)

Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked (0%)

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1