Games you have to play at least twice

MikeyRaw106

I'm looking for new games that are just so good, that you have to play them at least twice. Not necessarily for trophies but the enjoyment you had while playing it.

It doesn't matter if the game is for PS3, PS4 or Vita or what genre it is. The more games, the better and tell me why it's awesome if possible.

In some of the Ratchet and Clank games you have to play once normally, and then again in challenge mode.

Also, the game I'm currently playing, Persona 4 Golden, requires you to play the New Game Plus to defeat a special boss unavailable in playthrough one.

Destiny you have to play THRICE, since there's three characters you have to get to Lv.25

Batman Arkham City had a new game plus trophy if I remember correctly, don't think Arkham Asylum did, and not sure about the others - never played past City

Of course there's Uncharted (the series) and The Last of Us. For the Uncharted series on PS4 it is possible to play on Crushing straight away, but then you have to play on Speedrun and Brutal so that makes you play multiple times.

I think I remember having to play Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, three times, as difficulty trophies don't stack.

Same goes for Lord of the Rings: War in the North (3 times), Call of Duty Classic (3 times, but I did it 4 times because I'm an idiot and played through on the easiest difficulty first which had no difficulty trophy) as well as Kingdom Hearts, multiple playthroughs for multiple games.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head :P If I think of any more I'll edit them in. :)

I've heard nothing but good things from the Uncharted series and the Last Of Us and I'll definately give them a go.

Mass Effect seems fantastic with all those different decisions you can make.

How about the Borderlands series? They seem to be good, but are they that good to play through them several times?

How about the Borderlands series? They seem to be good, but are they that good to play through them several times?

You'll probably play them multiple times to try out all the characters. There's also NG+ modes, so once you find your favourite, you will may play it multiple times with that character if you find it enjoyable. 

The Wolf Among Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain and Life Is Strange are a must if you want a game with a good story and your every choice has consequences.

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Still my favourite game ever to this day.

Edited by MattyH16

Kinda surprised that no one seems to have mentioned Red Dead Redemption yet - it's just so beautiful that it just demands repeated playthroughs.  I've completed it 3 times so far and can easily see myself doing it again.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - simply superb game.  I played it 5 times prior to the trophy patch, and am psyching myself up to tackle the platinum very shortly, which will necessitate another 8 playthroughs - possibly more if I miss something along the way!

The Last of Us ( i played 3 and half playtroughts of this which is a thing i rarely do and not even for trophies purprose)

Catherine ( i did a 2nd playtrought for the sake ofthe platinum but in the end , i ended up doing enjoying doing the whole game on Hard mode and try my best to get the gold in each stage )

Bioshock ( Really great game for replay value although i don't remember much of the actual game , it's been too long since i played , one of my 1st games on PS3)

I ended up picking up Persona 4 again a couple of months of completing it. I wasn't planning on getting the platinum for it, but I just started to genuinely miss playing it, and if I was going to play it again, I thought I might as well attempt the platinum as well.

The Silent Hill games have that lure of bringing you back for more as well, especially with the multiple endings. The first ending I got in SH1 was the "bad" one, and an extremely disappointing one. The second time I played through the game was a lot more satisfying.

The Souls series (Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne) demand multiple playthroughs not only for the platinums, but also if you want to explore everything the game has to offer, because you're likely going to miss some stuff, or screw up side quests on your first playthrough if you're playing the game "blind" without any kind of guide.

The Metal Gear games are often something I always have the urge to return to after a while as well. I think I've completed MGS3 about 3 times now, twice back on the PS2, and once on the Vita. I still haven't started on my PS3 version of the HD collection, but I have a feeling I'll be playing through MGS3 on that again eventually as well (I originally only brought the PS3 MGS collection for Peace Walker though).

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Heavy Rain

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Dishonored

The Last Of Us

These games offer many choices where to go or how to proceed a target... Great games in which i discovered on every walktrough some new details (mostly regarding pathes towards targets) :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88