which anime series would you advise me

yiazmat50112254

i want to ask this question because i have never watched anime (except the child anime series) but it is something i will probably really like. the only problem is i don't know which one i should start with.

i like a middle age style, magic, monsters. but the most important thing is a good story.

to get an idea what i like this are my favorite movies:

1 game of thrones

2 lord of the rings/the hobbit

3 avatar

4 harry potter

5 eragon

6 the hunger games

7 divergent

and this are some of my favorite games:

1 final fantasy

2 star ocean

3 runescape (could maybe be lower as 3)

4 dragon quest

5 chrono trigger

6 kingdom hearts

i hope you have an idea of what i would like now. if you don't, or if i am not clear, just ask.

thanks.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

Chrno Crusade - lots of mystical beings in a pre-World War I setting. It is funny, sad and inspiring at the same time.

Claymore and Berserk - both are brutal, with a simple story and very good animation. Unfortunately, both are incomplete as well.

Fate series - it has a lot of lore but not anything that is too complicated. You should watch Stay/Night->Zero->Unlimited Blade Works, in that order.

Record of Lodoss War (OVAs) - pure RPG elements on this one. A must watch for every fan of the genre.

The Vision of Escaflwone - old, but gold. The animation is unusual, but it has everything that you want (and maybe some things you dont want, but will enjoy) and a unique soundtrack.

• Like 2

Chrno Crusade - lots of mystical beings in a pre-World War I setting. It is funny, sad and inspiring at the same time.

Claymore and Berserk - both are brutal, with a simple story and very good animation. Unfortunately, both are incomplete as well.

Fate series - it has a lot of lore but not anything that is too complicated. You should watch Stay/Night->Zero->Unlimited Blade Works, in that order.

Record of Lodoss War (OVAs) - pure RPG elements on this one. A must watch for every fan of the genre.

The Vision of Escaflwone - old, but gold. The animation is unusual, but it has everything that you want (and maybe some things you dont want, but will enjoy) and a unique soundtrack.

These are some solid recommendations. I was going to recommend Record of Lodoss War. That's a damn fine show if you want a good adventure-RPG show.

Rokka no Yuusha is a fantasy mystery that is so good that I watched all 12 episodes in one sitting. It's got a really unique premise and some great actions scenes. I will say though that the first two episodes aren't very good.

Edited by deepwater324

I'd recommend:

1. Akame ga Kill
  2. Arslan Senki
  3. Attack on Titan
  4. Fairy Tail
  5. GATE
  6. Magi The Labyrinth of Magic (followed by Magi The Kingdom of Magic)
  7. Seven Deadly Sins
  8. Steins;Gate (it doesn't have any magic or monsters and it's set in 2010, but the story is amazing)
  9. Sword Art Online
  • Like 1

hmmm... since you like Final Fantasy.. why not start with it's anime: Final Fantasy Unlimited

hmmm.. looks like you will like Shounen anime...will link the anime so that you can click them and check their descriptions...would also just put what I've already watched (and for big three, stalled)

I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist and/or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Both have same story but the first one has different ending than the manga since it was aired when the Manga is still ongoing so I'd recommend FMA: Brotherhood more if you prefer something that follows the source material 100%.

then... for others, it depends on your taste or if you are willing to watch anime from beginning to end... 

*STRETCH HANDS*

will start with long (and some still airing) anime...*obviously includes big 3*

• Naruto - the first one.. not the one that never ends til now even the manga ended long time ago... 220 episodes... Shippuden have 461+
  • Bleach - the anime ended but the manga is still ongoing... hopefully the anime continues after the manga finally ended... 366 episodes...
  • One Piece - both anime and manga is still ongoing...among the big three.. this is the one that I highly recommend... it has 741+ episodes 
  • Fairy Tail - the 4th... and my personal fave... the anime ended and the manga is still ongoing... it has 2 anime... the first one has 175 episodes while the sequel has 100 episodes...I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND THIS
  • and then there's Gintama... currently watching this one.. probably doesn't have the typical shounen anime.. but definitely hilarious.. and the story arcs always hits me... made (and still making) me shed tears... the fault I find in this one is the MC and story doesn't really have a goal (and the anime even pointed that out in some point) compared to the 4 above..the anime ended and it has like... 200+ eps...I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND THIS
  • Dragon Ball - pretty sure you know what this one is right?
  • Rurouni Kenshin - I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND THIS
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters
  • Yu Yu Hakusho - I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND THIS

the somehow long anime.. like 40+ episodes...

the in between anime.. like 2 cour (20~ episodes)

the short ones.. like 1 cour only(10~ episodes)... if you just want to try some anime.. the major problem in watching this one is it often ends with open (or rather, no) ending... would make you want to read the source material(s)...

*sob* this is really hard to include an anime list without including Slice of Life anime...

• Like 3

I definitely agree with whoever recommended Yu Yu Hakusho, but I'm actually surprised no one's recommended .hack//sign! Other than those two, I'd say Katekyo Hitman Reborn and maybe Aldnoah.Zero if you're open to mechs.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say you should watch Psycho-Pass, too, mostly because of your interest in THG and Divergent.

DONT WATCH THIS. It is a horrible anime. Had potential, but it was done like someone was angered with something.

tsk... xD but true... well... if you are a true fan of FF then maybe he would like it... I somehow liked it... 

tsk... xD but true... well... if you are a true fan of FF then maybe he would like it... I somehow liked it... 

damn, I havent heard about this anime yet I m a fan of Final Fantasy ^_^

Might check it out but I hope it wont be a waste of time.

I'd also recommend the original Saint Seiya, especially Chapter Sanctuary and Inferno which is hands down one of the best OVA series ever created imo.

You may need to watch some previous sagas if you want to understand more about the characters though, else you'll feel lost.

Anyways, it's feel-invoking, somewhat dark, lots of fantasy and focuses on a "middle ages feel" sometimes.

Be sure to watch the Tenkai-Hen Overture for last:

wu6fpskr.jpg?v=1456412405