Let's Play SO5

Guess I'll come out of retirement for the quest, I do miss being on active duty. I won't be starting this at launch since I'll be working on my Summer backlog challenge games but definitely starting it this year so go ahead and sign me up dood

Also what do mean the banmer is under construction dood? Its perfect as is since it is a certified epic banner :awesome:

• Like 2

Guess I'll come out of retirement for the quest, I do miss being on active duty. I won't be starting this at launch since I'll be working on my Summer backlog challenge games but definitely starting it this year so go ahead and sign me up dood

Also what do mean the banmer is under construction dood? Its perfect as is since it is a certified epic banner :awesome:

Awesome, added you dood. It's great to have another SO veteran. 

Tbh that's not the real banner, just a certificate proving it's epic :awesome:. I got one for the SO4 thread too.

• Like 1

Wow that was fast. Can we still post in the SO4 event thread for help with that one?

Of course, the SO4 thread remains open until December 31 2016, though after today I'll no longer be accepting new participants. I promised to create the thread today because that was the original end date for the SO4 thread.

Of course you can count me in on this one. This time, I'm gonna be playing the game from launch all the way until I get the platinum, no breaks whatsoever in between.

Well I'm obviously joining, SO5 is the only game I have pre-ordered right now. :P

Awesome, welcome back gentlemen :highfive:. It's great to have some Epic Quest veterans.

Also Masamune, which account should I link your name to in the OP? :hmm:.

Sign me up as well, please.  Though I'm not 100% sure I'll start this one when my copy arrives in the mail -- that will depend on how much of my "in progress" queue gets whittled down between now and then.  I may be somewhat ADHD with my gaming, but there are only so many titles I can juggle at once.  B)

• Like 1

Ah, sorry. It's the new one. :P

You know I was going to make a joke about how that SO5 plat will be so lonely on your new account without the SO4 plat but then anytime I mention you doing SO4 again on your new account me not finishing Mugen Souls somehow gets brought up which ends up with me eating a tub of ice cream while crying in a corner, so.......I'm going to leave that joke alone dood :|

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 2

Sign me up as well, please.  Though I'm not 100% sure I'll start this one when my copy arrives in the mail -- that will depend on how much of my "in progress" queue gets whittled down between now and then.  I may be somewhat ADHD with my gaming, but there are only so many titles I can juggle at once.  B)

Added, welcome to the event :highfive:

Ah, sorry. It's the new one. :P

Ok. Seems that SO5 plat will be lonely without the SO4 plat though :awesome:.

You know I was going to make a joke about how that SO5 plat will be so lonely on your new account without the SO4 plat but then anytime I mention you doing SO4 again on your new account me not finishing Mugen Souls somehow gets brought up which ends up with me eating a tub of ice cream while crying in a corner, so.......I'm going to leave that joke alone dood :|

You should really plat Mugen Souls dood :awesome:.

Great to see an epic quest going for SO5, sign me up!

Awesome, added you too :highfive:.

• Like 1

Do we know the full specifics of the platinum? If the battle trophies carry over in new game+ I'll try for the platinum(vs me deciding gold is good enough for me with so4, just have to get there lol)

Do we know the full specifics of the platinum? If the battle trophies carry over in new game+ I'll try for the platinum(vs me deciding gold is good enough for me with so4, just have to get there lol)

I'm not 100% sure on if battle trophies transfer over from game to game, but they did in SO4, so I don't know why they wouldn't. But if you mean progress, then that's another thing entirely, and we can only hope they do. The BTs aren't hard at all in this game, honestly, and could probably be done in one playthrough.

• Like 1

Nice to see the continuation of SO4 craziness (not that I can say much, since I plat it even before you guys had the idea of that Let's Play journey..)..

I would definitely join and plan on playing SO5 eventually, but since I'm short on cash (and my priority is Persona 5 and FFXV) like Tales of Zesteria, I will also have to wait quite a bit before I buy this.. so, if you want, you can put me as a maybe, but I doubt that I will get the game this year :(

Also, sorry for never going back to the Catherine Let's Play (since I said that I would join it after finishing SAO), but I kind of got scared of that game.. well, it was the only game that gave me genuine and consistent nightmares.. and nightmares really close to what some of the game puzzles are actually.. but I still want that platinum.. sorry for the off-topic.

I'm not 100% sure on if battle trophies transfer over from game to game, but they did in SO4, so I don't know why they wouldn't. But if you mean progress, then that's another thing entirely, and we can only hope they do. The BTs aren't hard at all in this game, honestly, and could probably be done in one playthrough.

This isn't quite true.  My understanding is that the Battle Trophies were stored in a central data file along with some of the other "collectables", most likely as a binary toggle.  If you had partial completion on a particular BT from a previous game, that partial completion didn't carry across when you started a new game -- either you had completed it or you hadn't.  This is why you had to grind in the "postgame" to knock out trophies such as Edge's 30k kills.

Then again, SO4 didn't have what many of us deem to be a "true" NG+.  You started a fresh game from scratch, but you carried over various types of "core data" that were stored separately.

This isn't quite true.  My understanding is that the Battle Trophies were stored in a central data file along with some of the other "collectables", most likely as a binary toggle.  If you had partial completion on a particular BT from a previous game, that partial completion didn't carry across when you started a new game -- either you had completed it or you hadn't.  This is why you had to grind in the "postgame" to knock out trophies such as Edge's 30k kills.

Then again, SO4 didn't have what many of us deem to be a "true" NG+.  You started a fresh game from scratch, but you carried over various types of "core data" that were stored separately.

Yeah, I know that, that's what I said. I know that the battle trophies as a whole, along with everything else in the collectibles section, were stored on another system data file separate from the main data, but progress didn't carry over, only completed ones.

At least SO5 is a much easier plat with only 80 battle trophies

There's actually 100, not 80.