If Sony allowed you to change your username, would you do it?

Aalicia

I'd like to change mine to d^_^b, or something cool like "TheSilentKiller". My avatar's name was d^_^b in White Knight Chronicles and Patapon 3.

Before PSN I was known as "Animeniac" and I was idiotic in the forums and a sucky player in most multiplayer games. People hated me because of those things. Soon I realized that and stopped doing those things so that less people would call me an idiot or moron or anything to hurt my feelings for something they think is stupid. So I came up with "ROBOCRIPPLE_" as my PSN ID because I have no confidence in ever becoming good in most game genres and I felt sorry for myself. Now I'm regretting it and wanted an ID change to one of the above so that people don't think I feel sorry for myself, suck at games, or am a physical cripple (my "cripple" is neuro). Some people do like it though and if I explain how I came up with it they think it totally fits me.

I just want people to like me and treat me the same way as they treat everyone else who is not a troll. I wanted to be as good in games as everyone else; I just wanted to fit in because I was a victim of bullying by most of the kids in elementary school. I was a teenager back in the PS2 days. Now that I'm an adult, I'm like, "screw that!" I play games for fun and enjoyment and just be myself. My best self, that is. :lol:

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_

i'm using "memphis" for over 15 Years and can't think of a different one. And since memphis is often taken i put my real name in front of it so i don't regret it after a while.

if i could i would change it to 

"memphis" or "basti"

but they are always taken 

Edited by basti_memphis

I would probably change mine. My user name is too easilly mistaken to thinking that I use drugs, when it actually means Love is like an injection.

I made an alt for UFC because I didnt wanna start it on my main user because of some online trophies. I called it SUFFERNAUT which is kinda something I've been using for a while. But I also use Th00nZella which is probably my favorite.

My friends call me Suff so that where SUFFERNAUT comes from and that comes from my one of my first usernames FinalSuffer. Th00nZella actually comes from my very first user name I ever created for Runescape I made the account in like 2003 and it was called Tunedzilla, but I didnt like that name it needed some sharpening so thats where this name comes from. Confusing I know. So I'd probably just use Suff for psn if it was available.

• 1 month later...

I been waiting for this feature for years and years and years. How complicated is this? surely there are people out there who would even pay for this as a service. 10$, 15$. Heck here take 50$ from me and let me change my ID name. This should come with PSPlus service by now. JP accounts can ID name change, why cant other part of the world? c'mon Sony, theres a lot more people outside of JPN.

edit: actually I cant believe they havent really made much progress on our profiles etc. It should be more like Steam profile. Need more options and features. Heck I cant even write a page of me under about me.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I personally love my name :D So no I wouldn't change it, but I do agree that Sony should add this feature. So many people end up choosing a name that they did not want since it was taken. At least with the ability to change your name, you can have all the time in the world to think of a new Psn name and do it, but if that fails, think of another name until you get exactly what you want. I really wonder myself why Sony has not done this yet. Easy money in my opinion

Easy monies perhaps but then they couldn't take joy in seeing people with names they picked on a whim, while drunk or simply on a bet.

These are the names that define us and in the end is that worth millions upon millions of dollars?....yes it is but Sony has better things to do than have a service changing peoples names every 3.2 seconds.

You chose the name now live with it or start over and throw away all your trophies simply for a new name.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

been almost 8 years... and not a word about name change or anything, there is no more hope. not going to happen tomorrow. next month, next year.. ever.... ; _ ;