Final Fantasy XII Remaster announced, coming 2017

Nice! I've never really played a FF game before and this together with the FF7 remake might get me into playing more of the FF games and liking them :)

Play FFX! It's my favorite game in the series, though the trophy list is really frustrating! Only FF game I didn't really enjoy playing was Type-0.

• Like 1

Hmm, the site doesn't say anything about that, I wonder where they got that info from.

As the text is only available as an image I have to rely on sources like the tweet but it seems that the info is somewhere on that page (I can't read any japanese). But it seems like Gematsu also added the info and they are a reliable source and Sal (the admin and owner) wouldn't add info he wasn't able to verify on his own.

I was hoping for a ps3 version too since the day square enix announced the HD remaster of FF X & X-2, even though I knew that it won't gonna be for ps3 and I was right...

oh well, no one gonna know what'll happen in the next year I might finally get a ps4??

FF XII is my most favorite game in the franchise I was this close to get everything in the game, there are these two very cheap hidden bosses that I couldn't beat i forgot their names but I think one of them is a dragon in an old colosseum and the next one is a floating monster that at the end of the battle it'll use one of the cheapest move ever in video game history, it basically give himself an invincibility from anything!!

I got bored trying to beat these two and finish the game, but when I decided to give it another go my ps2 died.

"Improved faster speed mode".... I guess this is one of the many cheats they will add? Hopefully it isn't a whole lot more than that. I'm totally fine with speedhack, but not so okay with stuff that encourage you to simply not play the game.

I never got that into FFXII to be honest, didn't really like it that much. Got the game on PS2 still. This might motivate me to play it some more! :)

Meh, XII is not one of my favorites. The only fun thing about it are the marks, and at the end of it you have one hell of a trolling.

At least this gets me closer to my IX remaster.

There's really no excuse they haven't released FFIX and FFVIII for PS4 yet. :P They just released FFIX for android FFS, though with game breaking cheats. I just hope they don't do that when they finally release the game on PS4, or at the very least disables trophies when you activate things like max level or max gil cheats...

• Like 1

As the text is only available as an image I have to rely on sources like the tweet but it seems that the info is somewhere on that page (I can't read any japanese). But it seems like Gematsu also added the info and they are a reliable source and Sal (the admin and owner) wouldn't add info he wasn't able to verify on his own.

I did read everything on the page and there's no mention of Japanese/English audio, so I'm thinking it's from a different source.

UPDATE: Did a quick search on google and found an article on Famitsu that mentions the option to switch between Japanese and English audio in-game.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201606/06107465.html

Edited by ShadowReplicant
  • Like 1

"Improved faster speed mode".... I guess this is one of the many cheats they will add? Hopefully it isn't a whole lot more than that. I'm totally fine with speedhack, but not so okay with stuff that encourage you to simply not play the game.

Turbo mode was already in the original IZJS!

Edited by Lance_87

Japanese voices? Yes. We don't have to bother with the English Audio.

FFXII was not my /favourite/. But I did enjoy it, so why not enjoy it again, but speced up?

But the English audio is some of the best in the business. They used actual theatre actors instead of just standard VA's doing flat reads. 

• Like 1

But the English audio is some of the best in the business. They used actual theatre actors instead of just standard VA's doing flat reads. 

I've always liked Japanese audio over English, reading the text and listening to the voices get me so much more immersed.

But, saying that. I'll probably use English, see how it goes. If it's not my thing, then japanese! It's too bad that wasn't an option in FFX.

Really good news, XII is an underrated gem of a game, although I can understand why it 'split-the-camp' a little.   Gambit system was a joy once you got a handle on it, and the licence board was a decent take on the sphere grid.   Farming will be fun lol, once again fighting bombs on a bridge to get Yagyu darkblades to drop, then on to Yiazmat, oh yeah...   Gilgamesh, the greatest swordsman in all of Ivalice ahahahah   Great game, really worth giving it a go, or a second chance!  :P