What do you think of PSN+?

BlazinShadow1

Just a quick question if i buy the psn+ for a year and download the free games do i get to keep them forever or do i have to have psn+ all the time to use them ??

Yes, you have to have an active PS+ subscription to play the free games you recieve. Any discounted items and all the free themes and avatars are yours to keep even if you don't renew to the service.

Spend a minute to read the other posts in this thread and you'll learn what you ask.

Or, in the time it took for you to write that, you could have answered his question.

Parker

• Like 2

I think it's worth it for the discounts and cloud storage alone...mostly the cloud storage since they upgraded it to 1GB, but that's mainly because I have so many PS3/PSN games. Most of the time, Sega games will have discounts, which works out wonderfully for me. I might not have gotten Hell Yeah if I wasn't enticed by the Plus discount, and I really enjoyed that game.

So I guess I'm fine with US not getting many good Plus games (even though I enjoy DD Neon and Scott Pilgrim), but if Sony gives us the kind of games EU gets, that's all the better.

I think it's great, but does anyone have issues with the automatic daily cloud sync? If I have this set to 'on' whenever i turn my PS3 on it always tells me it wasn't turned off properly last time it was used. So it's turning itself on to sync, but not turning off properly. I've turned it off (the automatic sync), but now I'm not getting the most from my subscription. Any ideas?

AeroSpark.png

I think it's great, but does anyone have issues with the automatic daily cloud sync? If I have this set to 'on' whenever i turn my PS3 on it always tells me it wasn't turned off properly last time it was used. So it's turning itself on to sync, but not turning off properly. I've turned it off (the automatic sync), but now I'm not getting the most from my subscription. Any ideas?

I dunno if the time you set it for matters, but I don't set it for a time I use my PS3 heavily. I have it set for 2-4PM, which I'm no longer home at that hour, but whenever I turn it on when I get home, it's updated, no problems. So I'd try to set it for a time you're not using it, see if that helps.

Last month I renewed my subscription, even though I still had time until May 2013.

Suffice to say, I'm a big fan of PS Plus.

PS Plus already helped my Trophy collection by giving me three Platinum trophies basically for free (Darksiders, inFamous 2, Trine 2).

Only one complaint: Too many free games for my little HDD (80 GB, still planning to upgrade).

+1 for Love it!

PS+ is a great product worth every penny. I originally signed up for the cloud storage. Each new game/theme/avatar that I get is simply a bonus IMO. There are several cool features and the program seems to be worked on frequently. I don't think i'll ever cancel... it just has a great value.

• Like 2

Depends on how many games you have. I remember that when I bought my PS+ I had most of the game on my shelves (Borderlands, Infamous 2, RDR and so on). But then they went with that sale when you could buy a 1-year membership for 40$ or something (don't know how much was it in $, cuz I use another currency) so I just couldn't skip that occasion and I'm content with having it. Bulletstorm is coming out soon, got myself every little game there and I will probably download RE5: Gold Edition when it will be out so I will have all DLCs as well (even though I have RE5 on physical disk).

So yeah it's cool.

I personally don't like PS+, I see it as waste of money for me (this doesn't mean I think it's a waste of money for everyone though). The discounts Australia gets through PS+ are laughable at best due to the exorbitant prices we pay, even with the discount, we end up paying more than the U.K. and the U.S. do without the aforementioned discount. As for the free games, none have ever been of interest to me (I already have KOF XIII so that one doesn't really count). I'm basically saying PS+ isn't something for me, and I've never seen any offers that would that make me change my mind about it.

3 years of PSN+?

I actually started 30 days before then, but I bought a 1 year + 3 months subscription straight after :)

Then I bought another 12 months when the 25% discount was going a few weeks ago.. Then last week I got another 12 months for free because of my awesomeness :D

AND WHERE THE - DOES IT CONTAIN THE WORD 'NETWORK' IN 'PLAYSTATION PLUS'?

Gah! :P

You have no clue what you're talking about. Just because you don't like fighters doesn't mean anything. Everyone has different tastes.

This thread said what do YOU think of PS+, and I think U.S has been getting crap, excluding borderlands, for months now. Sorry not everyone agrees with you. Oh and by the way thanks for your input, i'll remember to post for the whole PS+ community next time i state my opinion!

This thread said what do YOU think of PS+, and I think U.S has been getting crap, excluding borderlands, for months now. Sorry not everyone agrees with you. Oh and by the way thanks for your input, i'll remember to post for the whole PS+ community next time i state my opinion!

I understand that folks are entitled to their opinion, but you can still post in here that's not ignorant (the part in your quote I put in bold). There's a reason why the KOF series has been around for close to 20 years. Not a fan of the series at all, but that's clearly an accomplishment.

I'm a fairly new PS3 owner, but got Plus-- very well worth it, love the benefits! I've been a Xbox Live Gold member for years now, and while I don't want to start a console war (I have no brand loyalty and love my PS3, 360, and Wii; each has things it is better for me than the others on) I definitely prefer the PS3's premium membership system to the 360's.