Battlefield or Call of Duty. What will you be preordering

DF007gamer

I am 100% getting Battlefield One but I am still unsure on Infinite Warfare.

The gameplay impressed me that was shown at Playstation E3 but not enough to sell it to me. Need to see the Multiplayer reveal and then I will make my decision. 

• Like 1

Call of duty BF has less everything compared to CoD.

This quote was HYSTERICAL! I can't think of a single year this has been true. Battlefield always has larger maps and more vehicles. In fact, aside from single player, has CoD ever had vehicles in MP?

That being said, I am gonna pass on both. Used to be a BF fanboy but I think this is the year that franchise "jumps the shark".

Btw, I too used to be against pre ordering. UNTIL this year when Amazon Prime started to give 20% off of preorders. Nothing like getting Dark Souls 3 Day One Edition,at release for $47 delivered to your door:)

• Like 1

I am 100% getting Battlefield One but I am still unsure on Infinite Warfare.

The gameplay impressed me that was shown at Playstation E3 but not enough to sell it to me. Need to see the Multiplayer reveal and then I will make my decision. 

Haven't seen any COD multiplayer and that should be a worrying factor. Need to see some Multiplayer before I cancel my COD

I wouldn't necessarily call pre-ordering dumb. Well at least not in the GameStop sense. If you're pre-ordering digitally where you have to pay full price and there's no or bad refund policies than I think it's kind of dumb. At least with GameStop it gives you a way to basically layaway a game and pay it off a bit at a time. As far as pre-order bonuses those are almost always not worth a crap. Plus if you decide you don't want a game you can always slide that pre-order money on to something else.

I've pre-ordered Infinite Warfare, but that's only because I want to get the Legacy edition and the Call of Duty 4 HD. Normally I wouldn't care about a remaster because I'd just get the old version of the game, but since it didn't have trophies I want the honor of platinuming my favorite Call of Duty considering I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but I loved Modern Warfare. Infinite Warefare at least looks like it could be some fun with all the space stuff possibly.

As far as Battlefield 1 goes and if I was just comparing it against Infinite Warfare by itself I'd probably have a preference for it, because I miss the World War era games and I'm especially excited to get immersed into a WW1 era game. 

Edited by Maddawgmax
  • Like 2

I wouldn't necessarily call pre-ordering dumb. Well at least not in the GameStop sense. If you're pre-ordering digitally where you have to pay full price and there's no or bad refund policies than I think it's kind of dumb. At least with GameStop it gives you a way to basically layaway a game and pay it off a bit at a time. As far as pre-order bonuses those are almost always not worth a crap. Plus if you decide you don't want a game you can always slide that pre-order money on to something else.

This is essentially my whole reason for pre ordering. I basically start paying for games early enough in the summer and treat it like a layaway scenario so that when October  and November arrive i don't have to shell out a huge expense at once. Pre order key chains, posters and art books are of no value to me.

That being said I have pre ordered both of these with the full intent to play BF1 majority of the time. I don't expect anything out of either of their probable 8-10 hr campaigns I am however interested in the BF1 multiplayer. Im in the minority of the community in that i believe that the WW II scene has been done to death (seriously look up the number of WWII shooters in the last decade from 2000-2009 there were a sh** ton and its not all EA and Activision), however with EA map style and the number of weapons that they bring to the table I am all in this time.

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 1

This is essentially my whole reason for pre ordering. I basically start paying for games early enough in the summer and treat it like a layaway scenario so that when October  and November arrive i don't have to shell out a huge expense at once. Pre order key chains, posters and art books are of no value to me.

That being said I have pre ordered both of these with the full intent to play BF1 majority of the time. I don't expect anything out of either of their probable 8-10 hr campaigns I am however interested in the BF1 multiplayer. Im in the minority of the community in that i believe that the WW II scene has been done to death (seriously look up the number of WWII shooters in the last decade from 2000-2009 their were a sh** ton and its not all EA and Activision), however with EA map style and the number of weapons that they bring to the table I am all in this time.

100% agree. Other thing is if a gamer has the intent of playing campaign only then it's a waste of cash preordering. If on the other hand you have the intent of putting many hours into the MP in BF and COD then its worth the bucks. Sometimes its a gamble preordering a game because sometimes the media "oversells the product or overhype". I've made that mistake before. 

DF007gamer.png

I've pre-ordered Infinite Warfare, but that's only because I want to get the Legacy edition and the Call of Duty 4 HD. Normally I wouldn't care about a remaster because I'd just get the old version of the game, but since it didn't have trophies I want the honor of platinuming my favorite Call of Duty considering I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but I loved Modern Warfare. Infinite Warefare at least looks like it could be some fun with all the space stuff possibly.

As far as Battlefield 1 goes and if I was just comparing it against Infinite Warfare by itself I'd probably have a preference for it, because I miss the World War era games and I'm especially excited to get immersed into a WW1 era game. 

I've got the same attitude with MW since the ps3 version doesn't have the trophies. Would be interesting to see what the trophies are going to be for the remaster MW . 

DF007gamer.png

This quote was HYSTERICAL! I can't think of a single year this has been true. Battlefield always has larger maps and more vehicles. In fact, aside from single player, has CoD ever had vehicles in MP?

That being said, I am gonna pass on both. Used to be a BF fanboy but I think this is the year that franchise "jumps the shark".

Btw, I too used to be against pre ordering. UNTIL this year when Amazon Prime started to give 20% off of preorders. Nothing like getting Dark Souls 3 Day One Edition,at release for $47 delivered to your door:)

Woo vehicles. Meanwhile cod is letting you have space battles and giving a remastered game. Hmm blow stuff up in a slow ass tank or blow stuff up in In a X-wing tough choice.

Woo vehicles. Meanwhile cod is letting you have space battles and giving a remastered game. Hmm blow stuff up in a slow ass tank or blow stuff up in In a X-wing tough choice.

The question is  can you use the spacecraft in the Multiplayer freely like you can any vehicle in the BF1 MP or is it only to be used during the scripted campaign sequence ?

• Like 1

If I get either it will be Battlefield unless CoD 4 Remake gets a stand alone. There's to much other stuff coming out to worry about either of them. I plan on getting a few pre orders tho. South Park, Dishonored 2, The Last Guardian, and probably God Eater 2

• Like 1

I most likely will be getting both. The new Battlefield looks amazing! And don't hate me on this but I think Infinite Warfare looks pretty good... I watched some game play on it and it seems really interesting (i'm more curious on how the online aspect will be then the story) and not only that but COD 4 remastered comes with it  xD so that's pretty cool!

Edited by demonoid321
  • Like 1

It pretty much boil down to one thing. If you like fast paced and small maps then go Call of Duty. If you like Bigger maps that involve a bit of strategy then go Battlefield.

Why i think Call of Duty is so popular is because it is extremely easy to get kills because of the amount of hits it takes to kill and obviously small maps whereas Battlefield takes much longer to get kills.   

I thought you might of been a COD fan boy from your other post but now im positive  :P. Extremely unlikely multiplayer will have spaceships but you know what else has space battles, Star Wars. Im happy you are getting a remaster but me as a Battlefield fan im glad we dont get a remaster. I just simply think multiplayer focused game remasters are stupid. 

Definitely Infinite Warfare, Battlefield 5 (or 5, or 1945) is being over hyped for a game that's going to be focused on Multiplayer, even more so I'm sure next year the premium edition will cost less than half full price. Besides, why wouldn't you? You get both a new type of futuristic game and a fully remastered great game that's set in modern times.

Edited by n0riginol