Dark Arisen Expansion

unstablefears

This game is great, glad to see that Capcom are making an actual expansion pack for it. Plus adding Speedrun and Hard modes, which I know quite a few people wanted Hard Mode.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/21/tgs-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-announced

Sucks that it won't be out until 2013 though. Will you be picking it up when it comes out?

• Like 1

ive been thinking about getting dragons dogma, and i might do that for my birthday. if i enjoy this game, i will definitely get the DLC :P

The newest PS3 Demo lets you play a mini "trial" of it, so you get to play the actual beginning of the game as it would be with the retail disk. You should check it out! That's what got me hooked on it. I don't have many Platinums but hopefully I can get this one. It's a good enough game that I won't mind playing the storyline again.

ive been thinking about getting dragons dogma, and i might do that for my birthday. if i enjoy this game, i will definitely get the DLC :P

I would say its worth checking out, but maybe wait a bit if your iffy, I am sure a price drop is in the cards. But it is fantastic, that being said, I really need to go back to it...

• 4 months later...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-8838-Dragon-s-Dogma--Dark-Arisen-Dated-and-Detailed.html

Capcom has released the first proper, concrete details for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, the hefty expansion for the sprawling RPG that takes your adventurer to the Bitterblack Isle, just off the Gransys mainland. You'll be able to export your existing character and save data over to the Dark Arisen expansion, with an array of new quests to tackle.

As well as offering a huge new area, new missions and enemies, you'll unearth incredible treasure as you face a new threat that's emerged from deep within the cavernous depths of Bitterblack Isle. Owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will be able to download the Dark Arisen expansion and obtain 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will also be available to purchase on disc and will include all of the content from the original Dragon's Dogma as well as the following Dark Arisen content:

• More skills/equipment/augments:
    • Level 3 Skills
      • DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master

[*]Over 100 pieces of new equipment

• All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns

[*]14 new character/Pawn augments

[*]New tiers of equipment enhancement

[*]And there’s more:

• Increased character customisation options
    • Item appraisal
    • Option to select Japanese voice over

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will also herald the arrival of a new, more intuitive menu system and easier travel around Gransys. These improvements will be retrofitted for owners of the original Dragon's Dogma.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on April 23rd in North America and April 26th in Europe for $39.99, as both a disc-based release on digital download from the PlayStation Store. Check out the cover art, trailer and screens below. There's 15 images showing the Elder Ogre and Strigoi monster in the gallery.

DDA_PS3FOB.jpg

med_DDDA_ElderOgre_01_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

med_DDDA_ElderOgre_02_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

med_DDDA_Strigoi_01_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

med_DDDA_Strigoi_07_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

April 23/26. Kinda pissed off that they're doing this, but I bought the game and knew they'd pull this again, so whatever, my own fault. Still, unlimited ferrystones sounds AMAZING, I always wanted to fast travel whenever I wanted. The 1K Rift Crystals will be nice too, but I'm more interested in the unlimited ferrystones. Also, the new content should be cool, since so far, the game's been neat.

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to this expansion.  I enjoy the game immensely, don't get me wrong, but you can only deliver hydra heads at an excruciatingly painful pace so many times before you want to stab yourself in the leg so that something different will happen.

Oh, and that black dragon at the end of the trailer looks intimidating as all holy hell.  xD

I love Dragon's Dogma, I'm almost there for the platinum (2nd playthrough, might need a third) 100+ hours put in the game and I got it on release day (pre ordered) and still having fun which obviously means that it is worth the money, now days $60 for a game means 12 hours campaign, no re-playability , and most likely a mediocre multiplayer (most games)....so yeah I'm getting Dark Arisen, no brainer. I'm wondering, will DD: DA have it's own separate set of trophies or will they be included as normal DLC for the main game??

• 5 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this. Can't wait to battle some of the new creatures, especially the minotaur. I'm also curious as to where the story's going. Who IS the dark arisen? And how do they inevitably tie in with your own character(s)?

Also, if anyone's interested in adding a new pawn to their roster, send me a friends request! I'm currently somewhere around level 110, I think. Be sure to include Dragon's Dogma in the message title somewhere! Oh, and no bigots. I like to keep my friends list tidy and hater-free. xD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still not happy that this didn't come as a separate DLC. I sold the vanilla game in anticipation of buying this... but with no new trophies, it's not jumping to the top of my backlog like I had planned. Instead, I'll wait for a nice price drop. 

I was pretty disappointed too. I still have the original so I don't really want to buy it again for a bit of an expansion that doesn't even include anymore trophies  :huh:

Looks like I'll be waiting for the next in the series, or Deep Down :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I played this before on when my xbox is still working but the only thing that annoyed me is lacking of fast travel. You have to do all the travellings on foot back and forth which pissed me. If there is fast travel on this one then I think I'll grab one. Can anyone confirm about this?

I played this before on when my xbox is still working but the only thing that annoyed me is lacking of fast travel. You have to do all the travellings on foot back and forth which pissed me. If there is fast travel on this one then I think I'll grab one. Can anyone confirm about this?

There is always been fast travel in the original one too, you just needed ferrystones and those purple crystals

• 2 weeks later...

Great game, I've been skipping it for a while, but totally recommended for those who like myself love action RPG. The only thing I dislike is the voice acting in general and the characterization of NPCs needed a lot of more work to look realistic. Nonetheless, a great game overall and I do hope it's the start of many more DD's to come :)

• 3 months later...

Does this game have trophies? I've been searching on a couple of sites (including or beloved one PSNProfiles) and I can't find it.

As far as trophies are concerned, there isn't any difference between "vanilla" Dragon's Dogma and Dark Arisen.  You might as well consider Dark Arisen to be a "Game of the Year" version of Dragon's Dogma.  No new trophies to be had, but you can earn all the "vanilla" trophies while playing the "expansion".