Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

New sales start normaly on wednesday afternoon so you have 29th and 30th.

:hmm: , I think you're right. I just only checked the date for the games on the current sale, which are listed up to the 29th, didn't bother to actually check the time though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I'm not sure, if PS+ will be announced in time. Also, kind of gutted that the EU sale is only on the 30th, even though chances of me changing games would be slim.

PS: Are the "impressions" from the games to be in written format only, or can they be in video format?

PS+ lineup will be announced tomorrow so it should be in time. Plus I believe Hemiak has said that he extended the deadline to switch games to allow people to consider the upcoming PS+ games, so it shouldn't be a problem if it has something that interests you.

Video formats, guest reviews, and who knows what effdeegee has planned? These updates could get very interesting and entertaining. Mine will probably be rather boring compared to the rest. Besides the normal thoughts and progress updates, I was thinking about ranking my games compared to each other, based on how much fun I had with each and updating it after every game. That's about it though, nothing special. I feel like I need to start thinking and come up with something special now.  :hmm:

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

PS+ lineup will be announced tomorrow so it should be in time.

[...]

I feel like I need to start thinking and come up with something special now.  :hmm:

PS+ announcement has been late before but I'm hoping that this is not that kind of month. I probably won't switch since an awesome new PS+ game I'll start anyways, I need this commitment to finally start some of these older games. Here's hoping for you all the announcement will be on time though.

And true masters write their reviews in iambic pentameter!

No news on EU sales or on PS+ games yet but I'm in doubts about whether or not I'm adding Dirt Rally to my list.

I haven't really played it yet (literally just ten seconds of the first race) but I'm thinking maybe I should use the list to force me to give it a real chance.

It's a great game to destroy a completion rate with as well... Seems to be very hard.

I've also purchased LEGO Marvel's Avengers and Transformers Devastation (technically, I'm getting them on friday) but I'll probably put neither on this list. Avengers will have to wait until after Star Wars and I don't know how long that one's going to take us (Might do Avengers after Star Wars story but before its 100% though since I want to trade on Avengers and with Star Wars I want to keep it). Transformers will probably have to wait as well seeing as I'm on Uncharted 4 now, Bloodborne and DOOM afterwards.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I've been thinking of switching one of my games with a Tales of game to my list considering i got all of em except Zestiria and the 2 Japanese ones.  And i've been wanting to get into the series but never really got myself so far to start the game. But now's the question which one should i pick. Do any of you have a recommendation?

I would recommend Symphonia as it has a better beginning than Graces and Xillia as it sets up its mythos nicely in the first twenty minutes or so and it'd be strange going back to a game with such stiff animations after playing recent entries, although that could be a good trade-off considering that Zestiria has pathetic choreography in most of its cutscenes.

I have all of the games downloaded or ready to be played and I'll keep my list as-is. However I'll be going against the grain and I'll be using guides for some games like Guacamelee! and Trails of Cold Steel as I'm pretty sure I could finish the former in less than three days and I don't want to miss out on any side-quests when it comes to RPGs. The rest of the games either have backtracking in some manner or NG+ so I should be fine being blind for those, and I would like to see what "emotions" David Cage made Willem Defoe portray or if he just let Defoe be Defoe.

• Like 2

Good that I still have internet issues at home so I'm not able to purchase and download new games from the european sale. (TBH I don't know if this is really good. :hmm: )

Honestly I don't know if I should really make a running order as I'm a person that barely sticks to such lists. I often decide which game I will play next after the current one and next day I void this decision by playing something different. So I guess I will just pick one random game each time. Or I just ask Random.org:

1. July 1-3: Mignight Club: Los Angeles (PS3)
  2. July 4-6: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
  3. July 7-9: Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3)
  4. July 10-12: La-Mulana EX (PSV)
  5. July 13-15: Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3)
  6. July 16-18: The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (PS3)
  7. July 19-21: Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
  8. July 22-24: htoL#NiQ -The Firefly Diary- (PSV)
  9. July 25-27: Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol. 2 (PSV)
  10. July 28-30: Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3)

Wow, that list has a great variety genre-wise. I keep it. =D

• Like 2

Good that I still have internet issues at home so I'm not able to purchase and download new games from the european sale. (TBH I don't know if this is really good. :hmm: )

It's got some nice stuff. Many titles on sale, most that I've clicked on are now on for better prices than they have ever been. Leo's Fortune, Shadow Of The Colossus, DmC, Submerged, Goosebumps, Crazy Taxi and Castlevania 2 are some games that caught my eye.

Don't know if I will buy anything in the end though. I'm getting more relaxed with sales; I've got enough of a backlog also thanks to PS+ and what I don't get now will be on sale again before long. DmC really goes on sale often...

Getting a little bit sad to see Touch My Katamari on sale though. That would be an awesome PS+ game.

Edited by BillyHorrible

It's got some nice stuff. Leo's Fortune, Shadow Of The Colossus, DmC, Submerged, Goosebumps, Crazy Taxi and Castlevania 2 are some games that caught my eye.

Don't know if I will buy anything in the end though. I'm getting more relaxed with sales; I've got enough of a backlog also thanks to PS+ and what I don't get now will be on sale again before long. DmC really goes on sale often...

Crazy Taxi is a fun game but the music on the PS3-version is crap IMO. I prefered the original tunes with bands like Offspring and Bad Religion. Still have the originals, too.

I also got more relaxed with all those sales. I already own most of the games that interest me and I also have a huge backlog of games I need to play. I still buy too much to handle it all but I reduced it by quite an amount in the last few months and I hope I can stick to this behaviour.

Getting a little bit sad to see Touch My Katamari on sale though. That would be an awesome PS+ game.

Touch My Katamari was already a PS+ game in late 2013.

I've been thinking of switching one of my games with a Tales of game to my list considering i got all of em except Zestiria and the 2 Japanese ones.  And i've been wanting to get into the series but never really got myself so far to start the game. But now's the question which one should i pick. Do any of you have a recommendation?

I would recommend completely skipping the Symphonia games. I played a ton of RPGs back on the ps2, ps1, and earlier, but somehow I missed all the Tales games. I bought Chronicles and was really excited for it, but it totally fell flat for me. As eff said in another thread, it's almost the exact same game plot-wise as Ni No Kuni, and I didn't much care for that game either. I ended up falling asleep like half a dozen different nights playing it, and finally walked away entirely. I almost didn't buy Xillia because of it, but ended up really enjoying X1, and I'll probably get X2 at some point. I know it's a lot of people's favorite Rpg ever, but it wasn't for me.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38829-july-igc/

Current IGC is now listed. Nothing for me, though I will "purchase" everything for when I get a ps4 and (maybe) a Vita.

I'll play Gat Out Of Hell and Call of Juarez but can't put them in here because I played other installments.

I know nothing about Furi but after watching bits of a trailer I will probably start it. Does not need extra motivation to start so it won't go on here.

Probably will never play the other three games.

My list stands as it is.

Having never played a Saints Row game, I'd like to add Gat out of Hell onto my list please :)

So swap out Magicka 2 in favor of Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell 

I think off the top of my head that Gat Out of Hell has some big spoilers for Saints Row IV if you care. Not 100% sure because I don't remember exactly, but something to keep in mine. It's a really fun game though.

I know nothing about Furi but after watching bits of a trailer I will probably start it. Does not need extra motivation to start so it won't go on here.

My list stands as it is.

I agree, never heard of Furi, but it looks pretty awesome.

Having never played a Saints Row game, I'd like to add Gat out of Hell onto my list please :)

Will do when I get home.

Looks like a pretty good month for PS+ but nothing I'm dying to play or makes me we want to change my list. Guess my list of games is final. 

I'm definitely going to play Gat Out of Hell and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood from that lineup. Don't know much about Fat Princess or Furi, but they look interesting enough and they'll get added to the download list to eventually try at some point. All 4 of those are games that I wouldn't normally buy but look like they could be fun so that's a good month for me.

All of my games are now downloaded and ready, except for Gran Turismo 6 which I'll hopefully download tonight. 

I would recommend completely skipping the Symphonia games. I played a ton of RPGs back on the ps2, ps1, and earlier, but somehow I missed all the Tales games. I bought Chronicles and was really excited for it, but it totally fell flat for me. As eff said in another thread, it's almost the exact same game plot-wise as Ni No Kuni, and I didn't much care for that game either. I ended up falling asleep like half a dozen different nights playing it, and finally walked away entirely. I almost didn't buy Xillia because of it, but ended up really enjoying X1, and I'll probably get X2 at some point. I know it's a lot of people's favorite Rpg ever, but it wasn't for me.

I very nearly bought Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia from the PS Store yesterday, but held off as I've had Tales of Graces sat untouched for around 3 years -_-  I enjoyed Ni No Kuni so the fact you said they were similar has made me want to watch a few YouTube videos and see if it's something I want to invest my time into :)  

I have Magicka 2 myself thanks to PS+ but I'll never play it on my own. Let me know if you happen to be one guy short when you start it.

If you want I can help you with the 3h co-op trophy in GOoH

Played it an 360 and bought it a few weeks ago again but didn't start it yet.

Just let me now if you want to play together.

• Like 1

Oh crap that's right thats like one of the two last trophies I need in that game and the reason I still haven't platted it because I never sat down to find a co-op partner lol.

Thank you :)  Will most likely be at a later point that I do the co-op/online trophies for any of the games I've chosen.  I think for the duration of this event I'm going to focus on the main story

• Like 1

Thank you :)  Will most likely be at a later point that I do the co-op/online trophies for any of the games I've chosen.  I think for the duration of this event I'm going to focus on the main story

No problem. Just let me know when you need help. Maybe I started it til then.

I'm loving that people are talking about working together already. I realize that with 3 days per game, mp probably won't be the main focus of most people, but it warms the cockles of my heart to see everybody talking about at least trying to work together.

Question about SSX mp stuff. Do you actually have to play with other people foe anything or is it just playing online events solo? If together, maybe I'll change my order so Billy and I are playing at the same time.

I think I'm going to try out as many modes for a game as possible during the event. Obviously something like Ico only has one, but SSX and Starwhal both have like 5 or 6 different modes.

• Like 2