Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

Yeah I didn't mean to come off as completely bashing it and indies or anything. Even though the PS3 lineup hasn't been great the past few months (in my opinion), I still consider it a great value and feel like I got my money's worth this year. Along with all the PS4 games I've added to my list, I loved that month with SSX and Far Cry Blood Dragon. It wasn't great, but I enjoyed Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Old school platformers are one of my favorite genres and it scratched that itch. 

Some of my favorite games have been indies like Shovel Knight, Rogue Legacy, Guacamelee! (those are indies right?). I love seeing great games like those or something like Rocket League in PS+. My comment was more about some recent games like The Last Guy and Savage Moon, that I have no interest in playing. Or 2 straight months of trophyless games, although I'll still try that Siren game at some point. Overall, still a good value and you can find some gems, just been disappointed in the last 3-4 months of PS3 games.

Sure everyone has to decide for himselfe if PS+ is worth or not. For me it's not about the games but about the multiplayer. I pay 50€ for a year and get games worth way more than that plus my online multiplayer and storage and great discounts (sometimes)

I just read an article saying that Japan have got Evil Within next month :D

I've bought 7 games during June so I bet one of those games is part of the lineup, especially as I buy games infrequently as I like to wait for something obscure and weird from PS+

For me there's usually at least one game in the lineup, that I'm interested in. This month it was Siren Blood Curse, but I got disappointed at how bad the voice and general sound syncing was, that I only played one chapter and then deleted it. It just breaks immersion from a horror game, more than in any other game, when the sound is messed up.

Yeah, start or play other games if you want. As long as you spend a couple hours (or more) with each of your 10 games I can't fault you for working on outstanding projects or playing a brand new game you've been looking forward to.

Great to hear, as I still have ongoing DIablo 3 sessions with a friend of mine. Either way, it shouldn't be difficult to get a couple of hours of each game in throughout the day.

• Like 1

I guess my personal reason for PS+ are only the cloud save functionality for the PS3 and the additional discounts. Especially the cloud save is a must have for me as it happened at least twice that I lost a large bunch of my saves. I can understand that people are angry that the IGC feels a bit lackluster since the end of 2013 but personally I couldn't care less. 

• Like 1

Saw a few people ordering their games on dates so I ordered my games (for now) as well, I think this will help me with actually doing them.

My weekends are often full with other stuff so I'm glad we've got 3 days per game instead of 2. Another bonus of ordering the games beforehand: I can plan what games I have loads of time for and what games I just need to get done. For instance; the weekend of 23-24 we have one of our nephews over so if I even get to gaming at all it will be the age appropriate Grid and not stuff like Yakuza or Bionic or ZOMBI.

I may switch over to the Vita for Mousecraft and Flame Over instead of PS4 so I don't have to be in my gaming room but I can just sit in the living room or outside with my Vita.

1. July 1-3: SSX
2. July 4-6: Flame Over
3. July 7-9: Yakuza 4
4. July 10-12: ZOMBI

5. July 13-15: Chariot
6. July 16-18: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
7. July 19-21: Tropico 5
8. July 22-24: Grid Autosport
9. July 25-27: Mousecraft

10. July 28-30: Nova-111

On the one hand, I'm now really hoping for some awesome titles in PS+ so I can swap some stuff. On the other, forcing myself to do these games might reveal them to be fun after all. I have the feeling I should like this whole list but often I'm just not in the mood for any of these...

• Like 4

Well to be fair to my shitty list, I wasn't sure how many people would participate plus I figured early on doing something like this if I'm actually going to go through with it I'd probably have to play some shorter easier games if I was actually going to go through and finish it. But if EFD does the Lottery 6 I'm ready and willing and excited to do anything at all. I will definitely bitch and moan about it if it's like super impossible, but that's part of the fun right? Watching that guy post updates complaining about his hard ass game lol. (If any of those guys would actually go through with it)

1. July 1-3: Terminator Salvation
2. July 4-6: The Raven
3. July 7-9: God of War
4. July 10-12: Testament of Sherlock Holmes

5. July 13-15: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
6. July 16-18: LEGO Jurassic World
7. July 19-21: Megamind
8. July 22-24: Captain America: Super Soldier
9. July 25-27: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

10. July 28-30: Assassin's Creed II

Plus Terminator is like a right of passage for trophy hunters isn't it? Kind of like having 10 platinums of Sound Shapes (That I will never do. I'll eventually platinum the game once, but I hate seeing like a million Sound Shapes on a list lol).

Oh yeah and I was super close to not downloading Rocket League I look at it and I was thinking this game looks stupid I would never play it. But I was like meh its free lets do it anyways. About a month or two later my friend really got into it and it ended up being one of my top 10 favorite games of last year.

• Like 1

No downloading issues needed here... :awesome:

image_zpsmro5trfo.jpeg

Heavy Fire Shattered Spear is digital, btw. I was gonna take a pic of the stack next to the xmb image, but it turns out the game is so cheap, it doesn't even have one. :facepalm:

Oh man.. I'm REALLY looking forward to your reviews.

• Like 1

Saw a few people ordering their games on dates so I ordered my games (for now) as well, I think this will help me with actually doing them.

My weekends are often full with other stuff so I'm glad we've got 3 days per game instead of 2. Another bonus of ordering the games beforehand: I can plan what games I have loads of time for and what games I just need to get done. For instance; the weekend of 23-24 we have one of our nephews over so if I even get to gaming at all it will be the age appropriate Grid and not stuff like Yakuza or Bionic or ZOMBI.

I may switch over to the Vita for Mousecraft and Flame Over instead of PS4 so I don't have to be in my gaming room but I can just sit in the living room or outside with my Vita.

1. July 1-3: SSX

2. July 4-6: Flame Over

3. July 7-9: Yakuza 4

4. July 10-12: ZOMBI

5. July 13-15: Chariot

6. July 16-18: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2

7. July 19-21: Tropico 5

8. July 22-24: Grid Autosport

9. July 25-27: Mousecraft

10. July 28-30: Nova-111

For SSX, I have an alt account that has 50 terrible ghost times if you ever would like to use them for a certain badge/trophy. There is so much to do in that game that you probably won't even get to that section during the event. However, if you ever go back to finish off the platinum, it might make things a little quicker for you. Just let me know and I'll give you the info.

Again, it doesn't matter for this event, but man the online trophies in Grid Autosport are a long ass grind. Good luck if you ever decide to go for that plat. The good news is that you could load up some Grid multiplayer while your nephew is visiting and it'll immediately put him to sleep. :P  I'm joking, you might enjoy it if you really like racing games. I'm just so bored from the grind right now. 

• Like 2

Well to be fair to my shitty list, I wasn't sure how many people would participate plus I figured early on doing something like this if I'm actually going to go through with it I'd probably have to play some shorter easier games if I was actually going to go through and finish it. But if EFD does the Lottery 6 I'm ready and willing and excited to do anything at all. I will definitely bitch and moan about it if it's like super impossible, but that's part of the fun right? Watching that guy post updates complaining about his hard ass game lol. (If any of those guys would actually go through with it.

It's not that your list is all bad (GoW and Ass Creed 2 are very good games) it was that you could (conceivably) finish all 10 games within the month, which kind of defeats the purpose. :) I probably would have started with one of the "longer" games, so if you finished a shorter one later you could go back and work on it. I don't have near the amount of time to finish even that list of games, but I wish you well.

I got into trophy hunting almost three years after I got my ps3. At that point it was way more cost effective to go back and clean up games I already owned. By the time my I heard about Terminator I was past the point where I would play a game for the trophies alone. I actually own Sound Shapes and played through all but the final level in "story" mode. I got to that point, decided I didn't really care for the game, and just deleted it.

BTW, as long as you actually want to play the games on your list it isn't shitty, even though most of the games on your list don't appeal to me personally.

• Like 3

I just read an article saying that Japan have got Evil Within next month :D

I've bought 7 games during June so I bet one of those games is part of the lineup, especially as I buy games infrequently as I like to wait for something obscure and weird from PS+

As clarification, Evil Within (Psycho Break) was PS+ for June in Japan.

• Like 1

For SSX, I have an alt account that has 50 terrible ghost times if you ever would like to use them for a certain badge/trophy. There is so much to do in that game that you probably won't even get to that section during the event. However, if you ever go back to finish off the platinum, it might make things a little quicker for you. Just let me know and I'll give you the info.

Again, it doesn't matter for this event, but man the online trophies in Grid Autosport are a long ass grind. Good luck if you ever decide to go for that plat. The good news is that you could load up some Grid multiplayer while your nephew is visiting and it'll immediately put him to sleep. :P  I'm joking, you might enjoy it if you really like racing games. I'm just so bored from the grind right now. 

Doing 1 laps on that oval track is so much fun right? :D I need to get back to this game at somepoint. i believ im at 190 or something.

• Like 1

Doing 1 laps on that oval track is so much fun right? :D I need to get back to this game at somepoint. i believ im at 190 or something.

Yeah an absolute blast.  :|

I'm up to 230 now but haven't made any progress the past few days. Can't seem to get online at the same time with my new partner lately. Not complaining though since I'll gladly enjoy a break to play other things.  :)

It's not that your list is all bad (GoW and Ass Creed 2 are very good games) it was that you could (conceivably) finish all 10 games within the month, which kind of defeats the purpose. :) I probably would have started with one of the "longer" games, so if you finished a shorter one later you could go back and work on it. I don't have near the amount of time to finish even that list of games, but I wish you well.

I got into trophy hunting almost three years after I got my ps3. At that point it was way more cost effective to go back and clean up games I already owned. By the time my I heard about Terminator I was past the point where I would play a game for the trophies alone. I actually own Sound Shapes and played through all but the final level in "story" mode. I got to that point, decided I didn't really care for the game, and just deleted it.

BTW, as long as you actually want to play the games on your list it isn't shitty, even though most of the games on your list don't appeal to me personally.

I'm pretty excited for Captain America it looks like an awesome game. I also super curious about Green Lantern as well. I also have the Thor game sitting somewhere or another lol.

Thanks for the tips and offer :-)

I'm not into multiplayer (except for a bit of co-op like Portal 2 or The Crew) and I stopped grinding for trophies, I now just play games for as long as I enjoy them - I'll get the LEGO Star Wars platinum, but Uncharted 4 definitely not, for instance. It depends on how fun the game is and how fun/long the grind is.

Oh yeah, got LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens today! Could get the edition with Finn and with season pass by trading in a few SNES games I didn't play any more. Already started it, I'll play mostly only for this thread myself and I'll play LEGO with the missus.

Going to pick up Mamorukun Curse! from the new PSN sale. It's just $0.99 if anyone is interested. Is it too late to add it to my list? Figured it would be perfect for this event since it's completely different than anything I've really played before. If we can still change, I'll add it and remove Super Stardust HD since it's probably the most similar game in my list.

Here's my final list and the order to be played:

July 1-3: Helldivers

July 4-6: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

July 7-9: Ducktales: Remastered

July 10-12: ICO

July 13-15: Mamorukun Curse!

July 16-18: Demon's Souls

July 19-21: Echochrome

July 22-24: Fallout 3

July 25-27: Gran Turismo 6

July 28-30: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 

Thanks for the tips and offer :-)

I'm not into multiplayer (except for a bit of co-op like Portal 2 or The Crew) and I stopped grinding for trophies, I now just play games for as long as I enjoy them - I'll get the LEGO Star Wars platinum, but Uncharted 4 definitely not, for instance. It depends on how fun the game is and how fun/long the grind is.

That's good and I think there's a better chance of you enjoying both of those games if you aren't concerned with the plats. Both can be a hassle and grindy.

I'm pretty excited for Captain America it looks like an awesome game. I also super curious about Green Lantern as well. I also have the Thor game sitting somewhere or another lol.

If you have fun and like the games, that's all that matters. I joke around a lot and I'm the type of person who likes to give my friends a hard time and enjoys when they dish it back in my face. That tone can often be lost on a forum though, so hope you didn't take my comments about your list personally.  :)

• Like 2

I think I've got the :platinum: & 100% for like 6 or 7 of your 10 games and I can tell you that Captain America is a good game. It's like Batman combat against robot Nazis. Green Lantern is also pretty cool, but generic enemies and repetitive gameplay hurts it badly. The constructs are still pretty badass to use and upgrade. :D

• Like 2

I think I've got the :platinum: & 100% for like 6 or 7 of your 10 games and I can tell you that Captain America is a good game. It's like Batman combat against robot Nazis. Green Lantern is also pretty cool, but generic enemies and repetitive gameplay hurts it badly. The constructs are still pretty badass to use and upgrade. :D

That doesn't surprise me at all. Not surprised even one bit.  :P

Going to pick up Mamorukun Curse! from the new PSN sale. It's just $0.99 if anyone is interested. Is it too late to add it to my list? Figured it would be perfect for this event since it's completely different than anything I've really played before. If we can still change, I'll add it and remove Super Stardust HD since it's probably the most similar game in my list.

Here's my final list and the order to be played:

Snip

Sure that's fine. You still owned it before the event started. I said we could switch out two games before the end of tomorrow so you're within that time frame. I mean it more for ps+, but who can resist a good sale? I'm probably going to play up Xillia 2, but I won't start it yet.
  • Like 1

I bought Trine: Enchanted Edition from the sale...doubt I will swap it in for anything though.  I'm still waiting to see what PS+ content we get

On a positive note, Naughty Dog confirmed that there will be no trophies for the new Uncharted 4 multiplayer DLC :D

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 3

Well, I guess I might put up my gameplan as well.

July 1-3: Far Cry Classic

July 4-6: Superstars V8 Racing

July 7-9: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL

July 10-12: Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires

July 13-15: Crysis

July 16-18: MotoGP 13

July 19-21: Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes

July 22-24: One Piece Unlimited World Red

July 25-27: Transistor

July 28-30: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

The games are the same as I listed previously, just changed the order a bit so that similar genres are further apart.

I'm not sure, if PS+ will be announced in time. Also, kind of gutted that the EU sale is only on the 30th, even though chances of me changing games would be slim.

PS: Are the "impressions" from the games to be in written format only, or can they be in video format?

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

The games are the same as I listed previously, just changed the order a bit so that similar genres are further apart.

I'm not sure, if PS+ will be announced in time. Also, kind of gutted that the EU sale is only on the 30th, even though chances of me changing games would be slim.

PS: Are the "impressions" from the games to be in written format only, or can they be in video format?

Feel free to make a video if you want. Creativity and diversity are welcome and encouraged. I might have a few guest reviewers help on a few of the games.
  • Like 3

I've been thinking of switching one of my games with a Tales of game to my list considering i got all of em except Zestiria and the 2 Japanese ones.  And i've been wanting to get into the series but never really got myself so far to start the game. But now's the question which one should i pick. Do any of you have a recommendation?

I also got 5 of those plats :awesome: Anyway i can confirm that Green Lantern is pretty fun game, but it gets repetitive at the end especially grinding those last upgrades. Can't say anything bout Captain America though since i still haven't played it. 

New sales start normaly on wednesday afternoon so you have 29th and 30th.

I bought Trine: Enchanted Edition from the sale...doubt I will swap it in for anything though.  I'm still waiting to see what PS+ content we get

On a positive note, Naughty Dog confirmed that there will be no trophies for the new Uncharted 4 multiplayer DLC :D

Oh crap there's a new sale I have to see what's in it!!! God they are really trying to give Omega Quintet away they might as well make it free on PS+ lol. Actually a really good list of deals for once. I have so many games there's rarely much on there for me to get. I get paid Thursday looks like a big chunk might fall into this deal.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Transformers: Devastation

Air Conflicts Vietnam

This War of Mine: The Little Ones

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Holy cow so many little things I want. ANd some good deals on games I've already gotten.

• Like 1