Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

Question about SSX mp stuff. Do you actually have to play with other people foe anything or is it just playing online events solo? If together, maybe I'll change my order so Billy and I are playing at the same time.

I think I'm going to try out as many modes for a game as possible during the event. Obviously something like Ico only has one, but SSX and Starwhal both have like 5 or 6 different modes.

No, you don't actually play with other people in SSX. The online modes are just things like beat a friends ghost time or get certain medals in global community events where you are just competing against other players scores for that event. It's all actually done solo, just competing with scores and times.

I would recommend completely skipping the Symphonia games. I played a ton of RPGs back on the ps2, ps1, and earlier, but somehow I missed all the Tales games. I bought Chronicles and was really excited for it, but it totally fell flat for me. As eff said in another thread, it's almost the exact same game plot-wise as Ni No Kuni, and I didn't much care for that game either. I ended up falling asleep like half a dozen different nights playing it, and finally walked away entirely. I almost didn't buy Xillia because of it, but ended up really enjoying X1, and I'll probably get X2 at some point. I know it's a lot of people's favorite Rpg ever, but it wasn't for me.

I thought Symphonia 1 was great. I haven't played the sequel. My favorite's still Abyss. Xillia is pretty far down the line... I liked Xillia 2's story much more, though, even with the whole silent protagonist thing. Hopefully, you do, too. :) But with out differing opinions on Symphonia and Xillia, you'll probably hate it. :P

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 2

I'm loving that people are talking about working together already. I realize that with 3 days per game, mp probably won't be the main focus of most people, but it warms the cockles of my heart to see everybody talking about at least trying to work together.

Question about SSX mp stuff. Do you actually have to play with other people foe anything or is it just playing online events solo? If together, maybe I'll change my order so Billy and I are playing at the same time.

I think I'm going to try out as many modes for a game as possible during the event. Obviously something like Ico only has one, but SSX and Starwhal both have like 5 or 6 different modes.

No, you don't actually play with other people in SSX. The online modes are just things like beat a friends ghost time or get certain medals in global community events where you are just competing against other players scores for that event. It's all actually done solo, just competing with scores and times.

Good thinking!

I checked the trophy list, have not given any of my game trophy lists a good look to be honest. I only see one trophy for which you need others if I'm correct:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1291-SSX/23-I-Aint-Afraid-of-Snow-Ghost

I don't know if every range can be accessed right from the start but if so I'll make sure to have some slow times on each by noon on saturday (my time zone: CEST). Don't feel like you'll have to have times for me by sunday though, I don't mind doing stuff like that afterwards.

Also, I caved and bought Leo's Fortune. Looks nice and I don't mind supporting the little man. It's a very small game though so I'll just play it on the side.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Good thinking!

I checked the trophy list, habe not given any of my game trophy lists a good look to be honest. I only see one trophy for which you need others if I'm correct:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1291-SSX/23-I-Aint-Afraid-of-Snow-Ghost

I don't know if every range can be accessed right from the start but if so I'll make sure to have some slow times on each by noon on saturday (my time zone: CEST). Don't feel like you'll have to have times for me by sunday though, I don't mind doing stuff like that afterwards.

That's the only specific trophy that involves a friend, but you will also need a friend to get several of the badges required for the "The Gold Miner" trophy. That trophy is get all the badges in Explore Mode, which includes things like beat 50 friend records, have your record withstand 50 challenges from friends, and stuff like that. The rest of the online is mostly placing/finding Geotags and competing in a lot of Global Events which doesn't require a friend or anything.

Also, I don't believe every range in Explore can be accessed right from the start. IIRC, you have to unlock each range and event using credits that you earn from other modes like World Tour and Global Events. The first area might be unlocked from the beginning, but pretty sure you have to unlock the rest. 

Alright after reading your opinions and opinions from other threads i came to the conclusion that i will start with Xillia :P

So i'll switch Fairy Fencer F for Tales of Xillia and i will also change Arslan with Legasista (probably).

Anyway here's my list now. This is not the order that im going to play them though.

• Bloodborne
  • Trillion: God of Destruction
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Ratchet and Clank PS4
  • Eiyuu Senki The World Conquest
  • Omega Quintet
  • Grand Ages Medieval
  • Onechanbarra Z2: Chaos
  • Stranger of Sword City
  • Legasista
  • Like 4

Just thought of something. You 2 could have a little contest while you all are playing SSX. See who can put up the best score for an event or who sets the most records in events that you both played. Something like that to determine the true SSX champion from this event. Just for fun of course.  :)

• Like 1

Just thought of something. You 2 could have a little contest while you all are playing SSX. See who can put up the best score for an event or who sets the most records in events that you both played. Something like that to determine the true SSX champion from this event. Just for fun of course.  :)

Spoiler alert: I'll lose. This will be the first sports game (not counting racing of any sort) I'm going to play since... I don't know but it was on the N64 or SNES.

On SSX:

For SSX, I have an alt account that has 50 terrible ghost times if you ever would like to use them for a certain badge/trophy. There is so much to do in that game that you probably won't even get to that section during the event. However, if you ever go back to finish off the platinum, it might make things a little quicker for you. Just let me know and I'll give you the info.

Putting these two together, I think it's best if Hemiak and me can just race against your profile, then we don't have to wait for each other and do double the work.

On the OP:
At first I was just going to ask if you could replace my old title list with the ones with the dates, for the ease of going to the OP to see my and other people's games on dates. Then I thought, maybe it's fun to put a calendar type list there, so we can see for a given three day period what everyone is playing?
Like:
July 1-3: Rach - Rainbow Moon, Billy - SSX, FDG - Child Of Eden, Markus - Wolfenstein: The New Order.

People who don't plan the order in advance can be added whenever they decide on a period's game.

On Bloodborne (and Demon's Souls too, I guess):

Bloodborne

Demon's Souls

As a recent fan of From Software (I miserably failed at Dark Souls years ago on the X360 but always thought I would love it if I would be better at it, and now I just started working on Bloodborne) I say it's awesome you are trying out a game like this. I thought the games were extremely difficult, but I was wrong. The games are unforgiving, but that does not mean difficult. Once you "get it", it clicks and it becomes much easier. It's just a game of trial and error. Many, many errors. It's about remembering what enemies are where and which enemies behave in what way, and finding out how to exploit their movements. Kill or be killed, over and over.  The more you know, the easier the game becomes and there's nothing stopping you from just grinding until you're overpowered - you can only start grinding once you get insight (see/defeat a boss, or get some secret item which I have now but can't recall where I found it)

My point is: make sure you plan this kind of game when you have a lot of time. I never played Demon's Souls but for Bloodborne I'd say that you need more than three hours to really get into the game. Last time I played (before I suddenly got Uncharted 4 dropped in my lap), I finally beat the second boss (which is the first boss that you can't skip). I think it took me more than three hours to get to the point where I even beat the first boss, probably even more to get to beating the second one. I've been told that the beginning of the game and the second boss are the hardest parts of the game, and indeed it feels so satisfying when I did finally beat those parts... I hope you guys like it too and see your games through to the end afterwards.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 4

Alright after reading your opinions and opinions from other threads i came to the conclusion that i will start with Xillia :P

So i'll switch Fairy Fencer F for Tales of Xillia and i will also change Arslan with Legasista (probably).

One advice:

You should play Xillia on one of the weekends if you want to earn at least one trophy in the game. It took myself about 15 hours until I earned the first trophy. The first story trophy popped at around 20 hours in the game. And it's nice to see that you play Xillia instead of FFF. As it's a typical Compile Heart-game you won't miss anything special.

I very nearly bought Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia from the PS Store yesterday, but held off as I've had Tales of Graces sat untouched for around 3 years -_-  I enjoyed Ni No Kuni so the fact you said they were similar has made me want to watch a few YouTube videos and see if it's something I want to invest my time into :)

Both Symphonia and Xillia are good games, although personally I prefered XIllia. Symphonia has a similar "cutsie" art style as Ni No Kuni, but way less polished, which is to be expected as the Symphonia games are older. Either way, in case you should get them eventually, you better be prepared to sink in a lot of time :lol: .

Anyway here's my list now. This is not the order that im going to play them though.

• Bloodborne
  • Trillion: God of Destruction
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Ratchet and Clank PS4
  • Eiyuu Senki The World Conquest
  • Omega Quintet
  • Grand Ages Medieval
  • Onechanbarra Z2: Chaos
  • Stranger of Sword City
  • Legasista

I almost picked up Legasista on the sale, What changed my mind were some of the game mechanics. Not much of a fan, that some of the items you can find in the dungeon are only available on the specific floor you found them on and the hole losing equipment when dying and weapons not having any durability when you first find them is counter-intuitive to me. As I personally don't like putting time into a game, just to possibly lose progress at some point.

On the OP:

At first I was just going to ask if you could replace my old title list with the ones with the dates, for the ease of going to the OP to see my and other people's games on dates. Then I thought, maybe it's fun to put a calendar type list there, so we can see for a given three day period what everyone is playing?

Like:

July 1-3: Rach - Rainbow Moon, Billy - SSX, FDG - Child Of Eden, Markus - Wolfenstein: The New Order.

People who don't plan the order in advance can be added whenever they decide on a period's game.

The calendar thingy could be a cool idea to have a nice overview on what's happening.

I've been contemplating, if I should swap out a game or two... but in the end I decided to stick with the initial list.

Also, am I the only one itching to start this? Maybe it's the excessive time I spent with GoW lately, that I'm ready to play some new games. Looking forward to this and my awfulness at racing games :lol: .

• Like 3

I'm not quoting people because you're all following anyways and I'm on my phone.

I can do the calendar thing. I won't do the entire event to start, but I'll add the games at each transition if they were planned, or as they're announced by people.

I know several people have made changes, or at least declared their order (not required) so I'll update the OP in a little bit with that info.

Oh yeah, and 14 hours until Helldivers. :D I'm not counting or anything.

• Like 4

I'm not quoting people because you're all following anyways and I'm on my phone.

I can do the calendar thing. I won't do the entire event to start, but I'll add the games at each transition if they were planned, or as they're announced by people.

I know several people have made changes, or at least declared their order (not required) so I'll update the OP in a little bit with that info.

Oh yeah, and 14 hours until Helldivers. :D I'm not counting or anything.

I wasn't following. But now I am lol I always forget there's a follow button.

• Like 1

OK, I think I've got everybody's most up to date list in the OP, with your first game listed.  Let me know if I missed or messed up anything.

Could you change my OP list to this?

Maddawgmax - 53.83%

Spoiler 

July 1-3: Terminator Salvation

July 4-6: The Raven

July 7-9: God of War

July 10-12: Testament of Sherlock Holmes

July 13-15: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

July 16-18: Captain America: Super Soldier

July 19-21: Megamind

July 22-24: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

July 25-27: Assassin's Creed II

July 28-30: Lego: Jurassic World

I actually might jump into Helldivers if I finish my first game early.

On SSX:

Putting these two together, I think it's best if Hemiak and me can just race against your profile, then we don't have to wait for each other and do double the work.

On Bloodborne (and Demon's Souls too, I guess):

If either of you want to race against my horrible times, the alt account is BStalk71. I'll try checking it later today but if I forget, just let me know you've sent it a FR and I'll go accept it. If you just want to race against my normal times (a lot of those are easily beatable as well) feel free to send one to my main account too. If you have a large friend list and several have played the game, beating 50 records can go quicker than you think since you can beat several records in 1 race. The badge of having your record withstand 50 challenges is probably the one that will require some boosting.

As for Demon's Souls, it's probably not a great game for this event since it requires a lot of time to really get into. I included it just because Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II have been sitting in my backlog forever and I really want to play the series. Figured this event might motivate me to finally start the game and then I'll go back and fully invest the time needed once the event is over.

Also, am I the only one itching to start this? Maybe it's the excessive time I spent with GoW lately, that I'm ready to play some new games. Looking forward to this and my awfulness at racing games :lol: .

You aren't the only one. I'm anxious and ready to begin. Finished downloading Gran Turismo 6 last night, so all games are ready to go.  :)

@Hemiak: Are you going to try playing Helldivers at midnight tonight? I'll try being online if you want. Not sure if there are any tutorials or how fast you can get into the actual game, but figured it might be good if we begin the game and experience it for the 1st time together. 

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

*snip*

July 4-6: The Raven

*snip*

That game is glitchy as hell, just so you know in case you ever consider getting the plat. You need to follow a guide to a T, and not every guide is correctly laid out. So you might want to do your research on how to go on about this one, as it will otherwise lock you out of getting the 100%.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

I left the house so I'm not quoting again

@Stalker, I'll see how I do before adding B as a friend. Thanks for the offer. And yeah, depending on when the wife falls asleep, I'll almost definitely be on tonight. If she falls asleep between 11 and 12 I can't promise I won't start slightly early though. :):highfive:

@Billy, shame you're staring SSX off the bat. I think it would be fun to post our experiences near the same time. Looking forward to your updates.

@Maddawg, I'll change it later when I get home. Def do your homework on The Raven like voodoo said. I know at least 2 or 3 people on here who have been screwed over by that game. One trophy particularly, though I don't remember which one. And you're welcome to join us in Helldivers when you're done trophy whoring. :P

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

*snip*

As for Demon's Souls, it's probably not a great game for this event since it requires a lot of time to really get into. I included it just because Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II have been sitting in my backlog forever and I really want to play the series. Figured this event might motivate me to finally start the game and then I'll go back and fully invest the time needed once the event is over.

*snip*

Demon's Souls might be a tough one to make reasonable progress, especially if you haven't played another Souls game before. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty straightforward though, and a blast to play (if you like the genre :P ). It's still one of my favourite games ever.

*snip*

@Maddawg, I'll change it later when I get home. Def do your homework on The Raven like voodoo said. I know at least 2 or 3 people on here who have been screwed over by that game. One trophy particularly, though I don't remember which one. And you're welcome to join us in Helldivers when you're done trophy whoring. :P

I'm one of those who got screwed over by it :lol: . Which is why I gave the warning, as the only way to fix it is completing it again on a different ps3...

I got my list on order now and with dates. Won't be playing much tomorrow though since its my birthday and i also have to work.

•  July 1-3 Tales of Xillia
  •  July 4-6 Trillion: God of Destruction
  •  July 7-9 Eiyuu Senki The World Conquest
  •  July 10-12 Bloodborne
  •  July 13-15 Stranger of Sword City
  •  July 16-18 Omega Quintet
  •  July 19-21 Legasista
  •  July 22-24 Onechanbarra Z2: Chaos
  •  July 25-27 Grand Ages Medieval
  •  July 28-30 Ratchet and Clank

One advice:
You should play Xillia on one of the weekends if you want to earn at least one trophy in the game. It took myself about 15 hours until I earned the first trophy. The first story trophy popped at around 20 hours in the game. And it's nice to see that you play Xillia instead of FFF. As it's a typical Compile Heart-game you won't miss anything special.

Don´t really care wheter i get a trophy in them or not. And i think legasista is even worse. I mean the least rare trophy is completing the game which is 17 %

And the only reason i put FFF out is because i already have Omega Quintet  but i wanted at least a JRPG for the PS4 , i still want to play FFF though especially since the sequel is being released in the west soon.

OK, I think I've got everybody's most up to date list in the OP, with your first game listed.  Let me know if I missed or messed up anything.

I guess there was too much blah blah around this list. Could you please change the list in the OP to the following one? Thanks. :)

• July 1-3: Mignight Club: Los Angeles (PS3)
  • July 4-6: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
  • July 7-9: Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3)
  • July 10-12: La-Mulana EX (PSV)
  • July 13-15: Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3)
  • July 16-18: The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (PS3)
  • July 19-21: Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
  • July 22-24: htoL#NiQ -The Firefly Diary- (PSV)
  • July 25-27: Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol. 2 (PSV)
  • July 28-30: Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3)
Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Snip

Dang it. I'm pretty sure I changed that, and then changed it back for some reason. That'll teach me to go backwards through the thread when I want to make changes. :facepalm: I'll get it done this evening.

Demon's Souls might be a tough one to make reasonable progress,

He might not get super far, but at least you get a trophy for every boss you kill, so it feels like you're accomplishing something.

I got my list on order now.

I'll get it changed when I fix Crimson and Mac.

Yeah, I've been itching to start this to the point where I've not really wanted to play anything else and kind of been undecided with games the past few days.  Managed to get stuck into A Boy and His Blob on the Vita yesterday, which has now been taken over by my US account.

I've checked my list on the first page and everything is correct ^_^

I could start in 3 hours but I don't know if I will do so.

I have the same problem like Rach. I only play Rocket League cause I don't know what to play till the event start.

@Rach: Would you recommend A Boy and His Blob? I'm looking at this game for a while now but I'm unsure whether I should buy it or not.

I could start in 3 hours but I don't know if I will do so.

I have the same problem like Rach. I only play Rocket League cause I don't know what to play till the event start.

@Rach: Would you recommend A Boy and His Blob? I'm looking at this game for a while now but I'm unsure whether I should buy it or not.

I only paid $2.49 for it, and I'm enjoying it so far.  It's a cute little puzzle game ^_^  It's longer than I expected it to be, let me play a little bit more before I'd recommend it because I imagine it will be long enough to the point where it becomes tedious due to the lack of variety.

This is my first trophy though on my US account, so I'm happy :D  Just look at its cuteness!!

12Lb153e7.png

Are any of the Helldivers DLC worth getting?