Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

I made a status update about it last night. The consensus is that it's possible but unlikely that it will still be going on Monday. It'll most likely be over in 2 to 3 days. :( I'll need to choose another game for the event now as well. Probably El Shaddai, unless something cool drops with plus.

Note 1) I'm actually planning on not looking at guides during this event and play it blind to get the full experience of each game. If I decide I like them and go back for the Plat, 3 to 6 hours isn't so bad to redo. This isn't required by any means, just something I wanted to do.

Note 2) I totally noobed up and forgot about a family trip we have in the middle of the month. I'll be gone the 10th through the 14th. I should be able to take the ps3 along, as we're renting a house in Florida. It shouldn't really affect my play time that much, since I rarely play during the day anyway. Just figured I'd let people know as I probably won't be as talkative during the period, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to synch.

1) I'm playing my games allways blind and only read a guide after finishing a playthrought. It's no fun to play with guides.

All my games are installed cause I have everything installed I have not 100% for.

• Like 3

On my phone forgive me if I misreaf but you seem to not have played the following decent to awesome Viita games that were on PS+ in the last two years:

You're eyes do not deceive you.  I have not played any of the mentioned games.  If you take a slightly closer look at my profile however, you might notice that I don't have a single "Vita only" game on there, leading one to (correctly) deduce that I probably do not own a Vita.  :)  I do have almost 40 Vita games from plus ready, just in case I ever get one, but don't hold your breath.  However, in the event that does happen, not one of the games you mentioned is one I'm excited about. :(  Flame Over, Olli Olli 2, Velocity 2x, Super Meat Boy, and Freedom Wars are the ones I'm most excited about.  I also have Geometry Wars 3, but I recently picked that up for the ps3, since I really want to play that.

Glad people are getting everything ready to start on time.  At this point it looks like the 10 we have will stand, though we do have 2 more days for people to throw their hat in if interested.  I'm also excited that so many people are just going to start the games and play through blindly.  I think it'll give a lot more accurate representation of the actual fun level of each game.  As I said it's definitely not a requirement, and I won't fault or penalize anyone for doing so, but for me, going balls out for trophies right off the bat can take a little enjoyment out of some games.

• Like 3

You're eyes do not deceive you.  I have not played any of the mentioned games.  If you take a slightly closer look at my profile however, you might notice that I don't have a single "Vita only" game on there, leading one to (correctly) deduce that I probably do not own a Vita.  :)  I do have almost 40 Vita games from plus ready, just in case I ever get one, but don't hold your breath.  However, in the event that does happen, not one of the games you mentioned is one I'm excited about. :(  Flame Over, Olli Olli 2, Velocity 2x, Super Meat Boy, and Freedom Wars are the ones I'm most excited about.  I also have Geometry Wars 3, but I recently picked that up for the ps3, since I really want to play that.

Glad people are getting everything ready to start on time.  At this point it looks like the 10 we have will stand, though we do have 2 more days for people to throw their hat in if interested.  I'm also excited that so many people are just going to start the games and play through blindly.  I think it'll give a lot more accurate representation of the actual fun level of each game.  As I said it's definitely not a requirement, and I won't fault or penalize anyone for doing so, but for me, going balls out for trophies right off the bat can take a little enjoyment out of some games.

Sorry, new to PSNprofiles... I went to your PSN page and filtered for Vita. Did not realise yet you could not let the site know what platform you played a multi-platform game on...

Luftrausers is for PS3 as well by the way, I played it on there. Enjoyed it very much.

I'm mostly playing blind these days anyways... If I enjoy a game a lot, I'll check the trophies after a first run to see what the developers wanted me to experience. I have zero trouble with missing a whole bunch of trophies. Still have to do that second runthrough of TLOU for all those different collectable trophies...

Seeing everyone writing about downloading everything to avoid connection issues and then having connections issues myself over the whole weekend... :(

I'm glad that I handle it like MarkusT1992 and have everything unplayed already installed (PS3 & PS4) or ready to load via PC & CMA (Vita).

No downloading issues needed here... :awesome:

*Picture full of awesome games*

Heavy Fire Shattered Spear is digital, btw. I was gonna take a pic of the stack next to the xmb image, but it turns out the game is so cheap, it doesn't even have one. :facepalm:

Are there games that actually require the Navigation Controller? Mine are still unused since I bought them back in 2013. But TBH, with the exception of Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Just Dance and Okami HD (which I prefered to play with DualShock) I have no Move-games. And I guess I will be the only one that likes the fact that you added JD2014. The track list is IMO one of the best, if not the best of the series. ^_^

• Like 3

Already installed and updated where needed, the games from my list. Except MotoGP, as I'll try to pick it up tomorrow. I doubt I'll be replacing any of the other games, as I have a feeling plus titles won't be to my liking, Possibly only something from the next sale, which would be on the 30th, could change things up a bit for me.

I made a status update about it last night. The consensus is that it's possible but unlikely that it will still be going on the 1st. It'll most likely be over in 2 to 3 days. :( I'll need to choose another game for the event now as well. Probably El Shaddai, unless something cool drops with plus.

Note 1) I'm actually planning on not looking at guides during this event and play it blind to get the full experience of each game. If I decide I like them and go back for the Plat, 3 to 6 hours isn't so bad to redo. This isn't required by any means, just something I wanted to do.

Note 2) I totally noobed up and forgot about a family trip we have in the middle of the month. I'll be gone the 10th through the 14th. I should be able to take the ps3 along, as we're renting a house in Florida. It shouldn't really affect my play time that much, since I rarely play during the day anyway. Just figured I'd let people know as I probably won't be as talkative during the period, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to synch.

I love this idea! It would help wane me off my completionist complex, but I'm traveling as well this month. And, the Tour de France starts Saturday which means my playing time will dwindle drastically. But if you do this in the winter months again, I'm on board!

Good luck everybody!

Edited by PerryToxteth
  • Like 1

All right, since we haven't had a sign up in like 36 hours I'll just lock in the 10 peeps currently signed up. (haha stalker, you're not getting out that easily.)

You still have all day tomorrow to lock in 8 games and then Wednesday to decide if anything on plus makes your tummy feel silly. I'll add the lists to the OP tonight, let me know if I need to make any changes.

Also, I think I am going to wait to start Helldivers. If the war is still going I'll start with that if not it might be later in the month.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

All right, since we haven't had a sign up in like 36 hours I'll just lock in the 10 peeps currently signed up. (haha stalker, you're not getting out that easily.)

You still have all day tomorrow to lock in 8 games and then Wednesday to decide if anything on plus makes your tummy feel silly. I'll add the lists to the OP tonight, let me know if I need to make any changes.

Also, I think I am going to wait to start Helldivers. If the war is still going I'll start with that if not it might be later in the month.

You could just link to the post instead to put all the lists in the OP. This way the OP isn't so full.

If there's anything fun on PS+ then for me ZOMBI and Mousecraft are the most likely to get dumped, followed by Flame Over and Tropico.

It's weird, here I was thinking a few days ago that I wanted more PS4 games to try but from my current list I'm much more excited to try the PS3 games. Probably because any PS4 PS+ game that looks like it's for me gets immediately tried out.

I might still just play these games by the way. This is about trying new stuff for me, should probably not be tempted by new PS+ games to drop some titles from this list, these have been in my PS+ backlog (much) longer.

Question: Is it okay if you start more games next month? Not just PS+ but I was planning on getting DOOM and I was not planning on giving 100% of my playtime to these backlog games.

I have to say, I love all the optimism that there's going to be something good on PS+ this next month  :ninja:

I like PS+, it's rare that there's not a single game for me. I like getting (small) weird games like MonsterBag or PixelJunk Shooter or Broken Age.

I should note that I started on PS+ two years ago when I got my PS4 so I never experienced those "good old days" people talk about, with less indies I don't know but want to try and more AAAs that I would have gotten years ago if I would have cared for them.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I have to say, I love all the optimism that there's going to be something good on PS+ this next month  :ninja:

That's because every month Evil Within, Watch Dogs and Ass Creed Black Flag are rumoured to be on plus. Then there's the rude awakening and everyone loses their shit over the actual lineup.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

That's because every month Evil Within, Watch Dogs and Ass Creed Black Flag are rumoured to be on plus. Then there's the rude awakening and everyone loses their shit over the actual lineup.

I just read an article saying that Japan have got Evil Within next month :D

I've bought 7 games during June so I bet one of those games is part of the lineup, especially as I buy games infrequently as I like to wait for something obscure and weird from PS+

Not sure if it's a "lol @" or an "aw poor" Maddawgmax. :hmm:

The list of games seemed fine to me (mind you, I'm a huge fan of lower quality games), but the exclusion seems acceptable because 1. The suggestions said not to include a bunch of easy, 10-hour games and literally 80% of your games are exactly that and 2. You have the July Backlog thing going on and it would be smart not to load up on too many events until you find your boundaries. ;)

Personally, I'm a "one at a time" kind of guy. It allows for greater dedication and immersion. :)

• Like 3

Oh wow I went to the effort of getting that picture so I could post it and he kicked me out of the event xD

It's okay I almost guarantee at least 2+ people won't even end up playing anyways lol

Awww screw it, rules were made to be ignored. Since you actually went to the trouble of a pic you're in. Well run with 11 and call it good. :)
  • Like 3

Glad to see an exception was made to allow Maddawg and his terrible list to officially join the event. Still not sure which one is worse though, his or effdeegee's games.  :P

I can tell this thread is going to drain my likes. I'm already out. Good thing it's starting right after The Lottery has ended. I would never have any likes to give if both of these events were going on at the same time.  :(

As for other games, I'm going to be focusing almost entirely on these 10 games while the event is going on. Depending on how far I get into Mass Effect 2, I might try to squeeze in some time to finish up that platinum. And of course the occasional boosting session for Grid Autosport. Been chipping away at that grind for months now. There might be someone who doesn't play their games, but it won't be me. I'm all in! 

• Like 4

Teaming up and making Helldivers our first game sounds good to me. I was tempted to go ahead and play it, but decided to hold off and save it for the event. Sure, it might take a few months for the community to win another war, but it will eventually happen. Plus, it'll probably take that long for me to go back and clean up these 10 games from the event anyways. Who knows, maybe we'll even get lucky and be able to sneak in before the war ends. 

I don't have a mic though. Know that's a dealbreaker (understandably) for some people but I've never bought one since I hardly ever play MP games unless it's required for some trophies. Let me know if that matters or not. 

No worries, I have a mic and I like to boss people around. :P  Only reason I have it is my dad.  He's a pimp when it comes to Christmas and birthdays.  He only asks one question.  "What is something you would like to have that you would never consider buying for yourself?"  One year I told him a ps3 headset would be nice, BAM!  Dad wins Christmas... again.  I usually use it when I drag the 2nd TV into the living room so I can hang with my wife as she watches a show, but occasionally I use the mic part for its' intended purpose.

• Like 2

Glad to see an exception was made to allow Maddawg and his terrible list to officially join the event. Still not sure which one is worse though, his or effdeegee's games.  :P

I can tell this thread is going to drain my likes. I'm already out. Good thing it's starting right after The Lottery has ended. I would never have any likes to give if both of these events were going on at the same time.  :(

As for other games, I'm going to be focusing almost entirely on these 10 games while the event is going on. Depending on how far I get into Mass Effect 2, I might try to squeeze in some time to finish up that platinum. And of course the occasional boosting session for Grid Autosport. Been chipping away at that grind for months now. There might be someone who doesn't play their games, but it won't be me. I'm all in! 

Snap to both the likes and the other games comment;  I only foresee me taking breaks from my games for whatever nonsense MP trophies they add in the Uncharted DLC on Wednesday and then ARK: Survival of the Fittest which is meant to be released on July 21st.  Even then my 10 games will take priority as I don't think I can cope with adding more in.

• Like 4

Haha, that's part of the reason I decided to keep Helldivers in my list. Not really in the mood to start Watch Dogs and I don't have much faith in PS+ having something interesting. At least in the PS3 lineup which is all I own, at least for a few more months. I've added a lot of PS4 games to my download list that I'm looking forward to, but the PS3 selection has been rather slim lately. I'm guessing another trophyless game this month along with some 8 year old mediocre indie that doesn't look that interesting and has 12 trophies.  :(

I'm very happy with my first year of PS+ games so far. Many games I wouldn't even have considered to buy like Rocket League, Xeodrifters or Unmechanicle and many more.

Rocket League is my second most played game on Steam with 212 hours.

I'm very happy with my first year of PS+ games so far. Many games I wouldn't even have considered to buy like Rocket League, Xeodrifters or Unmechanicle and many more.

Rocket League is my second most played game on Steam with 212 hours.

Yeah I didn't mean to come off as completely bashing it and indies or anything. Even though the PS3 lineup hasn't been great the past few months (in my opinion), I still consider it a great value and feel like I got my money's worth this year. Along with all the PS4 games I've added to my list, I loved that month with SSX and Far Cry Blood Dragon. It wasn't great, but I enjoyed Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Old school platformers are one of my favorite genres and it scratched that itch. 

Some of my favorite games have been indies like Shovel Knight, Rogue Legacy, Guacamelee! (those are indies right?). I love seeing great games like those or something like Rocket League in PS+. My comment was more about some recent games like The Last Guy and Savage Moon, that I have no interest in playing. Or 2 straight months of trophyless games, although I'll still try that Siren game at some point. Overall, still a good value and you can find some gems, just been disappointed in the last 3-4 months of PS3 games.

• Like 2