They haven't turned it off yet! Server shutdown supposed to be on August 31, 2016!

Ouch, some of the most imaginative LBP levels I've played were made by Japanese. I better go download them for offline play then. 

So, who's up for a boost xD ?

I'm very sorry to hear that the servers will shut down at the end of August....I only need the 25 wins trophy.

I have an active gaming session running for Little Big Planet VITA, been trying to get everyone's 50 plays that they need. Check it out. Add me on PSN and I'll grind out those 25 online wins with you.

It'll eventually happen to us. Like the Store closure on PSP, it happened first in one region and then everywhere else.

Well... yes. *Eventually* the world will end as well and take the PSN with it. What's the precedent for previous games that closed in one region and what amount of time before the other regions.

All I'm saying is until the news is given there is no logical reason for other regions to panic about all the rest of the LBP servers to close.

Karting had server problems so a closure makes sense. PSP for a plethora of reasons makes sense. Japan shutting down all LBP servers doesn't makes sense, but it seems like there is something that only applies to that region since it's the only announcement made about other LBP titles so far.

Well... yes. *Eventually* the world will end as well and take the PSN with it. What's the precedent for previous games that closed in one region and what amount of time before the other regions.

All I'm saying is until the news is given there is no logical reason for other regions to panic about all the rest of the LBP servers to close.

We'll see in 6~12 months.

Edited by Lance_87

Well looks like I oughta get The online trophies for LittleBigPlanet Karting then hope they're not too hard to do.
Don't even have LittleBigPlanet 2 yet but I do have the first game and LittleBigPlanet 3 for PS4

I could understand them shutting down 1 & 2 probably, but why shutdown 3 so soon?

Does LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2 or 3 Not have a time frame for North America yet?

Kind of hoping LittleBigPlanet 2 trophies aren't too bad either might pick up the game next week if this is the case.

Also if anyone wants to work on LittleBigPlanet 1,Karting and LittleBigPlanet 3(PS4 version) online trophies let me know.

Edited by Nightstream88

I had always thought they should make a LittleBigPlanet in 3D and when I got this in 2013 it was great and the online levels and servers worked on the digital version. I haven't been able to connect to the online servers since then though even with online pass. :(  Is there a way to save the community levels to the hard drive? Just wondering if it is like LittleBigPlanet PSP that lets you do that.

Does that mean if it hasn't happened in 13 months, then no one will ever have to spread FUD about this kind of stuff ever again??

I'll be sure to check back with you on August 1, 2017.

... does that reply even make sense? *sigh*

Edited by Lance_87

LBP and LBP Vita are lying in my profile like a dead C\B weight. I know that I won't ever get the plat, but I still need to bump them up to an A...

Don't know if I should even bother with starting LBP2. Doesn't feel right to just leave it in my library unplayed, and I do want to play the best community levels, but I just don't know. Soon this little dilemma will rival the "all these karige games that I love to play but won't be able to get the plats because of the one-two coop trophies" problem of mine.

Karting is going to be the only game from the series that I won't plat cause of servers being garbage.  I'm not spending money just to get trophies (you need physical copy to get online apparently).  This game will join the rest of games of shame with hardly any trophies I have.  I am working on LBP Vita though.  That online works.

Edited by captsplatter

The digital version I got on plus was not working online, so I bought a physical copy. The online pass code does not work and the save of the physical copy is completely separate of the digital, so basically I lost everything. F*** me.

*Edit* Forget it. If you go to buy online pass on the store it's free.

Edited by MateusIgnatiuk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 days left.. better get to it before its dead... ;_;

The online is already sorta broken -- I was able to connect more easily to people earlier last month.

I tried connecting to help a friend get their online wins and we could never actually connect to each other. At one point, it signed me out of PSN.

This could be my home setup, but other online games I've done have had fewer or zero problems.

I only had 3 online-specific trophies to get and I'm over at a friend's place boosting them. Got Get Gathering earlier, but on the way to getting Online Champ and The Adventures Continue and we played about 10-15 levels before we started getting the 'multi-player session failed for some reason' message. Taking a short break before trying again. We've got all weekend.

EDIT: It is done!!! After quite a few errors with my PodMate this morning I finally got Online Champ which meant I could continue The Adventures Continue by myself. All I have left to do for the Platinum is to complete and star the last 4 planets in story mode, which I can do at my leisure.

Edited by IronMask75

To those having issues getting online with online passes, the digital copy of my PS Plus version was recently re-installed and was connecting fine, with the occasional expected disconnects due to server issues. The problems may be with the country whose servers you are connecting or if you are obtaining the free pass from PSN, if that online pass does not match the region of your digital game (I downloaded the Online pass from my Download List rather than searching for it on the PSN store). fyi, my location is Australia, and these servers were connecting.