I need to talk about my profile!

Pavani_

So, i was planning on completing my profile 100%, looking at it, i don't think there is something blocking that, but the Afterbirth dlc for Binding of Isaac isn't what i would call fun, i really hate RNG in this game... getting every trophy on my list and not these 8, really bothers me.

I also wanted to create a psn account from my real country, i created a US one because back in 2013, psn was shit in my country.

Do you think it's worth abandoning my current profile for a new one?

This isn't really a topic fit for the Forum Games subforum. The Playstation Network subforum is probably more fitting.

Regardless, I disagree against abandonning profiles for the sake of "starting over". You've got a LOT of trophies; 95 plats and all. In my opinion, 100% completion isn't worth giving up all of the time and energy you invested into all of those. Wanting to create an account based on your actual country is a stronger reason I can actually support, but I still think that you've come too far for turning back now to be worth it.

• Like 3

I ditched my old account in April in favour of this one. I think it was worth it. I made this one Japanese because I have to relocate to Osaka soon. 

My old profile had too many bad games and bad platinums for my liking. 

These topics come up quite often. Most people say to keep going, but the OP doesn't always listen. I'd personally hate to lose all that progress, but you'll do what makes you happy.

Some people like their profile to reflect the entirety of their PS gaming career, while others simply want a clean profile they can be proud of. Nothing wrong with being part of the latter.

Edited by GIONAScm2
  • Like 3

I had the same problem as you. Back in the day there wasn't PSN service in my country so I created a US account and started trophy hunting there. If it were possible to change to my original country I would be ranked #3 in the leaderboard.

I would suggest keeping your account. You have almost 100 platinums and your average completion is good. I have no idea how hard is the dlc for the game you mentioned but you can take it as a challenge and put some hours into it. I'm also planning on going for a 100% and the biggest challenge for me is going to be SSFV platinum.

• Like 1

but the Afterbirth dlc for Binding of Isaac isn't what i would call fun, i really hate RNG in this game... getting every trophy on my list and not these 8, really bothers me.

What is wrong with you? Afterbirth is bae.

I would also advise you to keep going with your profile, 100% completion isnt as awesome in my opinion so you can ignore some games that are a a real pain to finish on 100% and as long as you enjoy your games thats important I think. If you have no problems buying games in US psstore thats also cool, the decision is up to you.

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742
  • Like 2

This isn't really a topic fit for the Forum Games subforum. The Playstation Network subforum is probably more fitting.

Regardless, I disagree against abandonning profiles for the sake of "starting over". You've got a LOT of trophies; 95 plats and all. In my opinion, 100% completion isn't worth giving up all of the time and energy you invested into all of those. Wanting to create an account based on your actual country is a stronger reason I can actually support, but I still think that you've come too far for turning back now to be worth it.

These topics come up quite often. Most people say to keep going, but the OP doesn't always listen. I'd personally hate to lose all that progress, but you'll do what makes you happy.

Some people like their profile to reflect the entirety of their PS gaming career, while others simply want a clean profile they can be proud of. Nothing wrong with being part of the latter.

I had the same problem as you. Back in the day there wasn't PSN service in my country so I created a US account and started trophy hunting there. If it were possible to change to my original country I would be ranked #3 in the leaderboard.

I would suggest keeping your account. You have almost 100 platinums and your average completion is good. I have no idea how hard is the dlc for the game you mentioned but you can take it as a challenge and put some hours into it. I'm also planning on going for a 100% and the biggest challenge for me is going to be SSFV platinum.

Do what you feel is best. Going for a perfect account isn't always worth it, though. Sometimes it's just best to walk away and be happy with what you have.

I would also advise you to keep going with your profile, 100% completion isnt as awesome in my opinion so you can ignore some games that are a a real pain to finish on 100% and as long as you enjoy your games thats important I think. If you have no problems buying games in US psstore thats also cool, the decision is up to you.

I think i'll keep my profile and finish everything! I don't know if there is risk of being banned for using accounts from other countries and that's what kept me worried 90% of the time... if something like that happens, i'll just jump to pc gaming, withouth the hunter part, i love getting everything in games, but it would be horrible to lose all i have because Sony won't let me change my country like Microsoft.

Thanks, everyone!

Edited by Pavani_

I think i'll keep my profile and finish everything! I don't know if there is risk of being banned for using accounts from other countries and that's what kept me worried 90% of the time... if something like that happens, i'll just jump to pc gaming, withouth the hunter part, i love getting everything in games, but it would be horrible to lose all i have because Sony won't let me change my country like Microsoft.

Thanks, everyone!

I also like getting/unlocking everything in games  ;) ​I dont think they will ban for something like that btw, I m sure there are many people using accounts from other countries.

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

No worries about getting banned for using other countries... Some people are just saying that cause they would like to change their Region as well, to get dem Gamerpics. I would advise to stick with your current one, cause it would be kidna wasted. Even if you would restart, many games you did allready can be catched up very fast like DMC4 in one day or so. The waste wouldnt be to real. 

No worries about getting banned for using other countries... Some people are just saying that cause they would like to change their Region as well, to get dem Gamerpics. I would advise to stick with your current one, cause it would be kidna wasted. Even if you would restart, many games you did allready can be catched up very fast like DMC4 in one day or so. The waste wouldnt be to real. 

The only wasted part are online games, single player like DMC4 can be done even without internet, and that's nice.

I also like getting/unlocking everything in games  ;) ​I dont think they will ban for something like that btw, I m sure there are many people using accounts from other countries.

I hope so, it would be sad lol

I think i'll keep my profile and finish everything! i love getting everything in games, but it would be horrible to lose all i have because Sony won't let me change my country like Microsoft.

I too thought about this nearly a year ago and came to this conlcusion: i stay with my profile to show for myself and others what PS3 / Vita games i have played... okay just the ones with a trophy at least, but that's not important here :D

I can't get a 100% profile because i don't own every game and some games like Fifa have unobtainable trophies... BUT i invested some much like hours and fun into these games i won't abandon this profile anytime soon... and you feel the same way i think :)

And regarding country issues: i wouldn't be bothered because i know a friend who playes always a US acc though living in Germany and that since almost 4 years :D

You should do it i ditched my account SwT-CarbonzZ i think between 85 and 90 % completion with M.A.G and GT5 my proudest plats and around 140 plats. After a while i made iTziConZz-Be above 95 % completion and 150 plats and ditched that to.

No im hunting trophies for fun on another still 100% possible and no more japanese games and stuff like that.

Thanks, everyone!

Many people have accounts from other countries, so don't worry.

i'll just jump to pc gaming, 

god no, i don't see the fun on just achieving 100% on a game and never having a playstation-exclusive platinum to like compensate all the effort that you have put into it.

i don't see how there might be "achievements hunters" on xbox and pc, only being able to achieve 100% on all of their games is like an nightmare  xD

so yeah i'm happy to be "trophy hunting" on playstation and having a ps-exclusive platinum with its image made exclusive for ps platforms which no other platform has :)

Edited by smellslikejavier

I thought about getting a new account because my psn was going to be xX-android-Xx but a glitch said it was taken so i said the hell with it and started deleting now my psn is xX-andoid-Xx please remember I had never played online before and no trophies at the time I believe but bad company was my first online multiplayer, after all the trophies and time i'm always going to be on this account.

Long live Playstation.

an account with 95 platinum is not an option for me to abandoned if you asked me, my original PSN account is what made my name on Playstation out there and i'll stick to it till the end, even if it's has crappy games... well i'm the one responsible for putting those games on my profile with my own will.

Thanks, everyone!

Don't worry, I made the biggest mistake on my current profile (which is ee28max). I mistakenly created my account as a South African region, when I am actually a French in real life. What matters now, is the GMT, which is the same.

So, i was planning on completing my profile 100%, looking at it, i don't think there is something blocking that, but the Afterbirth dlc for Binding of Isaac isn't what i would call fun, i really hate RNG in this game... getting every trophy on my list and not these 8, really bothers me.

I also wanted to create a psn account from my real country, i created a US one because back in 2013, psn was shit in my country.

Do you think it's worth abandoning my current profile for a new one?

In my opinion, you have worked so hard on that profile. I mean, 95 plats and you're gonna give it up? That would be the biggest mistake you'd ever make. It's a good decision that you decided to keep that profile. I wanted to make a new account on France (my national country), but I am proud for what I've done so far with 7 plats in my current account. In those 7 plats, I have WWE 2K15 and FIFA 15. If I decided to make a new account and play those games to plat, I won't be able to do so, because the servers were recently closed.

Edited by ee28max