Cheating to obtain unobtainable trophies

AbleArcher97

Some of my favorite games that I've been considering going back to get the platinum trophy for have online related unobtainable trophies.  I know that everyone despises cheaters and how they ruin online gaming for everyone but I was wondering what the trophy hunting community has to say about the ethics of hacking to unlock trophies that can't be gotten any other way anymore.  Is it acceptable to do this if I were to get every other possible trophy legitimately?  Could my PSN profile be banned for doing this?

• Like 1

Don't do it because it's not worth getting flagged for. If its unobtainable because of server closes due to the devs be wankers then they should at least GIVE us that god damn trophy. I would not call it cheating if the servers have closed. It's unfair on the consumer. But then again i haven't had a plat i was going for that the servers closed down. It doesn't bother me to miss out on the trophy to be honest. My final answer is NO i wouldn't call it cheating (i haven't done it myself) but you will get BANNED. Move on to some other game. Next time before buying a game see if the servers are up

DF007gamer.png

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

Don't buy any EA Sports game. The lag in online plus the fact EA closes their servers two - three years afterwards means few, if any obtain the platinum. Trophies tend to lean on "Get your fantasy team to the championship and win on X difficulty", or "Play X head-to-head games on Madden with another player, getting at least X points in each game". Utter garbage.

• Like 2

very bad idea. i wouldn't do it. sony won't ban you but you'll most likely get flagged on here. not much you can do about online server closure i'm afraid. it is also why it's pretty risky keeping a 100% profile because if you one day accidently don't notice a server closure or there is an un-obtainable trophy etc then you're screwed. get the 100%'s and plats in the games you can and ignore the rest.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 2

Well the way to go about 100 percenting a profile is ONLY PLAY SINGLE PLAYER games. I ruined that chance from the get go with Grand Theft Auto V. Unless you know a game will have online for a long time, like Uncharted 4, do not try to get a 100 percent profile.

Most people don't care, but I feel proud for being just under 70 percent completion and nearing 2000 trophies. Honestly in my view 100 percenting a profile is just not worth it, and I agree with Ulcen.

• Like 2

I wouldn't consider it as cheating honestly, because if you paid money for that game they should at least offer the option to still be able to obtain the platinum and if that's the only way to do it then so be it. But there is still a very strong chance you will be banned on the leaderboards here for doing so.

This is why I hate online trophies though.. They should at least release a patch to unlock them all for us if they close the servers.

• Like 1

Its totally your decision but what you want to do is outside of the game parameters to earn those trophies, honestly I dont see any fun in having trophies you didnt earned yourself so I would advise not doing it.

Cheating is legitimate.

Its cheating, you want to get banned for that avatar btw? lol

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

As said before, you will get flagged for hacking a trophy even if you cannot get in any other way.

I really wish trophy sites would make an exception for this though and white list unobtainable trophies so you can get them somehow.

Personally I'm not that big of a trophy hunter, I just want to have fun playing games, but when I enjoy a game and want to get the plat it really sucks when there's no legit way to get some of them.

Developers never seem to learn from that mistake of putting in online trophies. Just like Sony, they don't seem to care about trophies.

Cheating is cheating, plain and simple. If you get caught cheating (and one very simple way to tell is if you earn an online trophy after the servers are closed) you will be removed from the leaderboards here and your PSN account has the potential to be banned.