Batting 500 Questions

This is the last trophy I need in this game, and I have some questions about it.

1 - The in game tracker has glitched out at 100/100, and is no longer tracking my progress.  I have done somewhere around 200-250, and I just wanted to make sure that this was not going to glitch the trophy.  Also, is there any workaround for this?  I looked, but could not find anything.

2 - Can I run with my wife in an online game, having her run bounties in a different act, and have them all count?  This was confirmed on PC but not on PS4, from what I read.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.  This trophy is really boring me, but the wife still enjoys the game, so I may still finish it one of these days, provided it hasn't glitched on me.

Its not glitched i thought so to i have the plat it under a different menu where the boss etc are.

Wait, so you mean there is another place that is tracking the bounties, so I can know which one I am on.  I will have to look for that.

This is the last trophy I need in this game, and I have some questions about it.

1 - The in game tracker has glitched out at 100/100, and is no longer tracking my progress.  I have done somewhere around 200-250, and I just wanted to make sure that this was not going to glitch the trophy.  Also, is there any workaround for this?  I looked, but could not find anything.

2 - Can I run with my wife in an online game, having her run bounties in a different act, and have them all count?  This was confirmed on PC but not on PS4, from what I read.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.  This trophy is really boring me, but the wife still enjoys the game, so I may still finish it one of these days, provided it hasn't glitched on me.

1: I can't remember exactly where the 500 counter is but I know it is in the in game achievement list somewhere.

2: I actually tried this. By all means, have other people join you, but bounties only count towards your total if you are in the same room as where it is completed. Unfortunately, this means you can't be doing separate bounties and having them both count towards your total.

• Like 1

Completing a challenge that has a counter unlocks the next level of the challenge in the Challenges section (or whatever the section is actually called). To use the challenges for picking up money as an example, the first one is Scavenger and requires picking up 10,000 gold. Upon completing Scavenger then Spare Change unlocks which requires picking up 50,000 gold, with the previous 10,000 from Scavenger counting towards the new challenge. This applies to all challenges with counters such as the one for 500 bounties or crafting 100 items.

I believe the challenge for 100 bounties is called "A trip to bountiful" so you should be able to pull up the Adventure Mode challenges and scroll down past the ones you've completed and see the "Batting 500" challenge with your current progress.

• Like 1

Yes im 100% sure one of the different challenge icon has the battling 500 progress i was going to give up also till i triple checked all the challenge icons.

1: I can't remember exactly where the 500 counter is but I know it is in the in game achievement list somewhere.

2: I actually tried this. By all means, have other people join you, but bounties only count towards your total if you are in the same room as where it is completed. Unfortunately, this means you can't be doing separate bounties and having them both count towards your total.

Completing a challenge that has a counter unlocks the next level of the challenge in the Challenges section (or whatever the section is actually called). To use the challenges for picking up money as an example, the first one is Scavenger and requires picking up 10,000 gold. Upon completing Scavenger then Spare Change unlocks which requires picking up 50,000 gold, with the previous 10,000 from Scavenger counting towards the new challenge. This applies to all challenges with counters such as the one for 500 bounties or crafting 100 items.

I believe the challenge for 100 bounties is called "A trip to bountiful" so you should be able to pull up the Adventure Mode challenges and scroll down past the ones you've completed and see the "Batting 500" challenge with your current progress.

These were all correct.  I looked deeper into the list and found that I only needed 30 or so bounties to hit 500.  So I managed to finish them up last night.  I am happy now, I can go back to getting better gear with the wife now, because that was still fun :).  Thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You can complete multiple bounties at the same time in multiplayer, as long as you're in the same Act. Each player can go towards a different bounty area, and everyone will get credit for each completed bounty.

I did this solo..granted I played a few games with people where we knocked out a ton of bounties per game..but all I did in the end was go to act iv, and do the hell rift bounty..if its available..it's not in every game but 9 times outta 10, it's there..all you have to do is defeat the champion, usually right at the beginning of the second level in the hell rift in act iv..beat him..but before you exit the game, MAKE SURE TO WAIT for the saving icon to pop up and go away...exit the game, load it back up, rinse and repeat, it's really fast cuz all you have to do is run past every enemy until you find the champion and beat him..easy peasy, it gets boring but it literally takes like 20seconds each time

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just finished the 500 bounties today and received the platinum as well. I always did all the bounties in every single act. Collected the rewards for completing a whole act and started over again. Yes, this took me ages (about 10h) but it was worth it. 

• 2 months later...

Doing all of them in every act isn't less boring and sometimes very annoying when the quest marker won't show up for several minutes and you're running the wrong way until it pops and you realize you have to go back to the other side of the map. But with two people it was okay doing it, saved me 250 bounties and at least I got some ingredients for crafting if another class will be released.

• 6 months later...
On 8/21/2017 at 1:38 AM, dj_helyx said:

You can complete multiple bounties at the same time in multiplayer, as long as you're in the same Act. Each player can go towards a different bounty area, and everyone will get credit for each completed bounty.

I never knew that.  Currently at 208 so this will speed it up.  Thanks

• 5 months later...
On 2/8/2016 at 4:55 PM, Sir_Bee said:

Wait, so you mean there is another place that is tracking the bounties, so I can know which one I am on.  I will have to look for that.

Sorry for my english, I'm italian. 

The tracking of 500 there is, it's just under another "circle" of the "Progression wheel" of all things tracked (I think it's in the same one that says "Kill Diablo in Hardcore Mode"-

If you haven't find it yet, quote my message and I'll post you a picture.

When you'll find the progression of 500 you can try the method you asked on point 2) and see if in your game they're being added.

The game has no glitches on menu and trophies, just repeat (even the same ones) from Act 1 and you'll reach 500 faster.

• 6 months later...
On 8/21/2017 at 3:13 AM, Property_Damage said:

I did this solo..granted I played a few games with people where we knocked out a ton of bounties per game..but all I did in the end was go to act iv, and do the hell rift bounty..if its available..it's not in every game but 9 times outta 10, it's there..all you have to do is defeat the champion, usually right at the beginning of the second level in the hell rift in act iv..beat him..but before you exit the game, MAKE SURE TO WAIT for the saving icon to pop up and go away...exit the game, load it back up, rinse and repeat, it's really fast cuz all you have to do is run past every enemy until you find the champion and beat him..easy peasy, it gets boring but it literally takes like 20seconds each time

I can confirm this works very well, even though you definitely won't get a bounty in that area 9 times out of 10 (I'd say it's 50% at most). The Hell Rift has 3 different bounties (2 about killing champions, 1 about clearing the area) and they're all extremely fast. My character wasn't very fast but I still averaged more than 50 bounties per hour. I found it was far superior to Zoltun Kulle, simply because it can be tedious to find the specific bounty asking you to kill him.

It's also a decent place to farm the Skeleton Crew trophy if you need it. The only downside is that you'll find no treasure goblin at all.

• 3 years later...