Slingshot DLC withdrawn from PSN

fastflowdaman

Copy arrived today, can confirm that the Slingshot DLC from the HK store is compatible with BLAS-50353. As I said, it was a sealed copy that contained the Elite Soldier Pack as a bonus, but guess what happened when I tried to redeem the code... Correct, it wouldn't work. Well, well!

Facepalm x) Can you check two things for me? 1) was the voucher expired already and 2) can you redeem it off the US store instead?

The DLC being compatible across regions would make this IIRC the second or third exception at best, because according to spec content download always installs under a directory named after the Product ID (so a BLUS game can't find EU content since the directory isn't BLUSxxx but BLESxxx). I think it's plausible that the internal PID even on the Asia disc is actually US region (since everything XCOM on the HK Store is). If the voucher can be redeemed off US store that is definitely the case. Even delisted items can often be redeemed if you have the code for them.

Facepalm x) Can you check two things for me? 1) was the voucher expired already and 2) can you redeem it off the US store instead?

The DLC being compatible across regions would make this IIRC the second or third exception at best, because according to spec content download always installs under a directory named after the Product ID (so a BLUS game can't find EU content since the directory isn't BLUSxxx but BLESxxx). I think it's plausible that the internal PID even on the Asia disc is actually US region (since everything XCOM on the HK Store is). If the voucher can be redeemed off US store that is definitely the case. Even delisted items can often be redeemed if you have the code for them.

Be sure that I checked three different stores just to make sure :P

You are basically right about the delisted items, but firstly, this DLC is not even delisted, though not accessible w/o the game, and secondly. this is one of the cases where the voucher just expired with no further notice or expiration date.

Same thing happened to me with Darksiders 2 and the Argul's Tomb DLC. With THQ gone and Sony not being responsible (Sony is so rarely responsible for anything you could call them irresponsible, I guess), I will never get my DLC for free like I should (game had been new and wrapped ofc just like XCOM).

Edited by fastflowdaman

You are basically right about the delisted items, but firstly, this DLC is not even delisted, though not accessible w/o the game, and secondly. this is one of the cases where the voucher just expired with no further notice or expiration date.

It is delisted, few older PS3 games have a local mock Store instead of an actual online link, so items on the mock store never disappear unless the game is patched to lose them. Upon purchase the mock store then makes a call to the real PSN Store with a content activation request.

I have never used a mock store through the game and don't know if transaction completes for the items that are long gone from the actual PSN storefront, and if it does does it do so for all the content in every game that have a mock store. Sony generally doesn't delete any content even if the content page is removed from the PSN storefront, so in principle this could be a way to get a hold of them.

Anyway, thanks for being so thorough on this, I updated the PSA with your info :)

Edited by ars

It is delisted, few older PS3 games have a local mock Store instead of an actual online link, so items on the mock store never disappear unless the game is patched to lose them. Upon purchase the mock store then makes a call to the real PSN Store with a content activation request.

I have never used a mock store through the game and don't know if transaction completes for the items that are long gone from the actual PSN storefront, and if it does does it do so for all the content in every game that have a mock store. Sony generally doesn't delete any content even if the content page is removed from the PSN storefront, so in principle this could be a way to get a hold of them.

Anyway, thanks for being so thorough on this, I updated the PSA with your info :)

That explains why the "store" looks like the old store before the big update way back then, nice to know! By the way, things from those mock stores do seem to be still available, cause that's how I bought PvZ months ago, using the link to the "store" within the demo, when the game (and the demo) had already been delisted long ago.

Hi again all, I just wanted to confirm that the asian/hong kong disc version is compatible with the DLC still listed on the hong-kong psn store, for those of you that are thinking about buying it from there. That was a relief but i won't be supporting any more of their future games such as xcom 2. Over and out :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Bolo17_ said:

Thanks for the info, i guess i wont 100% it QQ btw anyone know why 2k delisted both game and dlc in the first place?

unfortunately they can't answer why it gets taken down. if wanting a reason licenses may expire. the publisher 2k did this before with the mafia 2 digital game and DLC (they put the game back up) but cant access the DLC no more unless purchased it before the delisting or if can find the GOTY Disc version.

Edited by kingdrake2

43 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

unfortunately they can't answer why it gets taken down. if wanting a reason licenses may expire. the publisher 2k did this before with the mafia 2 digital game and DLC (they put the game back up) but cant access the DLC no more unless purchased it before the delisting or if can find the GOTY Disc version.

Mafia II DLC is listed in EU stores. You must search DLCs' names. They don't appear as 'complements' in Mafia II's ps store site

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the annoying "repeated" question, but does anyone know if the HK DLC also work with the XCom Enemy Unknown Digital version from the US Store (I think I got it with PS Plus). I understand that it doesnt work with the EU version but maybe with the US digital? Or just with the Disc Version?

Otherwise I don't think I will finish the 100 %, cause I already finished the game 5 times and won't buy the game a second time (or a third time with the ps plus version) for the last percentage ;).

Thx for any answer you can give!

On 7/22/2018 at 0:13 PM, LifeIsSenseless said:

Sorry for the annoying "repeated" question, but does anyone know if the HK DLC also work with the XCom Enemy Unknown Digital version from the US Store (I think I got it with PS Plus). I understand that it doesnt work with the EU version but maybe with the US digital? Or just with the Disc Version?

Otherwise I don't think I will finish the 100 %, cause I already finished the game 5 times and won't buy the game a second time (or a third time with the ps plus version) for the last percentage ;).

Thx for any answer you can give!

Hong Kong's Slingshot dlc had worked with my US ps plus digital version of xcom eu. And also you don't have to play the entire game for 100%, simply load your save just before the final mission(or closest one to it) and play through the dlc.

Edited by dimonemt
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 10:33 PM, dimonemt said:

Hong Kong's Slingshot dlc had worked with my US ps plus digital version of xcom eu. And also you don't have to play the entire game for 100%, simply load your save just before the final mission(or closest one to it) and play through the dlc.

Mine is an EU account.

So if i were to 100% I would need:

- The digital vanilla game from US store

- Slingshot DLC from HK store

with these it would work on my EU account, just to clarify. I really want this plat/100%.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 5:35 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

Mine is an EU account.

So if i were to 100% I would need:

- The digital vanilla game from US store

- Slingshot DLC from HK store

with these it would work on my EU account, just to clarify. I really want this plat/100%.

Hmm. I don't see Xcom EU in US ps store anymore. It might've been pulled from it alltogether. It's still avaliable in HK store, however, alongside with free demo. So this is what i would do: i'd create HK psn account, get the demo on it and test whether or not it's playable on your main account. If it is, i'd proceed with full game purchase and then with dlc from HK store.

Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, dimonemt said:

Hmm. I don't see Xcom EU in US ps store anymore. It might've been pulled from it alltogether. It's still avaliable in HK store, however, alongside with free demo. So this is what i would do: i'd create HK psn account, get the demo on it and test whether or not it's playable on your main account. If it is, i'd proceed with full game purchase and then with dlc from HK store.

Good idea. I'll be sure to try it.

• 1 month later...
On 9-5-2019 at 0:54 AM, fastflowdaman said:

Did you even read the thread? It's been mentioned repeatedly.

Yes, yes I did. I got mixed up plenty of times reading EU thinking it stood for Europe, etc. No need for patronizing, lol.

On 9-5-2019 at 0:13 AM, Devil_Spooky said:

Short answer, no, you'll need a US copy.

Thanks!

Edited by Bubblyfishes

2 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Yes, yes it does though (; what else would it mean.

You seem to be a little confused I guess. No offense, just my impression.

People are throwing around EU for both Enemy Unknown and Europe, that's why I got confused. No offense taken, but think before you drop a comment, I'm not an idiot.

2 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Guess it's the EU = Enemy Unknown vs. EU=Europe that causes the mix-up :)

Yes sir, that's it.