Slingshot DLC withdrawn from PSN

fastflowdaman

Its been delisted from EU and US but asian psstore still has the Slingshot DLC, from what I know XCOM Enemy Within is actually an upgraded version of XCOM EU which contains everything but you can only unlock trophies for the XCOM EW by playing it.

Can you explain it better, Enemy Within has its on trophy list, how can I get Enemy Unknown trophys with that game?

Can you explain it better, Enemy Within has its on trophy list, how can I get Enemy Unknown trophys with that game?

You cant unlock trophies for XCOM EU by playing XCOM EW. XCOM EW contains XCOM EU and Slingshot DLC if I m correct and you can play it as much as you want but you wont unlock any trophies for XCOM EU.

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

Wait, what? So how come the DLC is available when the game isn't?

o_O Hong Kong is part of China, not Japan. Japan isn't part of the Asia region. It has it's own region (Japan) as has been since PS1.

The four first letters of the title's Product ID will tell you what region it is, the following numbers are more or less sequential from the very first title published in the region.

Edit: 

You cant unlock trophies for XCOM EU by playing XCOM EW. XCOM EW contains XCOM EU and Slingshot DLC if I m correct and you can play it as much as you want but you wont unlock any trophies for XCOM EU.

XCOM: EW is XCOM: EU + the two DLC packs + Enemy Within expansion, which was DLC and required the base game on PC. On the consoles they released the whole bundle repackaged, under a new name, and with a new trophy list.

Every XCOM title on consoles is released as a separate game with a separate trophy list, even if gameplaywise they have overlapping content (which is the case for XCOM: EU, XCOM: EU Plus and XCOM: EW).

Edited by ars
  • Like 1

The vita version (XCOM: Enemy Unknown plus) is just Enemy Within so the Slingshot DLC should be in the vita version as a main part of the story.

Edit: Nevermind. Since the vita version is based off of the Android/IOS versions Slingshot is not in it.

I have the vita version, I'll check it when I get home - but as far as i'm aware, the Vita version has everything - including all the DLC. The control scheme and graphics are based on iOS (lower texture and touch controls enabled) but the gameplay is the same across all platforms and the DLC was advertised as fully bundled - hence the (plus) in the name. I think it even has Enemy within in it as well - I'll check once I get home though

This sucks, and truthfully, this isn't the 1st time something like this happened. Time and Eternity is another example of it being "delisted" on the PSN. The only way to have it is if you got it from Plus when it was free years ago. The DLC for No More Heroes is another prime example.

@turniplord that's beside the point, really, and actually saying "they have same content" was the cause of similar confusion on PST.org x) People apparently do not understand trophies (which is an OS database) and game content are completely separate entities.

So for clarity, trying to be as simple and concise as possible: Slingshot DLC for XCOM: Enemy Unknown (and the game itself) have been globally delisted (except from Hong Kong). Unless you've bought the content previously, you can only 100% XCOM: Enemy Unknown by buying the DLC from the Hong Kong Store and owning a compatible version of the disc.

Regardless of content XCOM:EU Plus and XCOM: EW are considered separate games from XCOM: EU, and have their own platinum. Playing them won't pop trophies off the XCOM: EU list.

That is the answer to the actual question people have.

• Like 1

You had a feeling a specific DLC for a fairly innocuous game would be delisted? Damn son that's some clairvoyance right there.

After I found out that You Don't Know Jack dlc's were delisted, I felt very disappointed. In order to avoid something like that again, I made it a top priority to get all my games dlc's I need. Just have to be prepared for the unexpected I believe since things like this can happen sadly.   

• Like 2

Hi all, i've bought the slingshot-DLC through a new and second Hong-Kong PSN-account. It doesnt seem to be compatible with my EU-digital version though sadly. Therefore i'm hoping someone could clarify which disc-version I should buy, the US-version or the Asian-version?

I can't seem to find any info of their respective product ID, neither the slingshot-DLC or the disc-versions. Where is that info?? Can anyone say for certain which version is compatible with Hong-Kong slingshot? Don't want to buy bought versions in vain.

Thanks in advance, I would be very grateful.

Hi all, i've bought the slingshot-DLC through a new and second Hong-Kong PSN-account. It doesnt seem to be compatible with my EU-digital version though sadly. Therefore i'm hoping someone could clarify which disc-version I should buy, the US-version or the Asian-version?

I can't seem to find any info of their respective product ID, neither the slingshot-DLC or the disc-versions. Where is that info?? Can anyone say for certain which version is compatible with Hong-Kong slingshot? Don't want to buy bought versions in vain.

Thanks in advance, I would be very grateful.

DLC is only compatible with games from the same region, so you'd need the Hong Kong version of the game to play DLC from the Hong Kong store.

People say the DLC is also included in the XCOM Enemy Within version, so you could get that one if you really want to play it.

I don't see the game or the dlc anymore on the web store. Glad I did get the dlc because I had a feeling something like this would happen. 

I bought this dlc at the end of last year in my russian store. But this dlc is not working with digital version. Russian disc version required. So i called Sony support and they backed my money

FWIW in the Hong Kong PSN Store, Slingshot Product ID is for the US version of the game (BLUS30943) and the digital Product ID for XCOM: EU base game is exact same what GameFAQs lists as the USA digital release (NPUB31119). I don't know if this is a mishap. GameFAQs lists the Asian retail release as Product ID BLAS-50353.

If the Product IDs listed on HK Store are correct, the DLC isn't actually compatible with the Asian release but the US one. Obviously you'd have to have the US disc and purchase the HK DLC to verify.

No you can't. No XCOM has ever been released on disc in Japan, the game is delisted in Japan Store provided it was ever there in the first place, and the Product IDs never match Asia, regardless (Japan discs are BLJMnnnnn and Asia discs BLASnnnnn).

Thx for your replies guys, but what about what "ars" said as quoted above? Should I go for an asian copy even though it would seem like a us-version has the same Product ID code? If I'm going for an asian copy, where could I buy one from to have it shipped to europe? My first thought was http://www.play-asia.com/xcom-enemy-unknown/13/7059vrbut can I be really sure somehow that is the asian version that they are selling? Have anyone else used play-asia? Is it an ok store to buy from?

Thx again! And I won't buy Xcom 2 neither.

Thx for your replies guys, but what about what "ars" said as quoted above? Should I go for an asian copy even though it would seem like a us-version has the same Product ID code? If I'm going for an asian copy, where could I buy one from to have it shipped to europe? My first thought was http://www.play-asia.com/xcom-enemy-unknown/13/7059vrbut can I be really sure somehow that is the asian version that they are selling? Have anyone else used play-asia? Is it an ok store to buy from?

Thx again! And I won't buy Xcom 2 neither.

The only way to know if it's really the asian version is through the Cathalog Number (the: BLAS-50353). And as far as I know, play-asia.com is the best place to import games from Asia and Japan (but I never did so, so I can't really say from experience).

• Like 1

I bought a sealed BLAS-50353 copy off ebay and got me the Slingshot DLC from the HK PSN store together with flOw in order to round off the HK$80 (lowest PSN card available). Matter of expense altogether: ~€22-23 (~US$25)

Not in calculation: EU copies of XCOM EU and XCOM EW I also bought at some point of time.

edit:

[...] together with flOw in order to round off the HK$80 [...] just to find out that this shitty game has an Expansion Pack with one single trophy that I need to pay for of course. Good times.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

@Fastflow I was going to do the same play-Asia had Asian copy for $22, but found the US one worked, but let us know if your Asian copy works with DLC

@Jorge Not sure, but I think so, you can try it and see if not get disc version kinda depends on the digital one if it has patch 1.04

• Like 1

It should work with US digital edition too, right?

Yes, it'll be compatible.

Edit: this is due to the HK digital version of XCOM: EU being listed with the same Product ID as the US one was before being delisted, and that being the host page for the DLCs too. It's all interchangeable.

[...] together with flOw in order to round off the HK$80 [...] just to find out that this shitty game has an Expansion Pack with one single trophy that I need to pay for of course. Good times.

I'm looking at flOw product page on the HK Store and it's Product ID (NPUA-80001), that's the US digital release  :huh: I wonder if the vast majority/everything they sell there is US region.

Bad news is you spent voucher money to buy exact same stuff from China you could've just bought locally, and won't get a trophy stack either. Good news is you can get the DLC at your local PSN Store now....

Edited by ars
  • Like 1

Bad news is you spent voucher money to buy exact same stuff from China you could've just bought locally, and won't get a trophy stack either. Good news is you can get the DLC at your local PSN Store now....

It was just about spending the HK$28 that remained after buying the HK$52 DLC, and flOw happened to be on sale for HK$27.60...

but good to hear that I can combine the US/CA DLC with the HK main game, cause I thought I had to buy another HK PSN card just for that (and then find ANOTHER filler game for the rest of the value ^^)

It should work with US digital edition too, right?

@Fastflow I was going to do the same play-Asia had Asian copy for $22, but found the US one worked, but let us know if your Asian copy works with DLC

@Jorge Not sure, but I think so, you can try it and see if not get disc version kinda depends on the digital one if it has patch 1.04

Copy arrived today, can confirm that the Slingshot DLC from the HK store is compatible with BLAS-50353. As I said, it was a sealed copy that contained the Elite Soldier Pack as a bonus, but guess what happened when I tried to redeem the code... Correct, it wouldn't work. Well, well!

Yes, it'll be compatible.

Edit: this is due to the HK digital version of XCOM: EU being listed with the same Product ID as the US one was before being delisted, and that being the host page for the DLCs too. It's all interchangeable.

I'm looking at flOw product page on the HK Store and it's Product ID (NPUA-80001), that's the US digital release  :huh: I wonder if the vast majority/everything they sell there is US region.

ars, I just noticeyour other post. You can update your PSA accordingly (disc/digital solution). Btw, the Elite Soldier Pack istill available if you access thstore througthgame.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1