PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

On 3/14/2017 at 4:37 PM, Elvick_ said:

Persona 4 was added to PS2 Classics on PS3 after Golden came out though. So you never know.

yeah thats why i dont think itd be hard to do. Especially cause it has trophies on Vita. Just put it on a bluray, and have the Ps2 version of P4 using the GOLD trophy list, throw it on discs, and ship it out lol. 

also Star  Ocean 3 will be released in 2017 in japan on ps2 on ps4 classics. Western release is highly likely.

FromSoftware's classic PS2 RPG Eternal Ring heading to PS4.

maxresdefault.jpg

trophy set for PS2 launch title Eternal Ring has appeared on the site revealing the classic Action RPG from the

creators of the Souls series FromSoftware, is in fact PS4 bound. Unfortunately it does not feature a platinum trophy

but with trophies out it shouldn't be long at least until the game releases on the store.

Also an update on Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. It will be released in Japan next Friday, the 31st, so expect the

trophies for that to drop any day now as well. As for a release in the West, Square Enix recently renewed its trademark

for the game in Europe so it's looking likely.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

I just felt like mentioning this since it seems that some people are still unaware, but the PS2 on PS4 category wasn't removed, at least not from the US store. It was just relocated to a rather unintuitive spot. Go to Games>Explore and scroll all the way to the right. It should be there along with the All Games, Top Games, and Free-to-Play tabs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, godzillaboy100 said:

I just felt like mentioning this since it seems that some people are still unaware, but the PS2 on PS4 category wasn't removed, at least not from the US store. It was just relocated to a rather unintuitive spot. Go to Games>Explore and scroll all the way to the right. It should be there along with the All Games, Top Games, and Free-to-Play tabs.

As far as I know, we don't have such a tab with those other tabs (can't check now, at course).  But the online store has the tab there, but still, the store is still a pain to look through in finding what it is you're after at times.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I... don't even know what that Eternal Ring game is, never heard of it before.  When I saw the list, thought it was another stupid Steam game that managed to make its way onto the PS4.

It's one of the first PS2 RPGs to come out (2000). Too me it's a poor mans Final Fantasy.

40 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

As far as I know, we don't have such a tab with those other tabs (can't check now, at course).  But the online store has the tab there, but still, the store is still a pain to look through in finding what it is you're after at times.

Nope, they're right. Explore and then scroll all the way to the right. Very bottom tab is PS2 on PS4. I can confirm what they're saying (noticed it a few days ago but forgot to come mention)

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I don't know if the New Zealand store is the same as the European story but if yes than it should be at games --> explore and then scroll to the right. One of the groups of games is for the PS2 games. It's not in the list on the far right site in the European store.

6 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I... don't even know what that Eternal Ring game is, never heard of it before.  When I saw the list, thought it was another stupid Steam game that managed to make its way onto the PS4.

All I know about it is the box art is horrendous.

4 hours ago, godzillaboy100 said:

Who the heck works on the store? This is horrible design. Ugh. I swear the only thing Sony, MS and Nintendo truly compete in is who can have the worst Store UI and organization.

21 hours ago, Ditnopota said:

Nope, they're right. Explore and then scroll all the way to the right. Very bottom tab is PS2 on PS4. I can confirm what they're saying (noticed it a few days ago but forgot to come mention)

Nope, not for our store, did that, it's not there for us.  But there is a tab in the middle of the Explore area for it instead.  But hey, at least we have a tab for it regardless... even if I don't use that tab myself (I always just go and check the new release games myself)

6 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

For those that haven't noticed yet i just found Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life on PS store (EU) was under all games.

( @dell9300 )

Yeah both Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and Fatal Fury Battle Archives are out today in Europe/PAL countries. For NA Harvest Moon is out tomorrow. :)

Edited by dell9300

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

And of course, Star Ocean 3's trophy list is up on the site too :)

Yeah that's out on Friday, Japan only for the moment though but it's bound to come west at some point with the trademark renewed in Europe and the trophies also being in English. 

1 minute ago, dell9300 said:

Yeah that's out on Friday, Japan only for the moment though but it's bound to come west at some point with the trademark renewed in Europe and the trophies also being in English. 

Ah, so Japan gets it this week? That's still pretty awesome.  Thought we were also getting it same time, but ah well, no rush... gotta play Harvest Moon first after all xD

1 minute ago, Judge Judy said:

Oddly enough, Fatal Fury was released earlier. 

In NA yes, it was yesterday but in Europe it's today. 

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, so Japan gets it this week? That's still pretty awesome.  Thought we were also getting it same time, but ah well, no rush... gotta play Harvest Moon first after all xD

Well only confirmed for Japan at least but you never know, could be a surprise release everywhere else. Wouldn't be the first time with these PS2 releases. They don't exactly shout from the rooftops about them sometimes. xD