Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: PS3 vs PS4 comparison

Finozzi1696

No separate trophy list (without a platinum, obviously) for AC Embers, like the Kingdom Hearts movies? Shame, although to be fair it is a lot shorter than the Kingdom Hearts ones.

I really can't wait to replay all three of these games. They're all so great, and it's nice that the DLC is required for platinum. Hopefully that means more people will experience the Lost Archive DLC from Revelations, which I personally loved.

I've played the story DLC for all three games but I've ignored doing 100% stuff in Revelations and Brotherhood since I wasn't getting a 100% completion anyway, what with multiplayer and all. I've 100% completed II both on X360 and PS3... So psyched that I can go for full completions in Brotherhood and Revelations as well.

I've now boosted the multiplayer in III and I'm going to do the same for Black Flag on PS4, those are the only two AC games left with multiplayer and I now want to 100% them all. At least the main games, I won't buy the multiplayer DLC for Black Flag and I've already 100%ed the Adewale DLC as the standalone game. Only reason why I have the multiplayer DLC in III is because I wanted the King Washington DLC now that it was on a huge sale, and buying the whole season pass was only €0,02 extra and gave me some more single player missions as well.

I would love to replay these, but I told myself I'd stop buying re-releases until they're about $20. I am in no rush, and I have a massive backlog to work through, anyways.

I'm not into re-releases any more either unless I haven't got them for PS3 yet, but Assassin's Creed is an exception for me as it's among my favourite game series. I won't buy it though, I'm getting Watch_Dogs 2 on a pre-order sale and will be looking for someone near me to trade with once I play through it. Then this Ezio trilogy will join my permanent game collection.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Yay! I wanted an excuse to replay AC2. I was too lazy back in the day to platinum it (as I finished its campaign on 360) but now the enhanced graphics and the possibility of platinum the other Ezio games without the damned online trophies make this a must buy for me.

I'm a bit scared with the Lost Archive dlc trophies, though. Looks like it's painful as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes in some games of this form if they change some trophy or something, for me the important thing is to know the exact amount of trophies for the trophy 8000 that is the platinum of the ac brotherhood

Good point, I might just make it trophy 6000 for myself. I'll see it when we get there though.

In your case you have it a bit difficult but good you can do it,so I encourage you to do it,my priority objective 150 ac 2 and then trophy 8000 platinum ac brotherhood

I know I'm not near 6K yet but I'm not going to play the Ezio collection day one unless I'm done with Watch_Dogs 2 by then and find someone near me willing to trade.

I can also just play all the games and keep the final feather for when I'm at 5998 :D

Still not near 6K (still under 5500 actually) but I just obtained my 29th platinum... Perhaps I'll make AC II my 30th, and then I'll go on with the plans to make the platinum of Brotherhood trophy number 6000 :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's now listed as $39.99 on most websites but that is still too much for me. 

I wasn't too happy with the graphics trailer. I feel like they could of done more but instead the games only look slightly better as opposed to considerably better. 

Usually when games get remastered they see an increase in FPS, because they were made to run on newer sustems. Ezio Collection is still at 30 FPS, I'm not big nor care a lot on higher FPS for most games, but seeing more for these remastered games certainly would of been nice. 

If this drops to $19.99 I may consider buying it.

26 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's now listed as $39.99 on most websites but that is still too much for me. 

I wasn't too happy with the graphics trailer. I feel like they could of done more but instead the games only look slightly better as opposed to considerably better. 

Usually when games get remastered they see an increase in FPS, because they were made to run on newer sustems. Ezio Collection is still at 30 FPS, I'm not big nor care a lot on higher FPS for most games, but seeing more for these remastered games certainly would of been nice. 

If this drops to $19.99 I may consider buying it.

Check brickseek too see if any "Target" near you have it and use  DPCI 207-34-1634  its 19.99 at Target.

They removed the online purchase for that price but a in-store is 19.99.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

On 21.8.2016 at 8:49 AM, BillyHorrible said:

(SPOILER) Desmond was kidnapped by an evil Templar organisation for his ancestral memories and in the end Lucy helped him escape while Desmond realised that he was gaining the supernatural eagle sight of his ancestor, that's all you need to know

You should also mention that (SPOILER) Desmond is Subject17, and Subject16 died because the animus - the machine that creates a computer simulation of the world, based on genetic memories - turned his brain into Mousse au Chocolat, and now he's damned to stay inside the animus. ...Also, you should have mentioned that the whole point of kidnapping Desmond in first place was, that Abstergo believed they could find the Eden Apple, when they search in his genetic informations with the animus. An artefact, created by the species that was on earth before humanity, that can control humans, because humans are actually a lower species. 

...Because, of course, Abstergo, the modern templars, want world domination. Well, more or less... The templars want an order, rules, etc... Like it is in the real world. There are laws and penalities and stuff. Everything is more or less in its proper place.

Just people tend to fuck up everything... stupid people... They ruin everything! <_< 

Like Assassins do! I mean, they just randomly pop up and start to kill people because they simply are unable to accept other people opinions. I mean, wtf! Damn these Social Justice Warriors... They are a burden to humanity since 1191, or whenever their Assassins Brotherhood got founded in Masyaf again... (Seriously, I can't remember, but the game was set around that year, iirc)

Better join the templars instead, because principles... :) 

Do you swear to uphold the principles of our Order and all that for which we stand?
<"I do" - I swear, he said it!>
To never share our secrets nor divulage the true nature of our work?
And to do so from now until death -- whatever the cost?
Then I welcome you into our arms, brother. Together we shall usher in the dawn of a New World. One in which our hands will ensure that all things find their proper place.
Brother, you are one of us now... May the father of understanding guide us!

76493399f3ba14946b1ebc4715e4858d.jpgfuturavatarabstergo_loading_by_tiroux-d3

"We're cruel and desperate creatures, set in our conquering ways. The Saxons and the Franks. The Ottomans and Safavids... I could go on for hours. The whole of human history is but a series of conflicts and subjugation. A desire for more, and more, and more."

―Haytham Kenway

Edited by Neputyunu

4 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

You should also mention that [...]

Typical templar, trying to tell people what they should and should not say... People need the freedom to make up their own minds!

And no, I did not need to add anything to my original post (where I said more about the game than you now quote, by the way), what I said was all that was needed. What you are adding now is spoiler material that gets explained in the Ezio trilogy anyway - worst of all,

Spoiler

you are already talking about Those Who Came Before while their existence does not get revealed/explained until Assassin's Creed II!

Also, count on a templar to go back in time half a year to resurrect a discussion...

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Typical templar, trying to tell people what they should and should not say... People need the freedom to make up their own minds!

Huh? ...That's funny. Because Assassins are not accepting other peoples opinions and get offensive.

Your Freedom is a lie and just childish garbage. Look for example at these Lefties that are always rioting, and destroying other peoples stuff, because they can't accept opinions. :) 

I mean, just because some people don't like eg Trump, doesn't give them the right to destroy personX's (who's maybe even a Leftie too!) car! This is far beyond "Freedom of Speech", infact it is an abuse of it, and damage to property which should get penalizied.

what I said was all that was needed. What you are adding now is spoiler material

But why was the first game needed then anyway, when that what you said would be the only thing important?

Also, count on a templar to go back in time half a year to resurrect a discussion...

Interesting. So, you blame me for something that three other people did before me. :awesome: 

17 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

Huh? ...That's funny. Because Assassins are not accepting other peoples opinions and get offensive.

Your Freedom is a lie and just childish garbage. Look for example at these Lefties that are always rioting, and destroying other peoples stuff, because they can't accept opinions. :) 

I mean, just because some people don't like eg Trump, doesn't give them the right to destroy personX's (who's maybe even a Leftie too!) car! This is far beyond "Freedom of Speech", infact it is an abuse of it, and damage to property which should get penalizied.

Assassin's are accepting of other people's opinions. Give everyone all the facts, and give them the freedom to make up their own mind about it. It's the Templars who want to keep humanity in the dark.

Plus, I think criticising Trump opponents on the grounds of "abusing freedom of speech" is kind of hypocritical seeing as the racist, misogynistic, homophobic stuff Trump himself throws into the world. Trump is the poster child against "live and let live".

But why was the first game needed then anyway, when that what you said would be the only thing important?

The first game is not needed, that was my whole point. What I meant back then was that what I said was all the info one needs to have to begin playing AC II and onwards.

Interesting. So, you blame me for something that three other people did before me. :awesome: 

Nah, I didn't blame you for thread resurrection. I blamed you for going into a six month old post, that wasn't on either the first or last page of the thread :D

13 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess it's a good thing that I don't care about the Assassin's Creed-lore seeing those two weirdos above. :hmm:

14 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Assassin's are accepting of other people's opinions. Give everyone all the facts, and give them the freedom to make up their own mind about it. It's the Templars who want to keep humanity in the dark.

I don't know... Sometimes I felt really wrong with that what I was doing, as Assassin...

Plus, I think criticising Trump opponents on the grounds of "abusing freedom of speech" is kind of hypocritical seeing as the racist, misogynistic, homophobic stuff Trump himself throws into the world. Trump is the poster child against "live and let live".

Of course, Trump has his flaws. LIKE EVERYONE HAS. But also his opinions need to be respected, because he also has the freedom of speech, otherwise it would be hypocritical too. ;) 

The first game is not needed, that was my whole point.

I actually enjoyed the present-time story. I still do. The present-time story is the main-story of AC after all.

35 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess it's a good thing that I don't care about the Assassin's Creed-lore seeing those two weirdos above. :hmm:

We are just having a friendly argument (or, discussion?), in a neutral tavern, between a former Assassins and an actual Assassin.

I can accept his opinion about our both factions, even when I'm not sharing his views anymore. Of course there are idiots on both sides, nothing ever is perfect, because everything depends on people. But I'm actually disappointed by the brotherhood.

When having a friendly argument, instead of fighting each other because we are officially enemies, is making us weirdos... Fine. Your opinion. Enjoy your Freedom of Speech, we both brought to you and are fighting for in our own seperate and different ways. :P 

Edited by Neputyunu

1 minute ago, Neputyunu said:

I don't know... Sometimes I felt really wrong with that what I was doing, as Assassin...

The beauty is that everyone is flawed, the system the Templars try to create is worse than allowing freedom of thought and having a bad apple every once in a while.

Agreed, the Assassins aren't always completely in the right. Bonus points for any and all Assassin leaders that are not player characters.

Of course, Trump has his flaws. LIKE EVERYONE HAS. But also his opinions need to be respected, because he also has the freedom of speech, otherwise it would be hypocritical too. ;) 

Personally, I'd say "freedom of speech... for as long as it respects other people's lives and beliefs". Personally, I think religion is silly and outdated, and if asked on the matter I will definitely respond as such. That doesn't mean I go around yelling at Christians, Muslims and what have ya.

I actually enjoyed the present-time story. I still do. The present-time story is the main-story of AC after all.

I never really liked the present day storylines, I prefer the main alternative history fluff. But that's not really what my point was about: my point is that with a select bit of info, you can start on AC II and onwards without missing anything major by skipping the first game. Most of what I did not mention what happened in the first game, gets repeated in the second game anyway.

We are just having a friendly argument (or, discussion?), in a neutral tavern, between a former Assassins and an actual Assassin.

I can accept his opinion about our both factions, even when I'm not sharing his views anymore. Of course there are idiots on both sides, nothing ever is perfect, because everything depends on people. But I'm actually disappointed by the brotherhood.

When having a friendly argument, instead of fighting each other because we are officially enemies, is making us weirdos... Fine. Your opinion. Enjoy your Freedom of Speech, we both brought to you and are fighting for in our own seperate and different ways. :P 

Agreed. Don't know if it's an argument or discussion, a discussion is only an argument when you're trying to persuade the other that your point of view is the right one. While we both are sprouting opinions and arguments, I have a feeling we're not really trying to convince each other :)

I thought Assassin's Creed Rogue was a pretty good game in showing the wrong side of the Assassins, by the way. All that I was disappointed in with the game was that the whole assassin genocide seemed like an afterthought to the story, Shay didn't really assassinate that many assassins... most of the story seemed like setup to a rampage that never came.

23 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

It's just hard to follow for outsiders. The only points of contact I had/have with Assassin's Creed is Liberation, Chronicles, and Black Flag. Liberation was a horrible game which I didn't like at all, Chronicles is a game I just want to play because I heard it's an untypical Creed and gives me those 80's Prince of Persia-vibes and the main reason for Black Flag was the setting. :D Don't really care for this whole meta-story (yet?)

So I'm not really allowed to have any real opinion. :P

Edited by Crimson Idol

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's just hard to follow for outsiders. The only points of contact I had/have with Assassin's Creed is Liberation, Chronicles, and Black Flag. Liberation was a horrible game which I didn't like at all, Chronicles is a game I just want to play because I heard it's an untypical Creed and gives me those 80's Prince of Persia-vibes and the main reason for Black Flag was the setting. :D Don't really care for this whole meta-story (yet?)

Grab the collection and you're going to be surprised, Ezio's games are on a complete different level, they are amazing. (Revelations not so much, but still good)

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Go play the Ezio collection right now, come back afterwards.

Just now, Pavani_ said:

Grab the collection and you're going to be surprised, Ezio's games are on a complete different level, they are amazing. (Revelations not so much, but still good)

Revelations actually benefits the most from the upgrade, Constantinopel looks much prettier than before. I thought it looked really ugly last gen, bunch of shoe boxes on a hill divided by a river...

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Revelations actually benefits the most from the upgrade, Constantinopel looks much prettier than before. I thought it looked really ugly last gen, bunch of shoe boxes on a hill divided by a river...

I don't love Revelations because i didn't enjoy some of the new mechanics, but i like the game, still need to play it on PS4, got the collection, but i can't play them all nonstop, made that mistake back on my xbox 360, maybe that's why i don't enjoy Rev that much.

30 minutes ago, Pavani_ said:

I don't love Revelations because i didn't enjoy some of the new mechanics, but i like the game, still need to play it on PS4, got the collection, but i can't play them all nonstop, made that mistake back on my xbox 360, maybe that's why i don't enjoy Rev that much.

I played the Ezios three times now, all three times it was a marathon :)

Bought the first AC back when Revelations was released, started playing on saturday and I liked it so much that I paused the game to run to the game store before they closed, to buy II and Brotherhood. I bought Revelations right when I was done with Brotherhood.

After getting a PS4 and talking about how much free games I was getting for PS3 (I wanted to get one when they became cheaper), a friend gave me his PS3 because he wasn't using his any more. He also had many disc games to go along with it, amongst which all AC games up to and including III... So I played them all again.

Then, I got the Ezio Collection for PS4 and played all Ezio games once more... one after another.

I can never get through the Tomb Raider trilogy (Anniversary, Legend, Underword) in one go though. Took me a long time to take up where I left off in Legend on the X360, and now on the PS3 I left somewhere in Underworld.

Edited by BillyHorrible

50 minutes ago, Pavani_ said:

48 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Hell no. I might like the settings and the story might be interesting but I really dislike the "normal" gameplay of Creed and that is the most important part for me. The stealth-mechanics somehow feel non-existent and the combats have the problem of being too much of a choreography (the same problem I have with other Action-Adventures like Batman) so it's unlikely that I will grab the collection anytime soon.