Red Dead Revolver is now available on PS4

Finozzi1696

About time they did this! Been waiting on it for a while. Hopefully there will be a plat as well. Either way tho this is a must buy.

nope, I was referring to red dead revolver, I never played GUN back then, I heard a lot of people saying that gun is a bad game so without even trying it myself I skip't it.

GUN wasn't that bad. Not as good as Red Dead but still a decent game.

There are still quite a few PS2 Rockstar games that are likely to turn up on PS4. Such as Midnight Club, Midnight Club II, Midnight Club 3, Smuggler's Run, Smuggler's Run 2, Oni, State of Emergency, Max Payne 2 and Manhunt 2.

Although I would of thought that if they were to release Max Payne 2 on PS4 then they would have had the release coincide with the release of the first Max Payne. Same goes for Manhunt 2. I think the ones out of the bunch that we are most likely to get are Smuggler's Run and Oni.

Edited by olimoo101

Oh yeah, I forgot they came out on PS2. Man, Rockstar published so many PS2 games!

Yeah they were pretty prolific back in the PS2 days. Seems they're more about quality over quantity now, though saying that they had both back then.

Now RDR is out/coming, it's got to be the GTA Stories next I think. Maybe in November, so a year gap after the GTA Trilogy? :D

• Like 2

There are still quite a few PS2 Rockstar games that are likely to turn up on PS4. Such as Midnight Club, Midnight Club II, Midnight Club 3, Smuggler's Run, Smuggler's Run 2, Oni, State of Emergency, Max Payne 2 and Manhunt 2.

Although I would of thought that if they were to release Max Payne 2 on PS4 then they would have had the release coincide with the release of the first Max Payne. Same goes for Manhunt 2. I think the ones out of the bunch that we are most likely to get are Smuggler's Run and Oni.

Why is it that everyone forgets about both GTA Stories? yesterday I was reading the comment section of a NeoGaf article and the same thing happened.

I mean they are still very important games for the GTA Trilogy's story, since they are the official prequels of both GTA 3 and Vice City.

And since Take-Two said that Rockstar was having "tremendous success" with their PS2 titles, especially with GTA San Andreas and Bully, and seeing how GTA 3 and Vice City are also in the Top 5 of the PS2 games with the most owners then its safe to say that both GTA Stories are the ones that have the most chances to come, and after that the Midnight Club trilogy also has the most chances since is a well known franchise. About Max Payne, the first one didn't met the same excellent sales of the GTA Trilogy although it still did well on its own, and since Max Payne 2 was a failure on sales on its original release maybe that's why we haven't seen either a PS3 re-release last gen nor a PS4 re-release yet. And Manhunt 2 had a lot of controversy on its original release too, and it wasn't released on the PS3 either, although it did got a PSP/Vita re-release on the PS Store some years ago.

So yeah, GTA Stories, Midnight Club and maybe Max Payne 2 and Manhunt 2 have the most chances to get a re-release in my opinion. Meanwhile Smuggler's Run and Oni aren't exactly well known or very popular franchises so I don't think Rockstar has a high priority for them, although this doesn't mean they can't come at some point. 

Edited by Gevirein

Like the other games with no plat its going to wait for a price drop. They are making money off a 10 year old game, the least they could do is put some effort into the trophies.

Agreed. They should just make every developer use 1200 point of trophies, kinda like what xbox does.

• Like 1

Hi Javier ;)

I still have this fucker on PS2 in it's shiny package and shit from a few years back when I stumbled into it at Cashies for 3 bucks.

Still never played it. Is it even worth it to be honest? I mean, I'm replaying RDR 2 on 360 at the moment and love it just as much as I did 5 years ago, but like, I just don't care enough to play the original one.

Anyway, I can see RDR 2 being given away as a freebie on Xbone when RDR 3 comes out, which just makes me giggle even more at the cost of the PS2 to PS4 games.

That being said, finding a preowned copy of this game is actually a lot harder than, say, Max Payne or GTA's PS2 trilogy, so I'm all for it being re-released.

A quick search just found me a sealed copy of this on PS2 for 16 bucks on eBay. 23 buck digital re-release incoming, yo.