Red Dead Revolver is now available on PS4

Finozzi1696

As much as I welcome all of these Rockstar titles coming to PS4, it would be nice to get a bit of variety. I swear like half of the PS2 classics on PS4 are from Rockstar. There are plenty of great games on PS2 from other publishers I'd like to see.

That being said, Revolver looks like a fun game. I'll definitely be getting it at some point.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed this game back in the day. It wasn't the Wild West GTA that Redemption was. There was no online MP, but the four-player shootout game was tons of fun. Each character was unique, a bit cartoonish, and each had their strengths and weaknesses. There was no leveling up, no hidden golden guns, no player profile - it was just a single round of fun and humor. And then you'd restart, pick a different character, and play again.

I fear Redemption fans who never played this will be disappointed. It's not Sandbox, its not gratuitous violence, its not big in scope - it was just simple and fun. Some simple early generation games can stand the test of time (Punch-Out, Contra, Pac Man, etc). Red Dead Revolver is certainly not in that category, but it will be interesting to see how the new generation responds to it and I hope for it to do well.

I remember this game been super duper hard, I reach this part where you go inside a gold mine where a fat guy chase you with dynamite sticks.... I don't remember passing that part at all, also the loading screens are long and very annoying!

Isnt that the game GUN on PS2, the dynamite man sounds very similar.

I've beat this game over 10 times, and all I can say is anyone who hasn't played this game before, I highly recommend getting it. It's one of the best western games you can play and probably has one of the most polished split-screen modes I've ever played.

I thought people disliked that game? I thought that was one of the reasons the PS3 one was titled "Redemption"?

No, the game was quite well received when released, and was a success in terms of sales. The reason "Redemption" wasn't just called "Revolver 2" is because they aren't connected in terms of story, it was more of a successor to the series.

Edited by Meepy

You had the perfect opportunity to title this "RDR now on PS4" :shakefist:

Still not a PS2 game I'm interested in, but it's great to see regardless that the emulations are still being supported. Now give me my Chamber of Secrets, Sony.

Haha you're right! :) but I guess people would've hated me for getting their hopes up :( 

I'm also looking forward to some Harry Potter games! I played Chamber of Secrets like 1000 times when I was a kid and I loved it, although my favorite must've been Prisoner of Azkaban :) it's also my favorite movie of the franchise. But I greatly enjoyed all of them so hopefully we'll see them this time on PS4 at some point.

I thought people disliked that game? I thought that was one of the reasons the PS3 one was titled "Redemption"?

Like Meepy said, on the contrary! :) it was well received and got good sales, but the franchise really became known thanks to Redemption. It's kind of like a GTA 1 vs GTA Vice City/San Andreas scenario. 

So that means the third game on the franchise will not be called "Red Dead Redemption 2" but it'll have a different name instead of Redemption.

Awesome! After playing Redemption, I've always wanted to give Revolver a try. Looks like Rockstar are releasing all their PS2 titles on to the PS4, I hope for GTA Liberty City and Vice City stories in the future. 

I agree! both Stories are the ones I'm looking forward the most from Rockstar's catalogue, never got to play them so I'm quite excited to finally get to try them with this PS2 emulation on PS4 :)

As much as I welcome all of these Rockstar titles coming to PS4, it would be nice to get a bit of variety. I swear like half of the PS2 classics on PS4 are from Rockstar. There are plenty of great games on PS2 from other publishers I'd like to see.

That being said, Revolver looks like a fun game. I'll definitely be getting it at some point.

Yeah that's true, Sony needs to make deals with more publishers so we can get other PS2 games too. As of now the only other publishers that joined the emulations are D3 Publishers, Disney Interactive, Double Fine, Quantic Dream and SNK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

Although apparently they are getting another publisher, THQ Nordic, since one of their IPs "Destroy All Humans!" got leaked for an exclusive PS4 release some days ago: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40846-new-ps2-leak-destroy-all-humans-rated-for-ps4/

Personally I hope they could bring at least Konami or Koei Tecmo at some point, since I would really love to play all the PS2 Silent Hill games and the Fatal Frame/Project Zero PS2 trilogy with trophies/platinums  :wub:

Nice! Can't wait to pick this game up and see that trophy list. Hopefully we get a nice shiny plat.

From what a friend told me some months ago apparently there's a trend for this releases, each release follows this pattern now: "one PS2 game with a plat", "one PS2 game without one", etc... since months ago.

For example Ape Escape 2 didn't got a platinum, the next PS2 game Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy did got a plat, after that Hot Shots Tennis/Everybody's Tennis! is coming out tomorrow and according to Exophase it doesn't have a plat, so Red Dead Revolver will likely have one if it comes after that tennis game :)

• Like 2