February 2017: The Month Your Wallet Dies

ForbiddenRavioli

Nioh

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Persona 5

Nier: Automata

All we need now is for The Last Guardian and FFXV to be pushed into February 2017.

I can imagine all these developers just sitting at a table together:

Developer 1: Let's release all our great games in the same month!

Developer 2: But won't that just create more competition between us?

Developer 3: This won't work...Gamers are smart, they will wait for sales (with future PS+ plus games offered on sale the week before they are

released /giggle) or official price drop

Developer 1: Have you forgotten? They need to see their UNBIASED NON-CORPORATE review scores from IGN first. Remember, too much sand? LOL

Developer 2: Oh right, review embargos bwahahaha. This will pressure them to keep their pre-orders. (in case games go out of stock in this day and age amrite?)

Developer 1: Bwaha, it's settled, our development time tables will all converge along with the alignment  of the planets on Feb 2017.

Some men just want to see the world burn.

Anyways, Feb 2017 is looking to be a strong month in the world of gaming. Heck, let's just say the 1st quarter of 2017.

Are you guys going to get any of them games I listed right away?

• Like 4

I'm getting Horizon at launch, got the Collector's edition pre ordered. Persona 5 looks great as well but I've decided to not play that until I at least start 4: Golden.

Same, I got Horizon and P5 CEs pre-ordered as well. Yeah good idea, I hear great things about P4:G :)  Enjoy :)

Edited by ForbiddenRavioli
  • Like 1

The only one that interests me even slightly is Persona 5. The lack of dual audio means I won't pay more than $20 for it though so I won't be getting it for a while. The voice actors hired for the P4 series were terrible and I can't expect P5 to be any better (especially since I've already heard a few of them.)

• Like 1

Persona 5, Nier: Automata, and Horizon will be must buys for me. I'll just have to wait for Nioh and Berserk later on in the year, just won't have the time. Plus add to the fact that January has Yakuza 0 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Tales of Berseria western release is confirmed for Q1 2017, it's insane lol 

Literally in the first two months of next year, about 8 games I want will be released lol

I am more concerned with the next two months, if you come out under $2k you will be doing well. So many great titles about to drop

VR

Rush of blood VR

Batman Arkham VR

PlayStation VR worlds

Roller coaster world

Mafia 3

Battlefield 1

Call of duty

Steins gate 0

Assassins creed Ezio collection

Watch dogs 2

Dishonoured 2

Lego Dimensions wave 2 drops

Last guardian

Eve Valkyrie

Final fantasy xv

Gravity rush 2

We are drowning in games!

AWESOME

For me February 2017 is going to be the '2' in a 1-2 punch to my wallet. First Gravity Rush 2, Final Fantasy XV, maybe Watchdogs 2 and/or Last Guardian if they're good. Then Horizon and Persona 5. Plus XCOM 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance could well make an appearance in there somewhere if they get price drops.

In the meantime, I've pretty much stopped buying games!

I believe Nier is having worldwide release.

I don't think so, I haven't heard anything of a western release date yet, and the trailer that has the Japanese release date was shown at TGS, so the west will more than likely get it later, possibly Q2. And besides, not many games have worldwide releases on the same day unless it's Pokemon or something.

My wallet will be dead in November
Sword Art Online Hallow Realization( have collector's edition on preorder)
Pokemon Sun & Moon(plus a 2nd copy of Pokemon Moon)
Although I do plan on getting Nioh and Horizon Zero dawn as well
and I got The Last Guardian for December which will kill my wallet.
Got two copies of the Collector's edition on preorder for The last guardian as well

and got a collector's edition for Horizon Zero Dawn on preorder too.
PS4 is the first system I actually have planned on buying collector's editions for.

• Like 1

Do you want that gif again?

OK my wallet in the upcoming months..... And yeah Q1 is no different.... (With figures and games that is)

Totally forgot about action figures and statues completely. And Berserk volumes I still want to get...

My wallet will be dead in November

Sword Art Online Hallow Realization( have collector's edition on preorder)

Pokemon Sun & Moon(plus a 2nd copy of Pokemon Moon)

Although I do plan on getting Nioh and Horizon Zero dawn as well

and I got The Last Guardian for December which will kill my wallet.

Got two copies of the Collector's edition on preorder for The last guardian as well

and got a collector's edition for Horizon Zero Dawn on preorder too.

PS4 is the first system I actually have planned on buying collector's editions for.

Good plan, nice game choices.

I pre-ordered Last Guardian CE as well. Doesn't matter what happens. That thing is going out of stock and will not have a price drop.

Edited by ForbiddenRavioli

You're back! And as a different food item? What Sorcery is this!? You're also making me hungry..

But I'm poor. My wallet's aready dead. :P I'll buy the latter 3 when they hit $20 or less. Not really sure what the first 2 are? I'd have to look them up, to see if they interest me.

Edit: Nioh could be cool. Not so sure about Berserk.. I liked the Pirate Warriors games, but I'm also a huge One Piece fan. Don't know if I'd enjoy that one as much, since I've never seen Berserk's anime. :/

Edited by DamagingRob