Titanfall 2 Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

Wow.... they really did a Trophy for the training parcour leaderboard. When I played the Alpha, my first thought was, that the hardest trophy in the game might be awarded for beating the top score on those leaderboards. Although it ended up to be "only" top 3 and not the number 1, its still gonna be the hardest trophy by far.

The online trophies on the other hand are ridiculously easy. Im really dissapointed. Dont get me wrong: Its okay, that they are easier compared to the first game and I also expected a lot of singleplayer stuff. But this is primarily a multiplayer game and all they came up with is "Win a match", "Join a Network" and "Customize your Loadout"? Seriously? Trophies like these are the most retarded online trophies you could possibly create. Honestly, imagine the servers shut down one day and your locked out of the platinum, only because you cant open the multiplayer menu and customize your loadout lol They better should have skipped MP trophies entirely, instead of throwing in these 3 cheap and unnecassary ones imho

Two things i thought of when i first saw this trophy set:

1 - "Titanfall 2 Trophies"... SERIOUSLY?!?!? :facepalm: Another game from Electronic Arts that has that unnecessary "(Insert Game Name Here) Trophies" trophy set title that clearly has no reason whatsoever to have "Trophies" After the game title for a trophy set. It should be pretty obvious to EVERYONE that it's a trophy set, i mean, who has a PlayStation 3/4/Vita and doesn't even know what a trophy set is?  :blink:

2 - I looked at the platinum trophy of this trophy set and i didn't really like how the platinum trophy's icon just has one of the box arts for the game (Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline has made this mistake also). i think it's still suitable for a spot on someone's trophy cabinet since it has its own custom name but in my opinion it's not as good as Battlefield 1's platinum trophy.

What about that leaderboard trophy? That sounds like hell!

If it's an in-game leaderboard, that should be OK.

But if it's connected online and you have to get in the top 3, that's going to be impossible in a year's time. Look at Lost Planet 2's nom de guerre and ModNation Racers' "Flamin' Hot" trophy for perfect examples of why not to do that.

• Like 2

Wow.... they really did a Trophy for the training parcour leaderboard. When I played the Alpha, my first thought was, that the hardest trophy in the game might be awarded for beating the top score on those leaderboards. Although it ended up to be "only" top 3 and not the number 1, its still gonna be the hardest trophy by far.

The online trophies on the other hand are ridiculously easy. Im really dissapointed. Dont get me wrong: Its okay, that they are easier compared to the first game and I also expected a lot of singleplayer stuff. But this is primarily a multiplayer game and all they came up with is "Win a match", "Join a Network" and "Customize your Loadout"? Seriously? Trophies like these are the most retarded online trophies you could possibly create. Honestly, imagine the servers shut down one day and your locked out of the platinum, only because you cant open the multiplayer menu and customize your loadout lol They better should have skipped MP trophies entirely, instead of throwing in these 3 cheap and unnecassary ones imho

Pretty sure its not top 3 worldwide but top 3 against the NPCs times on the gauntlet.

I'm happy the online trophies are nice and stupidly easy. I was worried they would do crap like "kill 10,000 players" or "be on the top 1% of the weekly leaderboards" or "reach maximum levels." F that.

What a sigh of relief this is now i can enjoy the MP without having to hope that the planets align just right for some insane chain of events to take place to get one trophy. 

• Like 2

. Honestly, imagine the servers shut down one day and your locked out of the platinum, only because you cant open the multiplayer menu and customize your loadout lol They better should have skipped MP trophies entirely, instead of throwing in these 3 cheap and unnecassary ones imho

If the scenario above actually happened and the trophy or trophies are that easy the individual who got plat blocked because of this would have no one to blame but themselves. I admit they appear to be on the overly easy side but to your point if the servers were to shut down one day i would much rather have something easy to knock out   than a "get in a party of 12 or more and win 10 straight" or "be in the top 1% leader board in 1 week. Sorry i am all about the stress free MP trophies admittedly these look freakishly easy but I'll take it.

• Like 1

Pretty sure its not top 3 worldwide but top 3 against the NPCs times on the gauntlet.

I know. Still its gonna be freaking hard. Did you play the Aplpha? I really tried very hard to improve my time in that parcour, but rank 5 was the highest one I could get.

If the scenario above actually happened and the trophy or trophies are that easy the individual who got plat blocked because of this would have no one to blame but themselves. I admit they appear to be on the overly easy side but to your point if the servers were to shut down one day i would much rather have something easy to knock out   than a "get in a party of 12 or more and win 10 straight" or "be in the top 1% leader board in 1 week. Sorry i am all about the stress free MP trophies admittedly these look freakishly easy but I'll take it.

And what is with the people, who will play this game like ... lets say 1 year after the servers closed? My point is, that all the "hard" work for this platinum is singleplayer related, but one day the players, who have beaten the campaign on hard and did all the collectibles,  will be locked out of it, just because they cant open the MP menu and join a network. This reminds me of some Ratchet and Clank games, where the only online trophy is awarded for joining a lobby.

Or in other words: If a game looks me out of a platinum, I dont want to have this "oh come on?!" feeling. If there is a trophy for beating 50% of the online challenges or something like that and I havent done it yet when the servers shut down, I will accept, that I was too late for the party. But online trophies like these just feel cheap.

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

And what is with the people, who will play this game like ... lets say 1 year after the servers closed? My point is, that all the "hard" work for this platinum is singleplayer related, but one day the players, who have beaten the campaign on hard and did all the collectibles,  will be locked out of it, just because they cant open the MP menu and join a network. This reminds me of some Ratchet and Clank games, where the only online trophy is awarded for joining a lobby.

Or in other words: If a game looks me out of a platinum, I dont want to have this "oh come on?!" feeling. If there is a trophy for beating 50% of the online challenges or something like that and I havent done it yet when the servers shut down, I will accept, that I was too late for the party. But online trophies like these just feel cheap.

What you are describing are the problems someone would encounter if and only if they did no research at all on the MP before earning their first trophy. Notification is usually given well in advance when a server for a game is getting ready to close. Anyone that is trying a game out for the first time and attempting to get a platinum on said game that has been out for a significant amount of time has to have that consideration prior to even starting the game if they get locked out then its on them. You have to look before you leap.

Im guessing that in the long run they will probably just release DLC multiplayer trophy like they did in TF1 anyway.

Edited by stitchesnscars

Disappointed to be honest.

I kinda hate MP trophies like the rest of you (majority here I think) and Battlefront + Overwatch platinums were a fucking drag, but this is oh so freaking boring.

Basically you will get them 3 in 10 minutes and all you have to be is on the team were the 12-year olds are to win that first match and that's it, MP "complete".

As I'm getting this Day-1, it's disappointing because chances are I'll finish the platinum in 2018, since the SP doesn't interest me too much.

As for the servers closing it's only the buyer's fault for not investigating beforehand, this is common knowledge nowadays (like someone buying LBP Karting right now and then complaining, same for FIFA14 and whatnot).  As for it being a "major PiTA" because you wanna plat it but the servers are closed and you're late... well, this is a MP-centered game so whether 1 or 30 MP trophies it makes not much of a difference, unless you are the type of person that obsesses with the value or Gold, Silver and Bronze and your PSN level and all that; in that case chill, there is always going to be a Lego game to be finished that week so you can fill your quota.

as one of those trophy loving people this is a god send just like Battlefield 1.  Go to a redbox Friday morning on the way to work grab the disc and plat it over the weekend.

just need a collectibles guide which powerpyx is making and will hopefully post within the next 24-48 hours.

this fall's gaming rush is already off to a pretty good start as far as platinums and trophies are concerned, those who are trying to earn as many as they can before the new year will certainly benefit.

As someone who got 100% of the achievements in the first game and loved every minute of it, I am seriously disappointed in this list. I'm sure they'll add some ridiculous trophies to the DLC, but how long is it going to take for that to come out? THIS IS A MULTIPLAYER-CENTRIC GAME.

I'm glad they added a campaign, but that's not why I was excited about this game. I didn't necessarily need another 200 hour grind, and like I said, I'm sure there will be harder MP stuff in the DLC, but come on. Give me a reason to hop online and actually play this game. For a game like this to put all of its trophies into a 5 hour campaign is just... stupid.

As someone who got 100% of the achievements in the first game and loved every minute of it, I am seriously disappointed in this list. I'm sure they'll add some ridiculous trophies to the DLC, but how long is it going to take for that to come out? THIS IS A MULTIPLAYER-CENTRIC GAME.

I'm glad they added a campaign, but that's not why I was excited about this game. I didn't necessarily need another 200 hour grind, and like I said, I'm sure there will be harder MP stuff in the DLC, but come on. Give me a reason to hop online and actually play this game. For a game like this to put all of its trophies into a 5 hour campaign is just... stupid.

The first one was a multiplayer-centric game, but that was also its biggest criticism. I am never going to complain about a game that is missing lame MP trophies. And in fact, the lack of them makes me far more interested in this game than I otherwise would have been.

The first one was a multiplayer-centric game, but that was also its biggest criticism. I am never going to complain about a game that is missing lame MP trophies. And in fact, the lack of them makes me far more interested in this game than I otherwise would have been.

I'm certainly not advocating for lame MP trophies, but I was hoping the trophies would give me reason to put a decent amount of time into the MP, trying different modes and such. We'll see what the DLC brings...