The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

3 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

On a final note, what did you all think of E3? I didn't see a great deal to get too excited about, however that's probably a good thing and I can actually finish what I've got??? Yeah right. Assassin's Creed Origins looks good, I'm also keen for South Parks fractured but whole, Ni No Kuni 2 and the Shadow Of The Colossus remake.

E3 was kind of meh overall, but I think that was probably better than having a lot of announcements that are years out (like Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III and Shenmue III) or that end up being cancelled (like Scalebound).

There were still plenty of games shown that I'm interested in though. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle surprised me the most as I really wasn't expecting much from the rumours. Super Mario Odyssey looks like it could be close to 64/Sunshine and that's good since I wasn't a huge fan of Galaxy or 3D World. I'm glad that Beyond Good & Evil 2 was re-announced too, but I'm cautiously optimistic about it since it seems very ambitious and very different to the original. Cuphead, Far Cry 5, God of War, Metro Exodus, Metroid: Samus Returns, South Park: the Fractured but Whole, Spider-Man, Wolfenstein: the New Colossus and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all look appealing too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9252 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 78.97%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1032 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2593

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 190

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Well here we are at the end of June and the beginning of July. It's currently bucketing down with rain here in West Oz. Those last few weeks I've put off washing my car has paid off. I just push my car out on to the driveway and let nature do the work. Yesterday my inner child got to shine as we finally saw the launch of the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. The hardest part has been waiting until today to start it as part of another competition, we had to wait until July 1st. I have the game screen up and after much deliberation, I think I'm going to attack all 3 at once instead of my normal game plan to take it one at a time.

PLATINUMS: I earned a few this month. June saw me finish with Tekken 7, The Walking Dead Frontier, The Inner World, Energy Cycle and 1000 Top Rated which is my new fastest platinum. A big shout out to CJ for giving me the heads up about it before it was pulled. Hopefully it comes back and everyone gets a chance at it. I'm now sitting on 190 with 200 looking like a real possibility. I currently have my 200th planned out and I want it to be The Last Of Us. Thankfully I've already done the long MP grind for it, still it won't be easy.

No backlog games were touched in the least 2 weeks. I think for next years comp, I'm going to pick games I actually want to play, not games I think I should finish. Now it feels like a chore. I'm hoping to get Trine 2 done this year...we'll see.

On a final note, what did you all think of E3? I didn't see a great deal to get too excited about, however that's probably a good thing and I can actually finish what I've got??? Yeah right. Assassin's Creed Origins looks good, I'm also keen for South Parks fractured but whole, Ni No Kuni 2 and the Shadow Of The Colossus remake.

I hope you all had a productive month of trophy hunting, I'm off to go spin turtles and wear masks and ride wild piggies. Maybe find a gem or 2 1f60e.png

Nice progress mate. Definitely get the backlog games thing, some of my choices could've been better.

As for E3, didn't think that much of it. Microsoft & Sony's were average and really Ubisoft owned it for me. Bethesda did well too. While it wasn't the best, there was still some games shown and that's what it's all about.

• Like 1

Just now, CrestfallenV said:

Nice. How was it and how many hours did it take?

I enjoyed it but I enjoy Visual Novels which is a large part of this game. Took around 135 - 140 hours once you take into account all the reloads of the post game dungeons

9 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9252 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 78.97%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1032 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2593

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 190

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Well here we are at the end of June and the beginning of July. It's currently bucketing down with rain here in West Oz. Those last few weeks I've put off washing my car has paid off. I just push my car out on to the driveway and let nature do the work. Yesterday my inner child got to shine as we finally saw the launch of the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. The hardest part has been waiting until today to start it as part of another competition, we had to wait until July 1st. I have the game screen up and after much deliberation, I think I'm going to attack all 3 at once instead of my normal game plan to take it one at a time.

PLATINUMS: I earned a few this month. June saw me finish with Tekken 7, The Walking Dead Frontier, The Inner World, Energy Cycle and 1000 Top Rated which is my new fastest platinum. A big shout out to CJ for giving me the heads up about it before it was pulled. Hopefully it comes back and everyone gets a chance at it. I'm now sitting on 190 with 200 looking like a real possibility. I currently have my 200th planned out and I want it to be The Last Of Us. Thankfully I've already done the long MP grind for it, still it won't be easy.

No backlog games were touched in the least 2 weeks. I think for next years comp, I'm going to pick games I actually want to play, not games I think I should finish. Now it feels like a chore. I'm hoping to get Trine 2 done this year...we'll see.

I hope you all had a productive month of trophy hunting, I'm off to go spin turtles and wear masks and ride wild piggies. Maybe find a gem or 2 1f60e.png

Another great update, thanks for sharing mate. 

I made some good progress with the payday 2 DLC that was launched and now I only have 3 trophies to go... to grind or not to grind infamy 25. I'm thinking not for the sake of 1 stupid trophy. I really like pay day, but not this much!

I also started The Last of Us. Been meaning to for ages. Finished all the single player, just multiplayer and left behind DLC left. I'd love to save it for my 100th plat but at my pace I doubt I'd get there before 2 is released sometime next year. 

Apart from that, I had a pretty quiet month with no backlog games complete and no plats. 

I just started Crash today like you and I'm loving it. Brings back memories of my teenage years for sure. But I don't remember it being so hard! With that said, I wasn't playing for trophies back then; because I just played for fun and they didn't exist ?

As far as E3 goes, I'm definitely looking forward to The Crew 2. I really enjoyed the first one and can't wait to tie my controller on to my ceiling fan for 2 days straight again?  Far Cry 5 another highlight for me. 

• Like 1

I thought E3 wasn't very good either. But thats because all the good games from last year like God of War, the last of us P2, Spider-man and days gone aren't even released yet. Next years E3 should be great and i reckon we'll see a few more ip's and good sequels. E3 skips a year for good game announcements.

As for my gaming im continuing to tackle my backlog although i had to put the brakes on AC unity as the cleanup in that is insanely boring. Im also thinking of what to make my 175th platinum. I was thinking of making it Apotheon because the plat is called Omnipotence (having unlimited power). Any suggestions for milestones let me know ?

• Like 2

My backlog game has been fairly weak lately, made a lot of progress in a few titles earlier on this year but I always find myself pausing before the final push.

One of the biggest challenges for me has actually been forcing myself to try and play my PS3, it's very old and slow but I'd rather not have to purchase a new one if I can help it.

Trying to play Telltale Batman on it has been a nightmare, can't get through 10 mins of it without it crashing or freezing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spazza136 said:

PS3, it's very old and slow but I'd rather not have to purchase a new one if I can help it.

I know how you feel. My fatty runs fine although the discs never come out. i have to use a piece of cardboard to help it come out ?

2 hours ago, spazza136 said:

One of the biggest challenges for me has actually been forcing myself to try and play my PS3, it's very old and slow but I'd rather not have to purchase a new one if I can help it.

Yeah. It's simple things like waiting for a single trophy to sync, going to take a shit and coming back to find it at 50%.

Also, I've picked backlog games I didn't really want to play anyway, except maybe Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Speaking of E3 (not really), a whole bunch of localisations are getting announced at Anime Expo. Hope we get some.

Edited by AuzzieWingman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I know how you feel. My fatty runs fine although the discs never come out. i have to use a piece of cardboard to help it come out 1f61c.png

Luckily I haven't had physical issues like that with mine, wiped mine a little while ago just to have it run better, helped a little but not too much.

1 hour ago, AuzzieWingman said:

Yeah. It's simple things like waiting for a single trophy to sync, going to take a shit and coming back to find it at 50%.

Tell me about it, pretty much have to toss out any plans I might've had for the week just to have a few bronze trophies sync to the server.

It's like I'm being punished for having a long trophy list.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fang7744 said:

Haven't been able to post much due to work. Struggling with my new job :/

Sorry to hear that Fang, I hope it gets better for you soon. I might know that struggle soon enough too, I'm starting a new job tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 3:20 PM, MattyH16 said:

Great update again Matt, your making fantastic progress on your goals. I look forward to watching you continue to knock them out and reach your 200th plat.

20 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Backlog game #3: Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (Ultra Rare)...... Finally

Congrats man, I see you playing that most nights when I am thinking about calling it at 2am. Glad you got it done, must have been a beast.

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Sorry to hear that Fang, I hope it gets better for you soon. I might know that struggle soon enough too, I'm starting a new job tomorrow.

Best of luck with the new job. Welcome to the real world ?

Also would like to thank Wayne for what is turning into another very enjoyable and successful season of this league. I think you have reached a really good balance with the point structure between backlog / regular game trophies and other categories. 

Unfortunately I will be retiring as I have decided to remove my profile from this site for the rest of the year. I look forward to dropping by and watching how the event unfolds and wish everyone all the best. And @fisty123 I'll send you a private message when I pass you ?.

All the best guys,

Cj

25 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Unfortunately I will be retiring as I have decided to remove my profile from this site for the rest of the year. I look forward to dropping by and watching how the event unfolds and wish everyone all the best. And @fisty123 I'll send you a private message when I pass you 1f61c.png.

All the best guys,

Cj

Really? What? Why?

That's a shame. :(

But it has really opened up on the competition I suppose ?

All the best mate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Unfortunately I will be retiring as I have decided to remove my profile from this site for the rest of the year. I look forward to dropping by and watching how the event unfolds and wish everyone all the best. And @fisty123 I'll send you a private message when I pass you 1f61c.png.

All the best guys,

Cj

Damn shame to see you retire mate. Who will we make whore jokes about now? Lol jk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

All the best guys,

Cj

Wow. I'm conflicted. On one hand it's sad to see you go, but the other hand I now have a chance to actually win. :hmm:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

Shame to see you go, Now who I am going to make Visual Novel jab at.
But you did make one mistake..... If you pass me now when :P

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Shame to see you go, Now who I am going to make Visual Novel jab at.
But you did make one mistake..... If you pass me now when :P

You can still throw jabs, I ain't slowing down,  only now you won't actually be able to see the wall of VN's I'm going to use. ? And it was always when not if ........ Heck maybe I'm already there ? 

Takw care man, probably catch you again in 6 months 

4 hours ago, Feral said:

Damn shame to see you retire mate. Who will we make whore jokes about now? Lol jk.

I would keep firing the jokes, the next few months are going to be off the charts ( literally ?) 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2