The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

On 7/9/2017 at 8:14 PM, TheWayne-o said:

@Diagonis83 with The World of Nubla - Common (97.31%), Nubla - Common (96.94%) & Goosebumps: The Game - Common (74.49%) - boo this man! :P

Awww cmon.

I've had these sitting around a while and wanted to get them done LOL.

And seriously sitting through Goosebumps, wow what a shitty game.

But I moved up a spot yey.

And new record too. Go me

• Like 2

I got the Tekken 7 plat in a day. I didn't realise it was an easy plat, probably easier than Burning Blood as it were. Well, if Akuma's projectile game wasn't in there I'd honestly be stuck.

I think the AI is janky. Because everyone is a close combat type of character, having a large distance and spamming gohadokens makes them just... run into them. Thank fuck for that because a lot of the attack systems in general are aids to pull off.

Well, I'm done with juggle city so this one can go in the garbage pile.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Diagonis83 said:

Awww cmon.

And seriously sitting through Goosebumps, wow what a shitty game.

But I moved up a spot yey.

And new record too. Go me

Lol good for you man, Nubla is actually pretty good. If you do it again play it in Spanish, it really adds to the ambience.

4 minutes ago, AuzzieWingman said:

I got the Tekken 7 plat in a day. I didn't realise it was an easy plat, probably easier than Burning Blood as it were. Well, if Akuma's projectile game wasn't in there I'd honestly be stuck.

I think the AI is janky. Because everyone is a close combat type of character, having a large distance and spamming gohadokens makes them just... run into them. Thank fuck for that because a lot of the attack systems in general are aids to pull off.

Well, I'm done with juggle city so this one can go in the garbage pile.

Lol, I actually thought this was a VN when I played it, so many words and half of it was in Jap. Still quite enjoyable ?

Just got back into Rocket League yesterday after 2 years of not playing to get all the DLC done.

Seriously... How good is this game!? We got it for free on PS Plus a couple of years ago now and its given so much value. 3 DLC are paid for, the other 5 are FREE... and you can get all 3 of them for a little over $10AU now. One of the best PS Plus games we have got over the years IMO.

@CrestfallenV I am back from holidays now and happy to boost WRC5 with you whenever... Unless you have done the online portion whilst I was away. Just let me know!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9422 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 79.09%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1094 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2623

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 196

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Here we are at the halfway mark of June. I started off pretty slow and really enjoyed some Crash Bandicoot, all 3 of them actually. I played the originals pretty regularly on PS3 and it I have noticed it is a fair bit harder on PS4. Especially those Time Trials, some of them are busted. Took a bit of a break from Crash this week to earn a few platinums, 6 to be exact. Now that I am 4 platinums away from the coveted 200 milestone, I am now preparing my milestone game, The Last Of Us on PS3. I chose it mostly for the name of it's platinum trophy but also because it is a masterpiece in it's own right. I completed the Left Behind expansion for it yesterday and that too was amazing. Thankfully I finished the multiplayer trophies for it a couple of years ago and I believe all the glitches have been patched so it should be just 2 playthroughs to platinum if I'm lucky!

So now I just need to get 3 more platinums out the way. I do have the Crash trilogy to finish...1f604.png

Has anyone else tried That's You? A freebie with PS Plus this month and an Ultra Rare platinum to boot. There's a fairly decent guide up here for it, be nice to see a few more people get it at some point. Still no extra work on my backlog. It's like I'm deliberately avoiding them. Anyone else struggling to find motivation here?

On a final note, Gran Turismo Sport finally has a release date! 18th October 2017. Anyone else planning to pick this up? It's a Day 1 purchase for me, one of the few games I'll buy, even knowing my chances of platinuming it are low.

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f60e.png

Always look forward to reading your progress! Nice update again. 

It's been a slow start to the month for me too. Mainly because I've been on holidays but secondly because I felt like playing stuff for fun rather than grind out trophies. So yea, like you I am struggling for motivation on my backlog and trophies in general. 

Haven't tried that's you yet. Apparently if you have no friends with it you need 6 devices or something for the plat? I haven't checked properly yet but if that's the case, no worries! Lucky I live in a technology household with that many devices lol. 

I'm also looking forward to GT Sports and it's a day 1 buy for me too. I'm almost tempted to pre-order; something I've never done before. My g29 wheel will go so nicely with this game. I'll get the plat at all costs - whatever it takes =) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

Always look forward to reading your progress! Nice update again. 

It's been a slow start to the month for me too. Mainly because I've been on holidays but secondly because I felt like playing stuff for fun rather than grind out trophies. So yea, like you I am struggling for motivation on my backlog and trophies in general. 

Haven't tried that's you yet. Apparently if you have no friends with it you need 6 devices or something for the plat? I haven't checked properly yet but if that's the case, no worries! Lucky I live in a technology household with that many devices lol. 

I'm also looking forward to GT Sports and it's a day 1 buy for me too. I'm almost tempted to pre-order; something I've never done before. My g29 wheel will go so nicely with this game. I'll get the plat at all costs - whatever it takes =)

Cheers mate, yeah it happens. Where did you go on holiday?

There's a trophy that requires 6 devices yes. The player trophies don't stack either so you need to complete a 6 player, 5 player, 4 player, 3 player and 2 player match. You're lucky to live somewhere with enough devices, it should be an easy UR platinum for you, just tedious.

Pre-ordering isn't a bad idea. I think it will sell very well just like 5 and 6 on PS3. I'm keen on that collector's edition that comes with a model car. I should get a wheel. A lot of people tell me it really makes a difference.

Have you got the Gran Turismo 5 and 6 platinums?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Cheers mate, yeah it happens. Where did you go on holiday?

There's a trophy that requires 6 devices yes. The player trophies don't stack either so you need to complete a 6 player, 5 player, 4 player, 3 player and 2 player match. You're lucky to live somewhere with enough devices, it should be an easy UR platinum for you, just tedious.

Pre-ordering isn't a bad idea. I think it will sell very well just like 5 and 6 on PS3. I'm keen on that collector's edition that comes with a model car. I should get a wheel. A lot of people tell me it really makes a difference.

Have you got the Gran Turismo 5 and 6 platinums?

We went down to Tassie. Did some sight seeing etc and sampled some of the awesome food down there. Highly recommend it if you haven't been there before. 

Ive got the plat on GT6. I would have done GT5 but I started trophy hunting after it became unobtainable so I have never attempts it. I did play the game years ago on an old account though. 

The wheel does make a lot of difference and if you love your racing sims it's worth it. Every Thursday evening myself and a group of mates from work do some f1 2016 online. We all have wheels and it's great fun as well. 

• Like 3

On 16/07/2017 at 5:48 PM, MattyH16 said:

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9422 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 79.09%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1094 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2623

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 196

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Here we are at the halfway mark of June. I started off pretty slow and really enjoyed some Crash Bandicoot, all 3 of them actually. I played the originals pretty regularly on PS3 and it I have noticed it is a fair bit harder on PS4. Especially those Time Trials, some of them are busted. Took a bit of a break from Crash this week to earn a few platinums, 6 to be exact. Now that I am 4 platinums away from the coveted 200 milestone, I am now preparing my milestone game, The Last Of Us on PS3. I chose it mostly for the name of it's platinum trophy but also because it is a masterpiece in it's own right. I completed the Left Behind expansion for it yesterday and that too was amazing. Thankfully I finished the multiplayer trophies for it a couple of years ago and I believe all the glitches have been patched so it should be just 2 playthroughs to platinum if I'm lucky!

So now I just need to get 3 more platinums out the way. I do have the Crash trilogy to finish...1f604.png

Has anyone else tried That's You? A freebie with PS Plus this month and an Ultra Rare platinum to boot. There's a fairly decent guide up here for it, be nice to see a few more people get it at some point. Still no extra work on my backlog. It's like I'm deliberately avoiding them. Anyone else struggling to find motivation here?

On a final note, Gran Turismo Sport finally has a release date! 18th October 2017. Anyone else planning to pick this up? It's a Day 1 purchase for me, one of the few games I'll buy, even knowing my chances of platinuming it are low.

Great read again, thanks for posting. Congrats on making solid progress again this month and look forward to seeing you on the other side of 200 plats ?

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 4:26 PM, Diagonis83 said:

Awww cmon.

I just like ripping on people who play these 2 hour platinum games :P. Although at the end of the day, a platinum is a platinum I guess.

On 15/07/2017 at 9:28 PM, fang7744 said:

Haven't figured out the launch window part yet :P

Well keep us all posted once you start putting up some content, I'm sure there are a few people here that would be interested to know how it's all going and having a look!

Still no extra work on my backlog. It's like I'm deliberately avoiding them. Anyone else struggling to find motivation here?

I say just pick a game from the list and play it between 2 games that you're eager to play, that way it kind of gives you that something to look forward to. Who knows, you might end up being surprised by the backlog game and end up enjoying it?

I'm thinking about picking up GT Sport, although I don't really like the idea of it being focused around eSports. I'll just wait and see what the reviews and general buzz around the game are like upon release before committing one way or the other.

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 2

On 24/04/2017 at 2:01 PM, MattyH16 said:

I will if I get the season pass

I know this is old, but the two DLCs for Ghost Recon Wildlands are currently on special on the PS store for $15 each - season pass is still $60 and there is no further DLC to be released apparently so its not a bad buy.

And for those who liked NBA Jam back in the day, NBA playground is also on special in the store - a modern version of jam and MUCH harder!

I might pick them up. If you or anyone else wants to do these together, I'll be happy to help. It was a pretty fun game!

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

I know this is old, but the two DLCs for Ghost Recon Wildlands are currently on special on the PS store for $15 each - season pass is still $60 and there is no further DLC to be released apparently so its not a bad buy.

And for those who liked NBA Jam back in the day, NBA playground is also on special in the store - a modern version of jam and MUCH harder!

I might pick them up. If you or anyone else wants to do these together, I'll be happy to help. It was a pretty fun game!

I am about 1/2 way through the first DLC story missions but would be happy to co-op them at some stage if you like.

If you do get NBA playground let me know how it is. I am sitting on the fence between getting it on PS4 or Switch ..................

6 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I am about 1/2 way through the first DLC story missions but would be happy to co-op them at some stage if you like.

If you do get NBA playground let me know how it is. I am sitting on the fence between getting it on PS4 or Switch ..................

I'm downloading the dlc for wildlands now so we can do it on the weekend or something if you like? 

I've already played playgrounds as a mate has it so I am downloading that too.  If you liked nba jam, you will find it fun and infuriating at the same time. The timing to make shots, even simple dunks, has to be so precise it can drive you round the bend. However, once you master the muscle memory skills needed it is way better and more fun. 

I like playing it more with a friend than solo to be honest. Don't think you can play against friends online yet though. I believe it's random match making. Overall I would give it 6.5 out of 10. The 100% should be straight forward as long as you can win games to unlucky more card packs quickly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I'm downloading the dlc for wildlands now so we can do it on the weekend or something if you like? 

I've already played playgrounds as a mate has it so I am downloading that too.  If you liked nba jam, you will find it fun and infuriating at the same time. The timing to make shots, even simple dunks, has to be so precise it can drive you round the bend. However, once you master the muscle memory skills needed it is way better and more fun. 

I like playing it more with a friend than solo to be honest. Don't think you can play against friends online yet though. I believe it's random match making. Overall I would give it 6.5 out of 10. The 100% should be straight forward as long as you can win games to unlucky more card packs quickly. 

Sounds good, I will be around Sunday if your free to play at any time let me know ?. Thanks for NBA info I am not really interested in the trophies just looks like it will be a fun muckaround. Looks like a pickup for the Switch.

There might also be another dude that would like to do Wildlands as well @fmfab, not sure if he has already done it yet

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Sounds good, I will be around Sunday if your free to play at any time let me know 1f600.png. Thanks for NBA info I am not really interested in the trophies just looks like it will be a fun muckaround. Looks like a pickup for the Switch.

There might also be another dude that would like to do Wildlands as well @fmfab, not sure if he has already done it yet

Playgrounds would be great for some fun on switch I think. 

Just a quick recommendation for anyone looking for Vita games either Japanese or American region in particular. Ordered a handful of stuff from Play Asia 2 weeks ago just to see how it would go and they turned up before expected delivery date, with a special edition of one of the games and a voucher discount for next time. Would defitintely recommend.

Nice work, Matt. I'm having a pretty decent month myself, though that was always going to be the case since Game of Thrones and Life is Strange hand out trophies like lollies. :lol:

I finished up WRC 5 and am now working through Stories: the Path of Destinies. I should still be on pace to hit plat #100 this month too. :D

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Just a quick recommendation for anyone looking for Vita games either Japanese or American region in particular. Ordered a handful of stuff from Play Asia 2 weeks ago just to see how it would go and they turned up before expected delivery date, with a special edition of one of the games and a voucher discount for next time. Would defitintely recommend.

Play-Asia's great. Sometimes they're a little on the expensive side compared to others like Nippon-Yasan and AmiAmi, but other than that they're definitely recommended.

Edited by CrestfallenV
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, CrestfallenV said:

Nice work, Matt. I'm having a pretty decent month myself, though that was always going to be the case since Game of Thrones and Life is Strange hand out trophies like lollies. :lol:

I finished up WRC 5 and am now working through Stories: the Path of Destinies. I should still be on pace to hit plat #100 this month too. :D

Play-Asia's great. Sometimes they're a little on the expensive side compared to others like Nippon-Yasan and AmiAmi, but other than that they're definitely recommended.

I don't know these other two you mentioned, will check them out. Thanks for bringing them up ?

• Like 1

On 20/07/2017 at 9:42 PM, CjShai said:

I don't know these other two you mentioned, will check them out. Thanks for bringing them up 1f600.png

AmiAmi would be up there as the best for prices, the issue with AmiAmi is they got low stock and never really get more in so pre-orders always sell fast.
I use to use Nippon-Yasan all the time but not as much these days.
Another one would be Nin-Nin-Game, they get a ton more limited items but their pre-orders are not always on time.
Then there is Solaris japan who have nice sales from time to time.
Play-Asia is great for Chinese versions that have trophy stacks, they also get a lot more stock in but sometimes can be slighty higher in price

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Has anybody else played Crash Bandicoot? I started it a few days ago and I'm starting to get the hang of it again but man it's so much harder than I remember it being back in the day! 10 year old me would probably be extremely disappointed in current day me if he'd seen me playing it :lol:

If you mean the N.Sane Trilogy, it actually is. I think when they made it from the ground up, Vicarious Visions used the Crash 3 engine (or replicated it would be the right term) for the physics. Unfortunately this clashes somewhat with the hitbox and collision detection with the first two games at times, which were made faithfully and not altered to compensate. I imagine this is so that the game didn't have to load up three different engines.

If you mean your platforming skills, I know that feel. Super Mario Bros. is the hardest thing to play through since Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Just a quick shoutout to @adam1984123 for a fun co-op session in Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC last night. Some very hilarious moments including the parallel random bike parking on the stairs of the trial, the upside down plane landing in the challenge, random helicopter falling out of sky and whatever that last mission sans dwarf in a white suit was all about. Unfortunately I may have broken his revive button due to my characters obvious weak heart condition occasioning frequent spontaneous death. But all in all quite fun, thanks again ☺️

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Just a quick shoutout to @adam1984123 for a fun co-op session in Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC last night. Some very hilarious moments including the parallel random bike parking on the stairs of the trial, the upside down plane landing in the challenge, random helicopter falling out of sky and whatever that last mission sans dwarf in a white suit was all about. Unfortunately I may have broken his revive button due to my characters obvious weak heart condition occasioning frequent spontaneous death. But all in all quite fun, thanks again 263a.png

And thanks to you @CjShai. That was heaps of fun! I still don't know how you landed that plane upside down in perfect condition, one of the best flying performances I have seen in a video game hands down. So many good laughs completing that narco road DLC. Now the horrible grind to clean up the last of the trophies.

If you are up for the Ghost DLC (if you have it), be happy to do that with you in the coming weeks! I am sure it will be filled with more laughs.

• Like 2