The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

10 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

You know it!

How many games are you going to buy with said tax return? Hopefully you get a good amount back. Might be worth seeing an accountant if you earned a fair bit.

Haha I'm going to try and limit my spending on games, I've filled up my 2tb hard drive already and the only game I've really played the last month is Farming Simulator ?.

I hope I get a decent tax return, I've heard first year you usually get a good chunk back and I did pay a decent amount during the 9 months I worked for Woolies. I'm just glad to be working full-time now, casual rates paid fairly well but the inconsistency gets very annoying.

• Like 2

Well done on the wrap up again Matt, and congrats on taking the lead. Also good to see Simp ( you owe me 5 plats now ? ) back up amongst it. Looks like it is going to a close fight at the top for the next few months to come.

Congrats @fisty123 for your first achiever plat, I seem to remember you said that game would be quite easy with a guide. Why don't you write one and send it to me for safe keeping ?. I must say I am enjoying this new direction of long hard games you have chosen and thoroughly recommend you continue. I am on my own quest to try and finally play a VN that you haven't already. It seems everything I touch you have already commented with a delightful " thank you for the guide " on that other site. 

49 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Haha I'm going to try and limit my spending on games, I've filled up my 2tb hard drive already and the only game I've really played the last month is Farming Simulator 1f610.png.

I have seen you play this the last few days, they are actually not bad right. I bought a straw hat and found chewing a piece of twine really added to my immersion level. I don't have a sister so couldn't get the total farm life experience but hey you do what you can with what you got right ?

The addition of the " Fame & Shame " plat is a great idea, and while it pains me to know I can't take down the Shame title I find solace in the fact the winners only played a 98.49% common plat. Heck that is basically ultra rare from my standpoint. Looking forward to someone lifting their game into the high 99.9% common, because that my friends is where the true legends of shame reside ?

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, CjShai said:

Congrats @fisty123 for your first achiever plat, I seem to remember you said that game would be quite easy with a guide. Why don't you write one and send it to me for safe keeping 1f61c.png. I must say I am enjoying this new direction of long hard games you have chosen and thoroughly recommend you continue. I am on my own quest to try and finally play a VN that you haven't already. It seems everything I touch you have already commented with a delightful " thank you for the guide " on that other site.

I could but why would I want to make a hard plat turn into an easy and quick plat for others? I am not that nice.

Unfortunately I have not had much time to play console games so I have had to stick to the trusty Vita. if only I was able to have more Vita backlog games.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Hi all,

Found out some good news and wanted to share it with you. After nearly 12 months, I am finally published. I have completed and submitted a trophy guide and it's been accepted. Anyone playing or thinking about playing The Lego Movie should definitely check it out. Even if you don't intend to play, I'm still happy to hear what people think.

If my guide helps even one person to get the platinum, I'm pretty happy with that :)

Congratulations on getting published Matt! I will play Lego Movie: The Videogame at some point (because everything is awesome!) and will be sure to check out your guide.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Hey everyone, I've just hit a huge milestone and I really want to share it with you all:

Platinum #200: The Last Of Us (including all DLC).

The Last Of Us is an incredible and a unique adventure. Every aspect of it was challenging, including the multiplayer section at times. The last 2 days especially have had me raging at the tv and quite possibly confusing the hell out of my neighbours. I may even have endured the wrath of my wife after unintentionally waking my daughter at night after getting too agitated with Grounded Mode (the hardest difficulty).

But I'm delighted to say the persistence paid off and I'm am now the proud owner of a new and highly worthy Ultra Rare platinum. I picked The Last Of Us to be my 200th platinum for a few reasons but the main one was for the platinum name: It Can't Be For Nothing. I feel like it kinda describes my trophy hunting adventures over the years.

Anyway, that's my bit of happy news. Hope you all hit a few milestones yourselves 263a.png

Nice work mate! How ironic I just got this same platinum this week as well, although it was only 78 for me lol. 

I didn't mind the online. It was a bit of a grind but overall it was pretty fun to play. 

I still have left behind DLC to complete which I will do this week or next. Can't wait for TLOU 2 now! 

Congrats on getting your guide published as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

I better start making some progress only sitting on 30 trophies for the month. Work and catching up on Visual Novels has killed my trophy progress. I might need to ask the @CjShai for some quick tips but I am not sure if I want to go to that level again :P

Lol who. Just keep on keeping on man, only a another month or so till I'm on the right side of your ranking ?

• Like 1

On 11/08/2017 at 10:40 PM, fisty123 said:

I better start making some progress only sitting on 30 trophies for the month. Work and catching up on Visual Novels has killed my trophy progress. I might need to ask the @CjShai for some quick tips but I am not sure if I want to go to that level again :P

29 more than me so far, lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9636 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase and maintain my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 80.09%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1168 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2585

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 205

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Here we are at the halfway mark of August. I know my update today is quite late. It was actually my birthday today 1f382.png1f3ae.png and I've spent the day being treated by my wife and daughter and extended family. I managed to score Yooka-Laylee and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which I'm rapt about. Bub helped to pick out my favourite chocolates (with mummy's help). I even managed to squeeze out a birthday platinum with Dying: Reborn on the Vita no less!

This month I have managed to tick off 2 of my challenges, hitting 80% completion and hitting 200 platinums. Pretty happy with my progress there. That 10,000 total trophy count is looming in the horizon, I can now catch a glimpse at it's beauty on a sunny day with light or no cloud cover. But other than that I'm actually feeling a bit lost after breaking into the Aussie top 50 and popping 200 platinums. Guess I could go for 300? Maybe work on some Ultra Rare platinums? Backlog games??? Helloooooooooooooooo???

The Sims 4 is coming out on PS4 in November. According to EB, the deluxe edition comes out 3 days earlier than the standard. Like I needed any more incentive! That's a Day 1 buy for me. How is everyone else going with their challenges, backlogs, personal gaming goals?

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f642.png

Thanks for sharing the update mate. 

And happy birthday!

Been a pretty quiet month for me so far but I have managed a platinum with TLOU Remastered. And I should get F12016 play tonight or tomorrow. 

After that I wouldn't mind getting into another of my backlog games I suppose. But then again there are quite a few good games on the horizon that I want to play as well.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9636 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase and maintain my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 80.09%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1168 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2585

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 205

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Here we are at the halfway mark of August. I know my update today is quite late. It was actually my birthday today 1f382.png1f3ae.png and I've spent the day being treated by my wife and daughter and extended family. I managed to score Yooka-Laylee and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which I'm rapt about. Bub helped to pick out my favourite chocolates (with mummy's help). I even managed to squeeze out a birthday platinum with Dying: Reborn on the Vita no less!

This month I have managed to tick off 2 of my challenges, hitting 80% completion and hitting 200 platinums. Pretty happy with my progress there. That 10,000 total trophy count is looming in the horizon, I can now catch a glimpse at it's beauty on a sunny day with light or no cloud cover. But other than that I'm actually feeling a bit lost after breaking into the Aussie top 50 and popping 200 platinums. Guess I could go for 300? Maybe work on some Ultra Rare platinums? Backlog games??? Helloooooooooooooooo???

The Sims 4 is coming out on PS4 in November. According to EB, the deluxe edition comes out 3 days earlier than the standard. Like I needed any more incentive! That's a Day 1 buy for me. How is everyone else going with their challenges, backlogs, personal gaming goals?

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f642.png

Happy birthday mate :) Nice update too btw.

Sounds like it's now time for you to get some ultra rare backlog plats lol. Good luck figuring out the next goals.

Well seems I'll be getting The Sims 4 early now that you've said that about it. I've forgotten about other goals now that getting my unearned trophies under 3000 is looking like it'll happen. It's my only focus for now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Thanks for sharing the update mate. 

And happy birthday!

Been a pretty quiet month for me so far but I have managed a platinum with TLOU Remastered. And I should get F12016 play tonight or tomorrow. 

After that I wouldn't mind getting into another of my backlog games I suppose. But then again there are quite a few good games on the horizon that I want to play as well. 

Thanks mate, yeah I saw you got The Last Of Us Remastered complete, well done. Also good job on hitting 100% for Just Cause 3. Might have to get you to send me those callouts when I start playing. F1 2016 is looking mighty close to popping, keep it up!

1 hour ago, Feral said:

Happy birthday mate :) Nice update too btw.

Sounds like it's now time for you to get some ultra rare backlog plats lol. Good luck figuring out the next goals.

Well seems I'll be getting The Sims 4 early now that you've said that about it. I've forgotten about other goals now that getting my unearned trophies under 3000 is looking like it'll happen. It's my only focus for now.

Thanks mate. Yeah I'd like a few more UR's, I find that you generally need a few good players helping you with MP or co-op because so many games feature that these days. Then again, I do have Thief and I have Styx: Master Of Shadows which require neither so I have a couple of options.

I had a look at JB Hifi to make sure it wasn't just an EB typo and sure enough, if you pre-order the deluxe edition, you get it 3 days earlier as well as 3 extra content packages. I've always loved The Sims. Interesting story, The Sims 3 on PS3 was my first ever Ultra Rare platinum!

I reckon reducing your unearned trophy count to below 3000 is highly possible for you. I can see you've got a couple of games that are close to platinum as well. We'll make a 50 platinum player out of you yet ?

• Like 2