The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

On 2017-6-5 at 1:43 PM, cjshaitan said:

You can mark me down for competiting backlog game - Disney Infinity 1.0.   I think 2.0 is next up on the cards but we shall see 

I lol'ed and when I saw Disney Infinity on your backlog... Sounds like such a cj game... then I see the plat is ultra rare. So hats off to you. :)

I'm surprised your started Friday the 13th... 1000 games as Jason is a shite load. But you are not really concerned about completion so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I lol'ed and when I saw Disney Infinity on your backlog... Sounds like such a cj game... then I see the plat is ultra rare. So hats off to you. :)

I'm surprised your started Friday the 13th... 1000 games as Jason is a shite load. But you are not really concerned about completion so it doesn't really matter.

Thanks mate, I was surprised it was an ultra rare, it was very fun with a little grinding at end but not much at all. I am really enjoying Friday 13th, the time it takes to find games sometimes sucks but the atmosphere when it does start is fantastic. I imagine the plat is very tough but if you don't mind just playing for fun it's great.

If anyone is interested I will have a party chat open for Bethesda conference on Monday and Sony Confernce on Tuesday. If you want to jump in please do, it was great fun last year. If anyone is on the dark side I will probably watch the Microsoft one on Xbone too ?

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2017 at 8:53 AM, cjshaitan said:

150hrs for one game, didn't even know

they make them that long ?

Now that I sit here at work stalking the site I am more amazed you sat through the Project Diva X grind.. Did you buy the module DLC to save time or did you just get lucky?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Now that I sit here at work stalking the site I am more amazed you sat through the Project Diva X grind.. Did you buy the module DLC to save time or did you just get lucky?

Does a bear shit in the woods ..................... Even with that it still took almost ? hrs. That extreme 10+ song was definitely not something you should try with mid 30 yr old fingers

56 minutes ago, fang7744 said:

Ps3 died but getting a ps4 tomorrow after work.

Been trying to get used to a new job but I might need to drop out of the competition depending on how some things turn out :/

I hope you get a good price. Jb had a 1 day only price of $279 today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Does a bear shit in the woods ..................... Even with that it still took almost 1f4af.png hrs. That extreme 10+ song was definitely not something you should try with mid 30 yr old fingers

I have been doing the grind again. 7 Modules to go and and 13 gift events to see. As for the extreme songs yeah I know the pain the diagnose of type 1 diabetes 2 years ago took its toll on my hands and fast button mashing games took some time to do some of them and a lot of pain in the hands for a while.

1 hour ago, fang7744 said:

Been trying to get used to a new job but I might need to drop out of the competition depending on how some things turn out :/

I recall seeing JB (I think) having a sale on the PS4slims at a decent price. Ah yep this was one day only.

EB games and JB both have a console+game deal at $496, EB with FF15 or both watchdogs and JB with Horizon and a Universal Media Remote.
There could be others as EB has their massive year sale on now.

JB also have a deal at the moment on the PS4 Pro which is the following

PlayStation 4 1TB PRO Console + Prey + Horizon Zero Dawn + Fallout 4 + Universal Media Remote for $539!

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

On 04/06/2017 at 11:41 PM, Feral said:

I've been horribly slack & that's the only reason my completion rate is ok lol

Yet you're still ahead of me in that bit Wayne, damn it all.

Yeah I managed to keep ahead of you in completion for this month, better lift your game mate :P

On 05/06/2017 at 1:43 PM, cjshaitan said:

Also congrats @TheWayne-o, very nice to see you holding down second.

You can mark me down for competiting backlog game - Disney Infinity 1.0.   I think 2.0 is next up on the cards but we shall see 

Thanks mate. I only jumped up the ladder because of the completion and rarity points, without them I would be struggling in the middle of the pack. No problems, I'll add the points during the next update. Not that you need them anyway lol.

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Thanks mate. I only jumped up the ladder because of the completion and rarity points, without them I would be struggling in the middle of the pack. No problems, I'll add the points during the next update. Not that you need them anyway lol.

Ironically it was the same points that got me back to the lead ?

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 9:38 PM, fang7744 said:

I'm not sure if you've picked up a PS4 yet, but there's some decent deals on the PS4 Slim tomorrow. EB has a 500GB PS4 Slim with Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind for $299 and Big W has a 500GB Slim without any games for $289. If you're not interested in ESO, you should be able to resell it for a good amount considering it only released a few days ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Yeah I managed to keep ahead of you in completion for this month, better lift your game mate :P

Ha ha ha lift my game and put down the rum 

Clearly gonna have to hire ninjas to add games to your profile and wreck your completion :hmm:

On 07/06/2017 at 11:17 PM, fisty123 said:

I have been doing the grind again. 7 Modules to go and and 13 gift events to see. As for the extreme songs yeah I know the pain the diagnose of type 1 diabetes 2 years ago took its toll on my hands and fast button mashing games took some time to do some of them and a lot of pain in the hands for a while.

Nice one it is a long grind but fun if done over time, took me a good 6 months here and there. Sorry to hear about the diabetes, my problem is I tend get to tense and start to feel some RSI. I am dreadful at using the D pad to split the hits but I discovered the controller flat on the table and a different finger for each button approach worked well for me. Looks like I'm playing some sort of farked up instrument but it sure works ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fang7744 said:

Random question, how do you know if you can double plat a game?

Forget about double stacking Fang, open yourself up to the beautiful world of triple and quadruple stacking.

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

Just look up game on here and see how many different trophy lists it has. Sometimes the region can be unclear.

Not surprised you were here to answer that question immediately ?

• Like 2

On 10/06/2017 at 9:33 AM, spazza136 said:

Forget about double stacking Fang, open yourself up to the beautiful world of triple and quadruple stacking.

Not surprised you were here to answer that question immediately 1f604.png

i suggest u look at sound shapes this games has been kind to me..:giggle:

3 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Well here we are at the halfway mark of June. All I could think about the last few weeks was Tekken 7. I'm not sure if any of you who bought it tried to play online but if you did, I'm sure you'd agree it was a disaster just trying to connect with other players. There was also the fact of season pass codes not working. Bit disappointing but both issues have been resolved and I have another proud platinum added to my collection.

After a monster effort in May, I'm now going through the all too familiar "what should I play next???" phase. I've had a go at Alienantion which is actually quite good and Alien Isolation which is also extremely good. I'm up to the part where you finally see the alien and it's now on the hunt (spoiler alert) 1f601.png and I am trying to finish off the Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC. I even earned one lonesome backlog trophy for Trine 2!

I've spent a bit of time on the PS3, so many old games to finish, so little time. I'm slowly chipping away at Red Dead Redemption (why did I ever buy this?) and LittleBigPlanet. I'll never have a perfect 100% profile, yet for some reason I still care about stuff like completion. Maybe one day I'll see the light (Like our mate CJ) and just play everything regardless of trophy completion, but until then, I'm going to find 3 players on my friends list and complete a level in LittleBigPlanet and I'll be making sandworms kill each other in Trine 2.

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f60e.png

Nice update as always.

I am kinda of the same with you with my profile - I know it will never be 100% complete but this year I have been finding myself going back to complete games from years ago... and for what reason I have no idea. Like they just added 40 something trophies to payday 2... so I purchased the game again and will get stuck in to that in the coming weeks... but why, I dont know.

Might be this competition, to get more points for better completion!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Nice update as always.

I am kinda of the same with you with my profile - I know it will never be 100% complete but this year I have been finding myself going back to complete games from years ago... and for what reason I have no idea. Like they just added 40 something trophies to payday 2... so I purchased the game again and will get stuck in to that in the coming weeks... but why, I dont know.

Might be this competition, to get more points for better completion!

@MattyH16 @adam1984123,  it's a sickness. I look forward to when you finally break the curse and can join me, it's a lot more fun playing whatever you want ?

• Like 2

So my wrap up for the first half of the month, trophy hunting has been very average but not to concerned, will pick up pace at some point ?. (Damn you Netflix with your House of Cards / Orange is the new black drop within a week ).

Still achieved some goals (albeit non gaming directly )

- finally learnt how to use Keynote on the IMac (having a great time creating a PowerPoint/video)

- reconnected with Simpgraus /Joey enjoyed the chat look forward to more ?

- had a really enjoyable Sony E3 conference with lots of laughs with Spazza, MattyH, other Matt and Fmfab

- managed to successfully navigate JP ps store for Sherlock Holmes stack ( harder than you would imagine)

- within 500 pages of finishing Atlas Shrugged, really a must read if you run your own business or aspire too. Probably advisable to wait till your 30s to read it though as may tip you over the edge into a fark you society outlook ( although who isn't really there already).

On a gaming front some progress on second stack of FFXV(seriously I love this game - and OMG did you see in Sony's conference VR fishing adventure in September .... Yes. No real progress anywhere else but will Aim to hit 199 plats by months end. We shall see. 

Hope everyone else else is having fun ?

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

On 2016-11-11 at 4:26 PM, TheWayne-o said:

To be eligible to enter you must: be Australian, have one player using your PSN ID (this will be tough to prove so as long as you don't have something like 500 games earning 7 trophies each day consistently then you should be okay)

and be willing to participate in the thread (we don’t want people that are going to sign up and then never be heard from again). In an attempt to screen participants and weed these people out, you must have at least 50 posts in the forums to be considered for a spot in this competition.

It's a shame more people aren't abiding by this. I would love to hear about what everyone else is up to with their games and showing each other some love and support in the posts. I'd like to see more of it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

On a gaming front some progress on second stack of FFXV(seriously I love this game - and OMG did you see in Sony's conference VR fishing adventure in September .... Yes. No real progress anywhere else but will Aim to hit 199 plats by months end. We shall see.

FFXV was made for people with an attention span of a fish;
hold button, mash button, find a dog tag, ohh the view looks pretty, walk 30 minutes can't jump up to a tiny ledge which is as high as the Noctis shin, walks 10 minutes to get around tiny ledge find another dog tag, oh someone wants their farm protected find another dog tag and then repeat the process.
But wait but we have fishing yay 10 levels of fishing to grind out.

I think the fishing and dull side quests are the reason why I have not stacked it and at this stage no idea on how many DLC trophy packs they are going to add.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1