3rd Annual League of Trophy Hunters Holiday Special - Dec. 27th - Jan 4th (This time with prizes!)

1 minute ago, jantrick2 said:

Only managed 3 bronze trophies for the first day... Guess I shouldn't have gotten all those easy FFXV trophies when I started the game before the event started. :facepalm:

Don't feel too bad. I got a whopping 4 bronze trophies in the first round. It didn't go as well as I hoped it would... :P

• Like 1

The scores are in!

Preliminaries Scores:
Trophy Surgeons - 97
1. adam1984123 - 96
2. skateak - 1

The Aspiring Ferrets - 80

1. FFHannibal - 77

2. Wdjat Prinny Doods - 3

What's in a Name Anyway? - 75

1. MrUnknown625 - 42

2. Walt the Dog - 33

The Grubby Baboons - 61

1. Psy-Tychist - 61

2. ShogunCroCop - 0

Welcome to the Darkside - 42
1. cjshaitan - 29
2. EpicNogg4 - 13

RemixAngels - 39

1. redcar200 - 7

2. shadowhood1111 - 32

The (Self-Proclaimed) Trophy Elite - 24

1. jem12345 - 24

2. trophybros - 0

Fear and Ignorance - 24
1. hibpshman - 12
2. SxyRxy22 - 12

The Dutch Alliance - 19

1. HcG Clawz - 0

2. HcG-_Terror - 19

Cloudburst Duo - 12

1. Rach - 6

2. Zach - 6

Team Too Busy Watching Anime - 11

1. Dragon-Archon - 2

2. Kochiya-Shana - 9

The Interesting Dugongs - 10

1. azlanslayer - 10

2. Enma8910 - 0

Not the underdogs but the obvious winners - 6
1. LucasV9991 - 3

2. Whyfire - 3

All Your Waifus Are Belong To Us - 5

1. Ken Kaneki - 1

2. Undead Wolf - 4

The Cagey Horses - 3

1. BenjaminV_2002 - 0

2. jantrick2 - 3

Team Zutter - 0

1. PhantomOfThorns - 0

2. Triicky913 - 0

Even with the heavy temptation of saving trophies with there being no eliminations, all but one of the teams managed to come out with a non-zero score (though most of the scores are a tad on the low side). Based on these scores, I have created the brackets, now available at the bottom of the opening post. Our team was tied with Fear and Ignorance, so I just put our teams in a random generator to decide our spots (I know I said no RNG this year, but this will be the last time! I promise!).

The first round of the tournament starts at midnight GMT. Remember that you have your boosts. Each boost can only be used once, but feel free to use as many as you want in any given round. Just know that once you announce your boost, it is final! Trophybros and I are considering using a boost next round, but we'll wait a bit to see what our opponents do.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Man, I did really bad... :lol:

I don't have any trophies saved for this event, so it'll be pretty much impossible to compete with those that do. Still, I'm gonna be putting in some work next round so I don't embarrass myself quite so much at least. :P

You can always download a bunch of free-to-play games for an easy 30-50 points. Also, since your first opponents are in my opinion one of the toughest teams in the bracket, it might be a good idea to use all of your boosts for a decent shot at victory. :P

Edited by jem12345
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Man, I did really bad... :lol:

I don't have any trophies saved for this event, so it'll be pretty much impossible to compete with those that do. Still, I'm gonna be putting in some work next round so I don't embarrass myself quite so much at least. :P

mmmmm Goodluck with your next matchup ..... you never know maybe PSN will go down for the MrUnknown/Walt combo - such a shame you two are on the other side of the draw .... oh well :giggle:

Personally I was happy with my day one score. Who would of thought Witcher 3 would give up a silver trophy so cheaply looking forward to the next 60hrs without a trophy in sight :)

Edited by cjshaitan

14 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

You can always download a bunch of free-to-play games for an easy 30-50 points. Also, since your first opponents are in my opinion one of the toughest teams in the bracket, it might be a good idea to use all of your boosts for a decent shot at victory. :P

I mean I could, but that would also destroy my competition rate that I've worked so hard to maintain in the progress. Is it worth that kind of cost? :P

One of the toughest teams? Hahaha... Haha...

tumblr_nxz3rhVCRg1sk1rjvo1_500.gif

Yeah, about those boosts. I guess I'll use my one for the next round. If @Ken Kaneki wants to use his and the team boost as well, that's okay with me.

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

mmmmm Goodluck with your next matchup ..... you never know maybe PSN will go down for the MrUnknown/Walt combo - such a shame you two are on the other side of the draw .... oh well :giggle:

I think you underestimate our POWER! Fear us, mortals, for all of your waifus belong to us!!!

giphy.gif

Oh, this is a competition about trophies? GG then... :P

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I mean I could, but that would also destroy my competition rate that I've worked so hard to maintain in the progress. Is it worth that kind of cost? :P

Do you mean completion rate? You can always finish up the games later. It'll just take a while.

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, about those boosts. I guess I'll use my one for the next round. If @Ken Kaneki wants to use his and the team boost as well, that's okay with me.

Alright. Let me know if you decide to use any more.

To avoid confusion in future rounds, I turned your platinum trophy into a Ditto to show that you're using your boost this round. It will disappear once the round is over.

6 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Hmmm maybe I went too hard too early? But hopefully our opponents are a now show for round 2 like they were in round 1!

@skateak 

I doubt it. They're the other big threats this year. It's great knowing we won't have to worry about them for a while. I'm expecting them to get triple digits easily.

Edited by jem12345

49 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Do you mean completion rate? You can always finish up the games later. It'll just take a while.

The only free-to-play games I know of are difficult, time-consuming, or are something I'm not interested in playing. Usually a combination of all three. :P

I'll make do with the games I have planned. I won't give up without a fight! :devil:

22 minutes ago, hibpshman said:

I would like to use my individual boost for the next round please.

You've been updated.

Just a reminder that you can only declare a boost up until the start of the round. There are only a few hours left to declare a boost, so choose wisely!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zach said:

Does round 1 start or end in 3hrs? Just got back yesterday from being out of town so just now giving this a look.

Round 1 starts in three hours. Though you're fighting the Trophy Elite, so you can pretty much consider it your Final Round.

• Like 1