3rd Annual League of Trophy Hunters Holiday Special - Dec. 27th - Jan 4th (This time with prizes!)

Aah, screw it. I wasn't sure if I should use my boost, but if Jem and his brother managed to defeat us (somehow ;) ) I at least want to be able to say I give it my all. It also probably means that if we survive this round, we pretty much don't stand a chance (unless @Wdjat Prinny Doods can pull something off), because there were some amazing scores even without boosts. So I'll use my individual boost this round.

(I also didn't want to be that much of an asshole and announce it like one minute before the round started, so @jem12345 you still have time if you wanted to do something about it ;) )

Edited by FFHannibal
  • Like 1

Everyone has been updated (so many dancing Dittos!). Sorry for the delay.

59 minutes ago, FFHannibal said:

Aah, screw it. I wasn't sure if I should use my boost, but if Jem and his brother managed to defeat us (somehow ;) ) I at least want to be able to say I give it my all. It also probably means that if we survive this round, we pretty much don't stand a chance (unless @Wdjat Prinny Doods can pull something off), because there were some amazing scores even without boosts. So I'll use my individual boost this round.

(I also didn't want to be that much of an asshole and announce it like one minute before the round started, so @jem12345 you still have time if you wanted to do something about it ;) )

Yeah, I was expecting this. I had this conversation with my brother last night:

Me - If Hannibal uses his boost, should we use one of our own?

Bro - This round should be an easy win. Even if they use all three of their boosts, we'd still win without even using one.

Me - :giggle: Who's cocky now, bro?

Good luck.

37 minutes ago, shadowhood1111 said:

Yo Jem my man, we will be using our team boost

Good luck. If you can take down Walt and Unknown, it would make the rest of this tournament ten times easier.

32 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

I am happy to be an asshole and do it  ?    Epicnogg4 will be using his individual boost, thanks Jem 

Someone has to be "that guy". No problem.

Now, to provide trophybros with my ultimate strategy!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Bro - This round should be an easy win. Even if they use all three of their boosts, we'd still win without even using one.

Good luck.

Haha, yeah I kinda had to. I'm hoping to get a decent score and at least we won't go down without a fight. Good luck to you both ;)

• Like 1

Happy new year to all of you!

I'm going into 2017 being pretty sick but nevertheless I think 2017 will be a great year.

Congrats @cjshaitan and @EpicNogg4, I had quite some things planned for today 's match but unfortunately just wasn't feeling well enough to be able to play games. Hope you guys will be able to dethrone @jem12345:devil:.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm going into 2017 being pretty sick but nevertheless I think 2017 will be a great year.

Congrats @cjshaitan and @EpicNogg4, I had quite some things planned for today 's match but unfortunately just wasn't feeling well enough to be able to play games. Hope you guys will be able to dethrone @jem12345:devil:.

I don't know that they'll get the chance. :devil:

Edited by Walt the Dog

29 minutes ago, FFHannibal said:

Oh yeah, @jem12345 don't count my score just yet, still have to sync some trophies, I've got an hour or three left to sync don't I? ;)

(I'll be home in like half an hour I think, so I will sync as soon as possible though) 

That's...unsettling.

4 minutes ago, FFHannibal said:

I just noticed my profile was updated a little more than usual tonight/today, so I thought it best to wait to sync the final game I played ;). I'm all synced up now btw, I'm excited to see the scores.

Image result for dio looking in sewer gif

Over 100 unsynced points. Let me let that sink in for a moment that I lost before I even started to compete. Over 500 trophies saved for the semifinals and finals, all for nothing. GG.

There's only one thing left to do now: go on a trophy rampage because I'm sick and tired of saving my trophies.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Image result for dio looking in sewer gif

Over 100 unsynced points. Let me let that sink in for a moment that I lost before I even started to compete. Over 500 trophies saved for the semifinals and finals, all for nothing. GG.

There's only one thing left to do now: go on a trophy rampage because I'm sick and tired of saving my trophies.

I feel like I just dodged a cannonball. You really don't wanna give up that $20, do you? :P

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

If my calculations are correct and neither jem nor trophybros are bluffing, here's the scores for that matchup.

The (Self-Proclaimed) Trophy Elite - 168

jem12345 - 21

trophybros - 147

The Aspiring Ferrets - 191 (111)

FFHannibal - 160 (80)

Wdjat Prinny Doods - 31

I might be off by one or two points, but it won't make a difference. I look forward to dominating seeing you in the semi-finals, Aspiring Ferrets.

EDIT: Decided to do a little check of my matchup just in case...

RemixAngels - 176 (122)

redcar200 - 153.5 (107)

shadowhood1111 - 22.5 (15)

What's in a Name Anyway? - 256

MrUnknown625 - 115

Wdog-999 - 141

Not sure if I'm off here because while I know my score, Unknown's was two higher by my count than what he said he had. Either way, unless either redcar or shadowhood pulls an FFHannibal, we dominated, and without boosts to boot.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

If my calculations are correct and neither jem nor trophybros are bluffing, here's the scores for that matchup.

jem12345 - 21

trophybros - 147

FFHannibal - 160 (80)

Wdjat Prinny Doods - 31

I might be off by one or two points, but it won't make a difference. I look forward to dominating seeing you in the semi-finals, Aspiring Ferrets.

I counted 193, but yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it. It's annoying since I could've easily made up the difference in under an hour, but I thought my brother could handle it. I don't blame him though, and I'm proud of his performance.

Between this and the team league, I'm starting to feel like one of those mid-tier villains who comes off as a menacing opponent, only to be taken out much more easily than expected. I sure hope it doesn't become a trend.

1 minute ago, jem12345 said:

Between this and the team league, I'm starting to feel like one of those mid-tier villains who comes off as a menacing opponent, only to be taken out much more easily than expected. I sure hope it doesn't become a trend.

Lol

The Round Two Scores are in!

Trophy Surgeons 158 VS Fear and Ignorance 235

Not the underdogs but the obvious winners 16 VS Welcome to the Darkside 217

The Aspiring Ferrets 193 VS The (Self-Proclaimed) Trophy Elite 168

What's in a Name Anyway? 256 VS RemixAngels 181.5

Congratulations to the final four. I counted pretty fast to have this up before midnight, so please let me know if there are any errors.

With The Trophy Elite stepping down from the tournament, there is now officially a prize. Now it's just a matter of who will win that prize.

• Like 2

Damn, our run has come to an end!

I knew that new years eve would be the death of us. Well played everyone, GG! Good luck to those that are left.

Worst thing is, Grim Master Fandango froze on me right near the end of chapter 3 of 4... and as the game doesn't save I have to play all the way up to that point again so I can finish that thing off.:angry:

• Like 2

@FFHannibal I would like to thank you for putting up with my abysmal performance thus far and carrying us to the final 4, prinnies aren't heavy creatures but i'm sure this still has put a strain on your back dood :P

@jem12345 I'd like to use my individual boost for the next round. I highly doubt it will make much difference as I know I probably won't subject myself to the games that would be needed to win but I'm a proud member of the Aspiring Ferrets, a team name with a long storied tradition of excellence and furriness. You can't aspire to be a ferret without going down  swinging.....or scratching....I think ferrets scratch... doods

I'm honestly surprised we made it out of that round, maybe we just got lucky though I mean it was suppose to be suuuch an easy win for the bros afterall doods

On 12/30/2016 at 7:32 PM, jem12345 said:

:awesome:

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Happy new year too ?

Sorry to hear you you are not well, hope you are better soon. I was expecting quite the challenge from both you and Whyfire but we will take the win and look forward to a rematch one day. Thanks to the trophy hunting machine that is my partner, Epic, carrying us through to the semis. 

2 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

jem12345 - 21

trophybros - 147

FFHannibal - 160 (80)

Wdjat Prinny Doods - 31

EDIT: Decided to do a little check of my matchup just in case...

RemixAngels - 176 (122)

redcar200 - 153.5 (107)

shadowhood1111 - 22.5 (15)

What's in a Name Anyway? - 256

MrUnknown625 - 115

Wdog-999 - 141

Not sure if I'm off here because while I know my score, Unknown's was two higher by my count than what he said he had. Either way, unless either redcar or shadowhood pulls an FFHannibal, we dominated, and without boosts to boot.

So many words ........... and then a sparkly object on the ground distracted me. Did you manage to luckbox another win

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

@FFHannibal I would like to thank you for putting up with my abysmal performance thus far and carrying us to the final 4, prinnies aren't heavy creatures but i'm sure this still has put a strain on your back dood :P

@jem12345 I'd like to use my individual boost for the next round. I highly doubt it will make much difference as I know I probably won't subject myself to the games that would be needed to win but I'm a proud member of the Aspiring Ferrets, a team name with a long storied tradition of excellence and furriness. You can't aspire to be a ferret without going down  swinging.....or scratching....I think ferrets scratch... doods

I'm honestly surprised we made it out of that round, maybe we just got lucky though I mean it was suppose to be suuuch an easy win for the bros afterall doods

:awesome:

You've been updated.

I have a bad habit of underestimating my opponents. Consider yourselves lucky I decided to go easy on you this time. I hope to have an epic rematch someday!

Great job Hannibal and Prinny, I figured jem and brother would make it a hell of a lot farther than the second round and never would've guessed you'd be the team to knock them out. I love an underdog so I know who I will be rooting for in the coming rounds :) GL and keep surprising people!

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1